Last year I took a dive on the scooter, the scooter got some cosmetic damage and I got really sore. The insurance figures it will cost too much to repair because the local dealer only orders new parts with no paint from Italy. So with that I am embarking on repairing Scootie is parked for winter, I have been working on getting repairs started. The plan, once I get the body repairs done is to cover over the body damage with some vehicle vinyl. This is the easiest part, I am a graphic designer and have the artwork ready to go.
With that said here is what I need to fix:
- The front wheel cover needs to have scratches sanded down
- Sand and repair the body just under the right foot rest
- Rear right wheel cover needs the Futurama decal removed and the metal & paint sanded down
- fix the gap on the top right side of the leg shield
- Need to locate a full size windscreen for a Vespa Sprint, preferably somewhere in Canada
After the repairs are made I am also planning modify a little. Looking to add:
- crash bars
- replace foot rests
Wish me luck and any tips and advice is greatly appreciated.