OP
UTC

Piaggio BV 500

Piaggio BV 500
UTC quote
Hi, has anyone used this, or something similar, to boost the performance a little?
http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/evo-tech-motorcycle-performance-chip/Piaggio/bv-500

Thinking about checking it out for my BV 500.
Thanks.
Dieter
@fore_runner avatar
UTC

Runner VXR200

@fore_runner avatar
Runner VXR200
UTC quote
I have no experience with this part, but from the look of the website, i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
I am not exactly sure what your 'particular pony needs' are, but i highly doubt this chip is going to deliver them. The engines in these scooters dont really have huge performance potential just waiting to be unlocked; they are designed to be simple and torquey and CVT-friendly, and a plug and play performance chip isnt going to change this.
If tuning these engines was this simple, the big european tuning houses like malossi and polini would have put out products to do so long ago.
Don't waste your money on this! I would be surprised if it made any difference at all!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
I agree with Fore runner the whole thing looks a bit 'pony'. Save your money mate.
OP
UTC

Piaggio BV 500

Piaggio BV 500
UTC quote
Chip
I have to agree with you guys, I noticed that the description - and probably the chip - is totally generic, not model specific. They just replace the name of the bike with whatever you searched for.

Thanks.
Dieter
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0080s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]