OP
UTC

UTC quote
Hi,

I just purchased a used (new to me) 2009 Vespa S15 with 1,800 miles. The owner said that it has recently been serviced, but I'd like to take it in anyway just to be sure. It's my first scooter, and I'd rather know that it is running in top shape.

There are two locations near me, Motor-Vation and Yamaha Triumph of Camp Hill. The scooter was originally purchased at Motor-Vation, but they no longer sell Vespas...so I'm not sure that they are licensed to service them.

Anyhow, I wondered if anyone had a place that they liked to take it to in the Harrisburg Area. Or, if you have had experience at either place.

Thanks,
Brad
@roaringtodd avatar
UTC

Hooked
'04 Stella 2T GB150 '15 Genuine Roughhouse 50 '17 Kawasaki Versys 650

Hooked
@roaringtodd avatar
UTC quote
I'd recommend without reservation Carlisle Cycle and Scooter in Carlisle. They are a Genuine Scooter dealer, and Bill has worked in the motorcycle industry for over 30 years. I believe Carlisle Cycle and Scooter also has some used Vespas for sale.

http://carlislecycleandscooter.blogspot.com/
@kabarash avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]

Molto Verboso
@kabarash avatar
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
UTC quote
Though Motor-Vation may not be an authorised dealer any longer, chances are high that they still have the same mechanics that worked for them when they were. It can't hurt to call and ask if they will service your scoot. The only 'rub' there is if there's warentee work necessary.
I've heard good things about Carlisle Cycle, though I've not used them.
My local Genuine dealer, BMA Motors in Bainbridge, has done me well over the years, he will service many brands of bikes and scoots without any issue. My younger son purchased a Fly 50 used from them and that's where he takes it for service. Best of all for me, if I for any reason have to leave my scoot, a Genuine Buddy 150, in the 'hospital' it's only a 3 & 1/2 or so mile walk home....
@roaringtodd avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@roaringtodd avatar
UTC quote
Kabarash - I am very familiar with Brainbridge, and in fact, the river road country is one of my favorite places to ride. I find it very interesting that there is a Genuine Scooters dealership in that area (rural low population). First time I have heard of the dealership.
@kabarash avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@kabarash avatar
UTC quote
Todd, they're a small shop just north of the village of Bainbridge on Rt 441. A son and father situation with one or two other employees.

Give me a 'shout' next time you're riding out this way we'll ride together some.

Keith
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Thanks for all of the advice. I had scheduled an appointment at Motor-Vation, but I think I'll cancel it and take it to Carlisle Scooter. It makes me feel more at ease to take it somewhere where they really specialize in something.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0097s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0022s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]