UTC

Hooked
Sei Giorni 2020

Hooked
@gvdb avatar
Sei Giorni 2020
UTC quote
Hey guys,

First post here. Just got a GTS Super Sport 2016. I'm researching front racks.
Does anyone have any experience with Logoscooter? Those look kind of cool.

Here's a shot of my scooter. I live in San Francisco, if that makes a difference.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT
UTC quote
Welcome! Nice scooter and parking spot!

If I lived in SF, I'd see if I could find another place to park it that is less obvious to thieves and vandals. If not, and if you can, I'd install an large eyebolt into the concrete (my neighbor has one for a trailer) and run a hefty chain through the front or rear wheel and the eyebolt to prevent someone from attempting to steal your scooter by just rolling it or picking it up into a pickup truck. Vespa's aren't that heavy.

You might also consider a cover to keep it out of the elements and hide what's under it. I love in Santa Cruz and have similar weather. A cover will keep it clean and protect it from rusting. See my review of covers from years ago. I still stand by my comments from then. When I cover my bike and its in public view, I run a small cable through the eyelets on the bottom of the cover to keep someone from stealing the cover.

Also, if that's your house, there are also sorts of clever things you could do to make a small covered parking spot for your bike.

Enjoy the fall riding.

Cheers
Miguel
OP
@gvdb avatar
UTC

Hooked
Sei Giorni 2020

Hooked
@gvdb avatar
Sei Giorni 2020
UTC quote
Hey Miguel,

I know Santa Cruz well. I typically do lock the scooter overnight, big Krypto for the front wheel and one of those locks for the throttle and brake lever.

This is the best spot I've got though, it's more out of the way than it looks. I will probably get a cover, right now I'm washing and waxing it frequently.
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Welcome. Awesome pic!
@buzzkillg230rc avatar
UTC

Primavera 150

@buzzkillg230rc avatar
Primavera 150
UTC quote
Awesome Scoot!

Welcome
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Picture
Is that a picture of you on the wall:) Nice Scoot.
@hauntedmyst avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@hauntedmyst avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Awesome scoot! Was in SF a couple of weekends ago and it was glorious! Awesome to see so many scooters all over the place.
@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.

Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
UTC quote
Welcome from North Bay.

Nice scoot!
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
Logoscooter used to make the OEM Piaggio racks and bars, so the quality of the product is very good. Fitment should not be an issue either.

The install for that rack uses the same point that holds the horn cover panel, so you would need to leave the Piaggio badge off - not that it's a big deal.

Be sure to protect you paint and the points of contact between the rack and scooter body itself. I used clear packing tape, but really wasn't happy with that. Others have used clear automotive protective film and someone used clear smartphone screen protector film.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
UTC quote
Nice looking scooter. The color helps it blend into the background where you park.
UTC

Hooked
2012 Vespa GTS300ie

Hooked
2012 Vespa GTS300ie
UTC quote
I drove into SF yesterday in my mini-cage and was pleasantly surprised to see so many scooters on the freeway coming over the Bay Bridge. There is no question that a scooter is the vehicle to have in the City, but it's usually motorcycles I see on 80, 101 etc. Yesterday I saw two LX150's and a Beverly coming over the bridge, happily lane splitting the stupid gridlock at the tollbooth. Enjoy your sweet ride!
UTC

Hooked
'05 NINJA 250 (in sick bay), '09 TMAX, '13 GTS300, '13 CITYCOM, '14 NINJA 650 ABS

Hooked
'05 NINJA 250 (in sick bay), '09 TMAX, '13 GTS300, '13 CITYCOM, '14 NINJA 650 ABS
UTC quote
I like how Prince is watching over your scoot.
OP
@gvdb avatar
UTC

Hooked
Sei Giorni 2020

Hooked
@gvdb avatar
Sei Giorni 2020
UTC quote
Hey guys thanks for all the comments.

Knowing Logoscooter used to make the OEM Piaggio racks is very helpful.

As far as the mural, you know I started painting the wall grey so that the scooter would blend in better, you know? Thats why I got the matte grey super sport, so it wouldn't stand out...

Anyways, after painting the wall grey, I started painting stars, then I remembered this artwork of Prince as the Little Prince, and I just went with it...and yeah, Prince looks a bit like he's on the scooter, which is kind of a reference to Purple Rain.

As far as SF and scooters? They were made for each other, I know all the back streets and alleys and love riding through them to get away from traffic.
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
UTC quote
I spy, with my little eye... someone's possible avatar? I think the Little Prince/ Prince should be yours. It's a shame if you don't use it in some fashion and spread it around daily!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0171s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0089s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]