OP
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
MP3 500
UTC quote
Temptation.......... SO HARD! lol
I was at the Honda, Kawasaki, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio dealership today. They have a brand new 2016 Piaggio MP3 500 on sale for $7,000 CAD. I was almost there I just barely made it out alive lol.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
Re: Temptation
richbloom wrote:
I was at the Honda, Kawasaki, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio dealership today. They have a brand new 2016 Piaggio MP3 500 on sale for $7,000 CAD. I was almost there I just barely made it out alive lol.

You have my attention...
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
thats a really good price
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
I must be hallucinating. Need to sleep, something....
...Must.... ...Not.... ...Buy.... Shhh emoticon Eyelashes emoticon Goofy emoticon Stubborn emoticon Wha? emoticon Laughing emoticon
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
UTC quote
richbloom wrote:
Wow...
I paid List Price, but I had the First one in Atlanta.
I would have my check book out.
They come with 2 Year Warranty now.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Very Good Deal !
Very Good Deal !
@mauibound avatar
UTC

MP3 500

@mauibound avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Temptation
Hello everyone...read alot, post little. What a deal!! If you are in Canada, its a steal.

This "deal" triggered me to post because I have a problem I now have as to value of my "new" 2008 MP3 500. I would appreciate any and all comments.
Most looking for a new bike have no choice but to buy a 2016 or a used MP3 as there is no new 2008/9/10's left. A minty used one can go for $5500, still cheaper than a new 2016!!

Here is my delima!! I bought a new Red/Black 500 from RideNow in Phoenix off the showroom floor...they don't allow test rides so I sat on it on the stand, fell in love and bought it...dumb me!!! They delivered it to me at my house and left. Rode it for 200 miles and knew I had a big problem...Seat is 31 inches off ground and I am 28 in crouch to ground. Sitting way front and on tippy toes, holding bike up is no fun...locking at stop the forks was my only way to ride...bummer and not safe as I felt I had lost control. I don't see me putting 3 in lifts on my shoes so here is the poop scoop on the bike...

Bought new in 2014 as a untitled rep bike who was fired, as a full warr. bike with 3 full years which ran out. Took delivery with 421 miles, added a crap load of acc so the bike has a list about $13,500. Now 650 miles...Dealer stored my bike for 6 months during summer and a home move. While at dealer, I took advantage of a nice manager in service and a full factory warr. and had everything replaced that showed any sign of wear from time or them moving it. As of June 2016 it has new shocks(rubber bushing cracked from time )new 2016 seat(real soft) with "red" sewing from factory in Italy as they put a hole in original seat. Brand new $500 Madstead wind screen with Robo mounts, battery, oil change and new belt. All other fluids were also changed and all updates to computers were made bu nre computer the dealer received. Has new run flat tires with nitrogen 200 miles ago, Piaggio $500 plug and play security system, hand guards, pegs, front and rear, removeable matching cargo carrier with back support for passenger. All switches were replaced under warr. because of time fade so the bike really is a new bike titled 2008...a real beauty. Comes with NIB cover, extra new belt and plugs, battery tender and much more to list. Also, if bike is sold to a Phoenix buyer it still has about 9 months left of a inhouse warrenty at RideNow that they gave to me. Bikes new battery is on the battery tender that comes with the bike and had been started on stand every week but not ridden. You will never find another new bike like this ever offered as there are none.

My problem....after Temptation, what do I sell this one of a kind "new" loaded mint MP3 500 as new 2008 for??

I thought $7500 would be a very fair price...Please tell me your thoughts as I respect this groups opinion as you are all more in touch with reality than I am. I am 71 yrs young, and too frigging short for this beautiful bike. Would love to keep but I felt safer on my lower Harleys!!

Regards to all and thanks in advance,

Gary

garysaltz@cox.net
623-500-2604
435-229-9200
Surprise Az. 85375
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
UTC quote
MauiBound wrote:
Hello everyone...read alot, post little. What a deal!! If you are in Canada, its a steal.

This "deal" triggered me to post because I have a problem I now have as to value of my "new" 2008 MP3 500. I would appreciate any and all comments.
Most looking for a new bike have no choice but to buy a 2016 or a used MP3 as there is no new 2008/9/10's left. A minty used one can go for $5500, still cheaper than a new 2016!!

Here is my delima!! I bought a new Red/Black 500 from RideNow in Phoenix off the showroom floor...they don't allow test rides so I sat on it on the stand, fell in love and bought it...dumb me!!! They delivered it to me at my house and left. Rode it for 200 miles and knew I had a big problem...Seat is 31 inches off ground and I am 28 in crouch to ground. Sitting way front and on tippy toes, holding bike up is no fun...locking at stop the forks was my only way to ride...bummer and not safe as I felt I had lost control. I don't see me putting 3 in lifts on my shoes so here is the poop scoop on the bike...

Bought new in 2014 as a untitled rep bike who was fired, as a full warr. bike with 3 full years which ran out. Took delivery with 421 miles, added a crap load of acc so the bike has a list about $13,500. Now 650 miles...Dealer stored my bike for 6 months during summer and a home move. While at dealer, I took advantage of a nice manager in service and a full factory warr. and had everything replaced that showed any sign of wear from time or them moving it. As of June 2016 it has new shocks(rubber bushing cracked from time )new 2016 seat(real soft) with "red" sewing from factory in Italy as they put a hole in original seat. Brand new $500 Madstead wind screen with Robo mounts, battery, oil change and new belt. All other fluids were also changed and all updates to computers were made bu nre computer the dealer received. Has new run flat tires with nitrogen 200 miles ago, Piaggio $500 plug and play security system, hand guards, pegs, front and rear, removeable matching cargo carrier with back support for passenger. All switches were replaced under warr. because of time fade so the bike really is a new bike titled 2008...a real beauty. Comes with NIB cover, extra new belt and plugs, battery tender and much more to list. Also, if bike is sold to a Phoenix buyer it still has about 9 months left of a inhouse warrenty at RideNow that they gave to me. Bikes new battery is on the battery tender that comes with the bike and had been started on stand every week but not ridden. You will never find another new bike like this ever offered as there are none.

My problem....after Temptation, what do I sell this one of a kind "new" loaded mint MP3 500 as new 2008 for??

I thought $7500 would be a very fair price...Please tell me your thoughts as I respect this groups opinion as you are all more in touch with reality than I am. I am 71 yrs young, and too frigging short for this beautiful bike. Would love to keep but I felt safer on my lower Harleys!!

Regards to all and thanks in advance,

Gary

garysaltz@cox.net
623-500-2604
435-229-9200
Surprise Az. 85375
When you compare a Maxi-Scooter to a Motorcycle I am of the opinion that Scooters all sit Higher. I am 5'3", 28" inseam myself.
I admit when I rode my 2016 MP3/500 ABS home, I was falling to one side and landing on one foot. But a few weeks later, I am flat footed now with both feet. Search MV you will see some posts on this topic.

But if your selling, I think the concern anyone would have is with the Oil Blow, and Piston Issues from the past that some bikes had. But if someone does not know the history, it won't be a variable. I have seen MP3/400's sell for more money.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
I'd say there is not a snowball's chance in heck that you could get $7,500 for a 2008 MP3 500 regardless of condition or accessories. The Kelly Bluebook retail for that bike is $3895 in excellent condition. And that matches up with what I see for resale of the older MP3 500s around here ($3,000-$4,000 depending on condition). With only 650 miles on the bike in 2+ years or ownership, my advise would be to go out and ride it. As klaborde commented, there are several ways to deal with the height problem if you choose. Otherwise, you need to accept that you will take a significant loss at sale.
@ramblerdan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 400

Ossessionato
@ramblerdan avatar
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
Seems to me that a new, lower seat would solve your problem.
@mauibound avatar
UTC

MP3 500

@mauibound avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
lower seat for 2008 MP3 500
Where would one find a lower seat? How much$ Is senser built in? Is it a direct replacement?

Thanks all
OP
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
MP3 500
UTC quote
Honesty if you are looking for a lower seat I would either go and get someone to modify your current seat or if you buy a new seat like I did. You can sometimes make requests. I got mine from topsellerie and they do custom colours, threads, etc and I requested a lower seat.
@cummingsjc avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky), Genuine Scooter Hooligan, Genuine Scooter Buddy 50, Genuine Scooter Black Cat

Addicted
@cummingsjc avatar
Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky), Genuine Scooter Hooligan, Genuine Scooter Buddy 50, Genuine Scooter Black Cat
UTC quote
There have been multiple threads on this forum about making the MP3 lower. Try the search feature at the top of the page. Many folks have gotten custom seats done that drop the rider's seat height a bit. None of them come with the seat sensor already installed. The existing sensor strip has to be removed from the old seat and placed into the new seat (preferably during the seat manufacturing process).

The other two options would be installing a lower bracket on the rear shock mounting points that drop the shocks down an inch or two (search for "OAD lowering brackets" or to install a shorter shock on the bike. My wife's MP3 actually has a redesigned seat from Bill Mayer Saddles and a version of the OAD lowering brackets. She is 5' 3" and can flat-foot her bike.

I agree that you will probably never get your return on your investment in accessories back on your bike nor will you be able to get anywhere close to $7500 for it. Somewhere in the $4000-$5000 tops if you can find the right person but realistically lower, in my opinion.
@ramblerdan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 400

Ossessionato
@ramblerdan avatar
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
Or you could get a custom/modified seat and just bag the seat sensor. See relevant threads for details.
⚠️ Last edited by ramblerdan on UTC; edited 1 time
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
UTC quote
Don't forget Shocks !
You can drop the Ass 2" by changing the Shocks.
See this thread.

https://modernvespa.com/forum/topic138556?

Not all that hard between the Seat cut down, and the Shocks, you can drop the bike by about 3". Wear Boots, you should be anyway... that will give you more reach.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0176s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0063s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]