OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Hi,

I am looking for a Honda SH (150cc). Can this scooter be purchase in the USA? I would like to buy one if it's available.

Thanks,

thaboyp
UTC

Molto Verboso
PX200E X 2

Molto Verboso
PX200E X 2
UTC quote
not available in the US at this time, if you want to jump through some hoops you might be able to import one from the UK, don't know about registration though, might have to use plates from another scoot.
@illnoise avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@illnoise avatar
UTC quote
Write to Honda (in the US and Japan) and ask them why it's not here, it holds (in different displacements) the top three spots in MOTORCYCLE sales (not just scooters) in Italy, home of the Vespa and Ducati, so it's clearly a very popular scooter, it blows my mind that they're not selling it here. Maybe if enough people ask, they'll get on it (Maybe it's in the process of DOT/EPA approval, but I haven't heard/seen anything to that effect)

more info here:
http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php/?p=3688

and here:
http://www.motoblog.it/post/9178/mercato-andamento-che-ritorna-positivo-a-luglio

bb.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Re: Need help - Looking for a Honda SH in the US.
thatboyp wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a Honda SH (150cc). Can this scooter be purchase in the USA? I would like to buy one if it's available.

Thanks,

thaboyp
check here

http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/scooters/people150/index.html
@illnoise avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@illnoise avatar
UTC quote
That's the most amazing part, to me, The SH would destroy People sales in no time (though who knows what the price difference would be). AFAIK, there are no Japanese big-wheelers available in the US.

I'm not a big fan of big-wheelers, especially stylewise, but judging by reviews and sales, the SH is definitely one of the best bikes out there.
@jim_halligan avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 GT 200

Hooked
@jim_halligan avatar
2005 GT 200
UTC quote
Have you seen the Honda SHI,?? now there's a scoot I want. saw them in Italy this past spring, very popular there. I wish Honda would bring it here.
@toganet avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@toganet avatar
UTC quote
Those all look nice and everything, but if I wanted that style, I would go for the BV200 or 250, or one of the Kymco People series.

Then again, it is a Honda....

But then again, it's NOT a Vespa!
@jrsjr avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Nazgul

Molto Verboso
@jrsjr avatar
Nazgul
UTC quote
illnoise wrote:
That's the most amazing part, to me, The SH would destroy
Don't even get me started on the SH300i. As I said on your site bb, the SH300i is a blockbuster product waiting to happen in the USA market. And again, if anybody from Honda USA is listening, I will work for you for FREE for one year to launch the SH300i in the United States (Second year's salary to be negotiated ) Please contact me at jrsjr57@yahoo.com
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
At present, the only Japanese bike I'm aware of that is above 50cc and below 200cc is the Yamaha Vino 125. With 15hp, the Honda SH150i should be a fast little thing. I once rode a Peugeot with that fuel injected engine and came away impressed.
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Hey Thanks everyone for their input. A friend let me borrow his Honda SH in Vietnam for a month and it was very fun to ride. The power and the height of the scooter are just right for me.

It's was a crazy experiences riding a scooter in Vietnam! Hey once you got used to the chaos and the craziness of the road, it was very fun and dangerous!

thatboyp
@eenie816 avatar
UTC

Addicted
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4

Addicted
@eenie816 avatar
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4
UTC quote
honda is just stupid not to have a 150cc in their US lineup. we sell more 150s than anything. their losing out big. on second thought it would probably kill my sales commissions.
@dudel avatar
UTC

Hooked
custom mini-motorcycle

Hooked
@dudel avatar
custom mini-motorcycle
UTC quote
thatboyp wrote:
I am looking for a Honda SH (150cc).
The 2008 Suzuki SIXteen 150 tall-wheeled scooter directly targets the Honda SH 150. If we are lucky, the USA might get this model. Here is the official website:

http://www.suzuki-sixteen.com/
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
I rode the Honda SH125 in Italy (a rental). A tight little machine, not as smooth and balanced as my GT but a great way to ride through the hills. (brakes aren't nearly as good as the Vespa but I'd bet it's half the price)
@irishtim avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 Genuine Stella 150, 2008 Genuine Buddy, 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Piaggio Fly 150 3v

Ossessionato
@irishtim avatar
2005 Genuine Stella 150, 2008 Genuine Buddy, 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Piaggio Fly 150 3v
UTC quote
thatboyp wrote:
... once you got used to the chaos and the craziness ... it was very fun and dangerous!
I think I dated her BRIEFLY!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0044s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]