OP
@tweez4 avatar
UTC

Primavera 50 4t '15 "Il buono", Benelli Pepe50 '10 "Il brutto", LX 50 2t '10 "Il cattivo"

@tweez4 avatar
Primavera 50 4t '15 "Il buono", Benelli Pepe50 '10 "Il brutto", LX 50 2t '10 "Il cattivo"
UTC quote
Recently I've kitted my '15 Primavera 50cc 4t 4v with 80cc kit.

I went with Polini (part number 140.0210) 80cc kit, not as usually fellows with Malossi. Also installed/done:
- Malossi CDI
- Malossi double spounge red filter
- 75 jet. The jet itself was the part of Polini kit.
- 8.5 g rollers
- intake derestricted according to Polini kit instruction.
- varioring was already removed.
This setup was recommended to me by Vespa mechanic which is referred as best Piaggio mech in Moscow, Russia. Job was done at his workshop.

Let me give some comments on Polini kit vs Malossi, and see pictures below:
- Polini cylinder is aluminum - same as Malossi. I think that cylinders are almost same.
- the shape of the piston is very different. The weight of the piston is 62 g. (How much is Malossi? Don't know). Don't know if compression ratio is different.
- Polini provides 75 jet as part of the kit.
- Polini Kit is 8-10% cheaper than Malossi, at least on SIP.
- I've installed Polini 140.0210 kit for 50 4t 4v. It doesn't fit 4t2v. Polini has 140.0202 cast iron 80 cc kit for 4t2v, which doesnt fit 4t4v. Malossi fits both 4v and 2v.

Well, with the kit I feel that my Primavera accelerates as fast as my derestricted LX 50 2t, but much more smooth and comfortable, particulary in 0-40 km/h range.
I didnt test top speed and full throttle acceleration, cause I'm in the process of braking in yet.

P.S. Don't ask about 2t engine on the package picture. I think they just use this picture for any packages.
Also rain poncho, scooter cover and letherette grips.
Also rain poncho, scooter cover and letherette grips.
From bottom
From bottom
from top
from top
from top
from top
from side
from side
piston
piston
piston weight
piston weight
piston from bottom
piston from bottom
gaskets
gaskets
75 jet and additional air intake tubes
75 jet and additional air intake tubes
package
package
UTC

Ossessionato
scooterless

Ossessionato
scooterless
UTC quote
Nice. Informative write up.
⬆️    About 4 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

typhoon,pgo metro

typhoon,pgo metro
UTC quote
Re: Polini 140.0210 80cc kit for 50 4t 4v
TweeZ4 wrote:

I went with Polini (part number 140.0210) 80cc kit, not as usually fellows with Malossi. Also installed/done:
- Malossi CDI
- 8.5 g rollers
This setup was recommended to me by Vespa mechanic which is referred as best Piaggio mech in Moscow, Russia. Job was done at his workshop.

- Polini cylinder is aluminum - same as Malossi. I think that cylinders are almost same.
- the shape of the piston is very different. The weight of the piston is 62 g. (How much is Malossi? Don't know). Don't know if compression ratio is different.
- I've installed Polini 140.0210 kit for 50 4t 4v. It doesn't fit 4t2v. Polini has 140.0202 cast iron 80 cc kit for 4t2v, which doesnt fit 4t4v. Malossi fits both 4v and 2v.

Well, with the kit I feel that my Primavera accelerates as fast as my derestricted LX 50 2t, but much more smooth and comfortable, particulary in 0-40 km/h range.
I didnt test top speed and full throttle acceleration, cause I'm in the process of braking in yet.

P.S. Don't ask about 2t engine on the package picture. I think they just use this picture for any packages.
so!? your thought after 4 years? and did you get to compare it with malossi kit? im into the process
⬆️    About 3 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

typhoon,pgo metro

typhoon,pgo metro
UTC quote
Re: Polini 140.0210 80cc kit for 50 4t 4v
monttyphoon wrote:
TweeZ4 wrote:

- Malossi CDI
- 8.5 g rollers

so!? your thought after 4 years? and did you get to compare it with malossi kit? im into the process
Beside the weight ,wich is 69 grams vs 62 for the polini ,there is supposed to be .1 in favor of the compression ratio of the polini 1/ 11.5 vs 1/11.6.
7 grams is non negligeable,wonder if it will shake a bit more than the polini since the crankshaft is a bit more unbalanced.but general quality of malossi made me go for it.
And that pict of your craked cylinder troubled me a bit.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

typhoon,pgo metro

typhoon,pgo metro
UTC quote
Malossi instruction info
⬆️    About 6 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Does this work with 2021 Vespas also? I got 2021 sprint but with e5 engine and i wanna make similar build but cant seem to find much info on internet. What was the top speed u achieved with all that built in?
UTC

typhoon,pgo metro

typhoon,pgo metro
UTC quote
selektacee wrote:
Does this work with 2021 Vespas also? I got 2021 sprint but with e5 engine and i wanna make similar build but cant seem to find much info on internet. What was the top speed u achieved with all that built in?
Yes! My cylinder accomodate 3 v piaggios and i tink polini have a special kit for them.since yours is fuel injected,youl have to get a cdi,or youl get no more speed out of it.just accelleration.but folks seem to achieve between 50 to 59 mph.depending on the mod made....variator,weight,cam,gears,cdi,pipe.intake mod.keep your air box,the polini airbox mod worked for me and preserved your engine
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0346s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0125s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]