@mcharris avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3/250

Hooked
@mcharris avatar
Piaggio MP3/250
UTC quote
I was going to look through the members list but there were 1.2 Bazillion pages...... so are there any other Missouri owners out there?

Monty
Columbia, MO

Color: Red
Owned: one month
Where purchased: Seebold in Osage Beach
@jodeg avatar
UTC

Hooked
Silver Can-Am Spyder (Mine), Crimson Red Sunglow Harley Davidson Street Glide (His), Candy Orange Goldwing Trike (Ours)

Hooked
@jodeg avatar
Silver Can-Am Spyder (Mine), Crimson Red Sunglow Harley Davidson Street Glide (His), Candy Orange Goldwing Trike (Ours)
UTC quote
Hi - We live in Arnold, MO (south of St. Louis). I've had my black MP3 since April 6th of this year, just after my 62nd birthday. Purchased it at Moto Italia in Edwardsville, IL.

Had to have some stuffing removed from the seat and buy "taller" boots (I'm 5'4" -- 112 lbs.) so I could get my feet flat on the ground, but otherwise, it's been great! I've been a passenger (Harley Road King and Goldwing Trike) for many years, but haven't ridden my own bike for about 25 years. I LOVE the MP3!

Unfortunately, it's been so BLASTED HOT here for the last couple of weeks that we haven't been able to ride. Crying or Very sad emoticon Supposed to be 102 for the next week!

How are you enjoying your new ride?
Jo Anne
OP
@mcharris avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3/250

Hooked
@mcharris avatar
Piaggio MP3/250
UTC quote
Hi Jo Anne,

You are the only Missouri member I noticed so far in the forum. Glad you replied!.

I have been enjoying the MP3 very much. I have only a few miles to work and with the weather in MO so wet the past year (but not so much this year) I sold my chrome covered cruiser for something better suited for a short commute and less bad weather cleanup. You get tired of polishing a huge chrome beauty after a while! I have driven the MP3 to work every day since I got it but for the day I needed to bring a case of Ball quarts to work for a co-worker. It is canning time for some things!.

Yes the heat has been bad!. I call it a drive through a blast furnace when it is like this. It is warmer than I like but tomorrow I must get the MP3 to the dealer for service number one. So I have a 70 mile one way trip to look forward to. I have scheduled an early appointment in Osage Beach so I at least beat one half of the heat.

Glad to hear from you. I have enjoyed your posts.

Hope to hear from more Missourians. I have yet to encounter another MP3 on the road but I do see more and more scooters on the road every day.

Best Regards,
Monty
@jodeg avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@jodeg avatar
UTC quote
Monty:

No, I haven't seen another like one "us" on the road yet either! We did see a couple of them (besides the ones for sale) at the dealership in Edwardsville when we went for a Saturday gathering, but they were from other places in Illinois. The dealership told me they had only sold one other one in Missouri (think I got the first one in Eastern Missouri in April!) If I ever see another MP3 on the road, we'll probably BOTH turn our heads in disbelief!!

Do you get lots of questions and looks -- I sure do! And at my age, I'll bet they're looking at the scooter! LOL! I had a policeman stop me in a parking lot and ask me lots of questions. He then asked if he could take pictures of it with his cell phone to show his buddies so he could PROVE what he saw! What fun!

Enjoy your new ride and have fun getting to the dealership in our Missouri BLAST FURNACE!!

Regards,
Jo Anne Nerd emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0121s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0044s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]