OP
@brent avatar
UTC

LX 150 Dragon Red

@brent avatar
LX 150 Dragon Red
UTC quote
Does anyone else here live in Mississippi? We haven't a single Vespa dealership in the state. I've only heard rumors of another Vespa here in the state capitol of Jackson.
@suthernvespa avatar
UTC

Addicted
ET 4

Addicted
@suthernvespa avatar
ET 4
UTC quote
I was born in Mississippi. Hoping to make it back there one day. You'd think there would be at least 1 dealer in the whole state.
UTC

2005 PX 150

2005 PX 150
UTC quote
Look for a blue Stella (like a Vespa PX150) being ridden around Jackson--it was stolen from the back of my pickup truck last month. My wife and I were going to ride from Jackson to Natchez on the Natchez Trace Parkway. I'm still going to do the ride, but I'll put my scoot in the hotel room next time.

The only nearby dealers I know of are in N.O. and Birmingham. Eileen at Bogarts in B'ham (eenie on this forum) is very nice and helpful.
@eenie816 avatar
UTC

Addicted
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4

Addicted
@eenie816 avatar
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4
UTC quote
i've sold a few to people in mississippi, but unfortunately i'm not allowed to give out customer info. i think most of them we're around oxford or jackson.

what you might want to do and this is what i did when i got my first scoot 5+ years ago is start a message board like on yahoo instance. it took a little bit to meet people, but they'll find you eventually. try searching the yahoo scooter boards in surrounding states too, they're might some people in mississippi on some of the louisiana boards. both baton rouge and new orleans have a good scene.

we also ended up putting a little notice in our free weekly alternative newspaper too to spread the word. start hanging out at a coffee shop on the weekend on a regular basis too. if another joins you more will show up and they'll now when and where to find you too. there was only 3 of us in the begininning and only 2 of us had working scoots, now we're up to double digits. if you're ever in birmingham look us up:

www.birminghamscootersyndicate.com
@tbates57 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@tbates57 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Mississippi?
Hello from Oxford!
My first and only other scoot was a Cruisaire in Natchez 'bout half a century ago.
I regained a little of my youth 3 weeks ago at the Little Rock BMW/Vespa dealer with a nice uesd GT200 and am really lovin it. Vespa Memphis closed sometime before the bug bit and now the closest dealers are all about 200 miles - LR, B'ham & Nashville. Thank goodness for the tech support available here.
Cheers,
Tom
OP
@brent avatar
UTC

LX 150 Dragon Red

@brent avatar
LX 150 Dragon Red
UTC quote
henryc wrote:
Look for a blue Stella (like a Vespa PX150) being ridden around Jackson--it was stolen from the back of my pickup truck last month.
I will, Henry, and I'll put up a notice in our local coffee shop as well (with my contact information). If it's here in Jackson, it will stick out like a sore thumb. I'll let you know if I hear anything Do you have a photo I could add to the notice?
OP
@brent avatar
UTC

LX 150 Dragon Red

@brent avatar
LX 150 Dragon Red
UTC quote
eenie816 wrote:
we also ended up putting a little notice in our free weekly alternative newspaper too to spread the word.
Thanks, Eenie, those are all good suggestions. I was pulled over by a Wackenhut security guard the other day (siren and horn) who just wanted to introduce himself and tell me about his own scooter (a Bajaj, I think). So probably other scooterists are around but just don't know how to get together. I'll use your suggestions and see if we can't get a good club going here in Jackson.
@oldswimcoach avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GT 200, Harley Electra Glide Ultra

Molto Verboso
@oldswimcoach avatar
Vespa GT 200, Harley Electra Glide Ultra
UTC quote
I used to live in Petal, MS, does that count?
@irishtim avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 Genuine Stella 150, 2008 Genuine Buddy, 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Piaggio Fly 150 3v

Ossessionato
@irishtim avatar
2005 Genuine Stella 150, 2008 Genuine Buddy, 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Piaggio Fly 150 3v
UTC quote
My son lives in (aptly-named) Starkville. It' s out in the middle of nowhere but the people are nice! (Oh yeah MSU's there too! )
@tbates57 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@tbates57 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Well, there's at least one other Vespa in Oxofrd, MS (Pop. c.a. 11,000 plus about the same number of Univerdsity students). I almost fell off in shock when we passed each other this afternoon. I've seen only one other scoot around town - non-Vespa - but not close enough to ID.
Its good to be less alone - even if unknown!
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GT 200

Hooked
Vespa GT 200
UTC quote
Hi,

I live on the Mississippi (River that is), does that count? Oh, and I have been to Biloxi, had a great time...

Happy Motoring!... Jim
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
I'd go riding with you but i live in hawaii Not to many scooters out here in the country town i live in. Lots in honolulu.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Re: Mississippi?
Brent wrote:
Does anyone else here live in Mississippi? We haven't a single Vespa dealership in the state. I've only heard rumors of another Vespa here in the state capitol of Jackson.
Don't fuss too much. We may have Vespa dealerships, but you guys have real BBQ. I

C
⬆️    About 11 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 200GT

Lurker
Vespa 200GT
UTC quote
Live in Madison, Ms. I have a 200gt.
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
UTC quote
Dragon Red LX150
Brent,

You have my favorite color for your scooter. Someone must sell scooters
locally (Not Vespa). I would put up a notice at these shops. I am sure
you can develop a riding group made up of all brands. You do have great weather and great food in Mississippi.

Bob Copeland
Frost Bite Falls Minnesota
Love that Dragon Red
Love that Dragon Red
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
...when I'm tricked into reading an 11 year old thread....🙄

Spent two very formative summers and logged tens of thousands of miles on the backroads of Mississippi, centered about an hour north of Jackson just off of the Natchez Trace.... ...but that was nearly 40 years ago....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0164s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0068s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]