@twharton avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX150 Red, Sito+, UNI/ Buddy 125 'Piped and Pimped'

Hooked
@twharton avatar
UTC quote
OK I expect to get flamed big time...but hope I don't. For you owners out there, which is better. Other than the price difference, 2 hp, and the weight what is your opinion?

Let me have it.

Thanks in advance...Tom
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
Stella. It's more powerful, comes in more colors, and is made of thicker metal. The PX shifts a little more smoothly, but I haven't noticed significantly much else to be different.
UTC

2005 PX 150

2005 PX 150
UTC quote
Recent discussion here:

What do you guys think about Stellas?
OP
@twharton avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@twharton avatar
UTC quote
Thanks for the most excellent link henryc!
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
i got the stella cause I knew I couldnt leave well enough alone...I will have a vesap p200E someday and it will be stock...except for maybe a pipe...and a bigger carb...and a kit...oh dammit, there I go again.

seriously, I got the stella cause I knew I wanted reed valves and something I would not worry about hacking up...it would feel sacreligious on a vespa to use a torch and angle grinder. or to replace rails with grip tape, or to rattle can it, etc.
@stevewall avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
'05 PX200, '69 Rally180, '09 Triumph Scrambler

Enthusiast
@stevewall avatar
'05 PX200, '69 Rally180, '09 Triumph Scrambler
UTC quote
Hi Tom,
I have a Belladonna which is the NZ version of the Stella (same bike different name) I have had it for around 2 1/2 years and done nearly 28 thousand KM.
It goes just great and I have had absolutly no issues with it.
I have recently added a larger carb (24/24g) and a better pipe (simmonini) and that has added a heap to accelleration and a bit to the top end.

I looked at the PX200 when buying and couldn't justify the cost difference, and after a couple of years i'm happy with my choice. Of course I do lust after a GTS250 but that is a differnt kettle of fish all together

Just my 2 cents worth .

happy scooting whichever you choose.
Steve
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
⚠️ Last edited by Alan A on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Hooked
PX150

Hooked
PX150
UTC quote
In the last three years and 10,000 miles, my PX150 has been rock reliable. I very briefly looked at a stella, but the Vespa is very notacably better finished and operates smoothly. My other half liking my scooter, also looked at a Stella, and now she rides a PX as well.

On top of quality issues, LML has an uncertain future in distributing in this country. Not good for future need of service or parts/support. Yes a Vespa is more expencive. But consider this; you get what you pay for, and one is a asian knockoff, and the other is an original. Kind of like asking whats the better bike, a Ural or a BMW R60?
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
jackknife wrote:
But consider this; you get what you pay for, and one is a asian knockoff, and the other is an original. Kind of like asking whats the better bike, a Ural or a BMW R60?
I think that's a pretty apt comparison ... the Stella is what it is. Some people have them, have NEVER had any trouble with bearings and electrics, and swear by them. I've heard other people's cranks have exploded on their first trip down the road.

If you work on a lot of them, you see a lot of these repetitive problems. Jim @ Scootersource in dayton told me this past weekend that it seems that around 2400 miles the bearings start giving him trouble - that most of the bikes he has come in on repairs are right around that number.

That doesnt mean YOURS will, necessarily ... but there's certainly lower quality control on parts and assembly.

Not to scare you.. i'd advise someone to get a stella over an auto scooter any day of the week. At least you're exposed to the same sort of maintenance, and need to know the same basic roadside repair processes .... things that will transition well when you get your first lambretta or something

-Eric
@monza avatar
UTC

Addicted
63 VNB

Addicted
@monza avatar
63 VNB
UTC quote
Alan A wrote:
LML/Stella:
Cheap quality chrome and paint
Thicker/heavier frame due to poor quality steel being used
TOTALLY SHITE bearings
Rather crappy electronics, esp re ignition pickup
So by deduction, if the LML/Stella is crap, then is the LML/PX150 crap too? They are both made by LML in the same plant...
Quote:
But consider this; you get what you pay for, and one is a asian knockoff, and the other is an original.
The Stella is faster, cheaper, and from what I have observed just as reliable as a PX150...and the Vespa isnt made by Piaggio, so whats so "original"?

With the Stella you get reed induction BTW...

note- I dont own a Stella. I am just posting what I have observed
OP
@twharton avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@twharton avatar
UTC quote
Okay I bought one just about 5 minutes ago.

I have been looking HARD at the white 05' Stella @ Metro Scooter in Cincinnati for about three weeks.

Price $3195 + Tax

Then just late yesterday (around 11pm last night actually) found a web advertised price (thanks to a tip from the forum) for an OTD price from Vespa Raleigh for a 'new' 05' PX 150, red for $3395!

So I called both this morning to verify and.....the white Stella from Metro was sold leaving only a Pink one and...since I live out of state from N.C. they deduct that states sales tax and I am a proud owner of a Vespa PX 150
OTD Sales Price = $3295.55
UTC

Addicted
GTV250 GTS 300!! MP3 500, Lambretta TV200 S3 77 07 Aprilia Tuono 1000R 64 Vespa Vbb150

Addicted
GTV250 GTS 300!! MP3 500, Lambretta TV200 S3 77 07 Aprilia Tuono 1000R 64 Vespa Vbb150
UTC quote
keeping it real
Good choice congrats on the new PX150 Vespa.

Piaggios Vespa PX150 is made in Italy BTW. they still make the PX200 for the Ausie market, but I have heard they are stopping production soon.

Stella is a nice knock off, but not a Vespa!

Jon
@monza avatar
UTC

Addicted
63 VNB

Addicted
@monza avatar
63 VNB
UTC quote
Re: keeping it real
scooterjon wrote:
Piaggios Vespa PX150 is made in Italy BTW.
Not all PXs are (most arn't), and of the ones that are assembled in Italy, they are made of LML components...I honestly dont know if the ones destined for the U.S. are assembled in Italy or India, but what does it matter? Vespa didnt make the parts...
Quote:
Stella is a nice knock off, but not a Vespa!
Just remember that LML was partly (25%) owned by Piaggio until not too long ago, and they are the only ones that still own the original Piaggio "p" molds. Bajaj has ones licensed from, but not made by Piaggio.
@bluemark avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Genuine Blur (RIP)

Enthusiast
@bluemark avatar
Genuine Blur (RIP)
UTC quote
Might want to check out this page: http://www.px150.com/ published by the guys at provoscooter.
Quote:
The Stella and the PX150 are in fact very similar.

This is neither an accident nor is it a case of imitation. LML (the company that builds the Stella) built the PX in large quantities in cooperation with Piaggio for several years. These PX's were badged "Vespa" and sold in many countries. This was not a case of licensing technology to LML, as was done with Bajaj in the 60's, but rather LML Vespa was a joint venture in which Piaggio owned 26% of the LML company. This is a significant percentage when you consider that 48% of the company was publicly traded stock.

LML not only built the PX, but they also made many of the components used by Piaggio in Italy to assemble other models. This includes the engines. Even the 200cc motors were made in India, with the exception of the cylinders. In fact, the current PX150 uses many india-made parts. But there is nothing wrong with being made in India. For years, whether they know it or not, vintage enthusiasts have been keeping their old Vespas on the road courtesy of India. Last year I paid a small fortune for a performance ignition system for the PX (I intended to install it on a Stella). I ordered it from Germany. I was surprised to find that inside the box I found an LML CDI unit--the same as is standard on the Stella.
And don't miss their side by side comparison

Frankly I can't see any reason to pick the PX150 over the Stella.

-Mark
UTC

Vespa PX150

Vespa PX150
UTC quote
Vespa PX150 vs. Stella
I apologize for the long post - but this needed to be said.

I have owned 2 Stella's in the past three years and would like to offer my opinion. I rode the first bike (an '04) for 3,000 miles before I was hit by an old lady in a pink Geo...ouch!
The second bike currently has about 1,800 miles on it. Frankly, I have been very disappointed with both bikes. The first bike had problems from day one. As a novice, I did not know that the bike was idling much higher than it was supposed to...the idle kept rising over a several week period before I realized there was a problem. It ended up being a throttle cable issue. Unfortunately, I unknowingly warped the rear brake drum in trying to slow the bike down. The idle became so high that it really accelerated the bike in every gear without touching the throttle.
I also had problems with the manual choke - it pulled out a lot further than it was supposed to and the bike was always hard to start.
In addition, I thought the bike was poor quality. The paint quality was so bad that it would flake off practically by itself. In one summer the paint was hosed. Overall fit and finish and attention to detail was lacking.

The second Stella was even worse. After I took delivery, I noticed that the back of the bike had been damaged. There was a BIG gouge in the metal body below the license plate and someone threw touch up paint over it (that didn't even match) to hide it. That area is now rusting.
At 1,200 miles the bike started leaking oil. The dealer told me that was "normal". I called several times about this problem and again, they said it was normal. When it started leaking a half cup of oil per day, I brought it back to the dealer for repair. (under warranty). I rode the bike for a day and it started puking oil again. I called the dealer right away and let them know it was still leaking. By the time I was able to get it back, the warranty had expired and they refused to fix it under warranty, even though it was not fixed correctly from the first in warranty repair. They had to rebuild the engine and install all new gaskets. I angerily paid for the repair. Also, from day one there has been an intermittent skake / shimmy in the bike. It appears to be coming from the engine at about mid throttle in each gear. It is very noticable. The dealer keeps telling me that nothing is wrong, even though it is extremely noticable...and the first bike did not do this.
The paint quality, fit, and finish of this second bike is also poor.
I've also read a lot of posts in news groups about Stella's blowing cranks around 5 or 6 thousand miles.
I (truly) don't like being negative towards the Stella, but it is what it is.
I just got rid of the bike and am taking delivery of a brand new Vespa PX150 tomorrow. I have not driven one, but I can tell you that upon close inspection, the Vespa has MUCH higher quality construction. The paint is much better quality and fit / finish is noticably better.
My 2 cents is that after Piaggio pulled out of the LML deal, LML started cutting corners, reducing costs with some cheaper parts, and did not hold to the standards originally set by Piaggio. I cannot imagine Vespa badged bikes going out of the LML factory with such low standards.
I would really like to hear everyones opinion on this.
You get what you pay for and an imitation Vespa is just that.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
BlueMark wrote:
Might want to check out this page: http://www.px150.com/ published by the guys at provoscooter.

I mean it does just give the facts (with a few quiet jabs here and there), but long before I had even decided on a manual scooter, I found that site somewhat suspect.
@spock avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2002 ET4 & 1980 100 Sport

Ossessionato
@spock avatar
2002 ET4 & 1980 100 Sport
UTC quote
Hmmm, my room mate blew up his LML engine after only a few months. He was too cheap to pay the extra $50 to replace the top end with a polini, so he got another LML instead. I'm waiting for that thing to blow up too. My other friend Steve bought Curt Fargo's blue Stella. That thing has a polini top end and so far, so good.
@goofy_foot avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300 and some motorcycles

Hooked
@goofy_foot avatar
UTC quote
As of this month, I've owned a Stella for 4 years. Yes, I will admit she has her faults. I too blew up my stock crank after two years and had to replace my entire top end. But now, with a performance aftermarket crank, larger piston, a larger carburator, and a performance exhaust, I would say my bike is more reliable than a stock PX150 and it's certainly a hell of a lot faster. I can cruise with cars on the freeway with an indicated speed of 70 to 75 now (i.e.: 63 to 69) instead of limping along at 55 (50).

If you want a bike to tune and to heavily modify, the Stella is a great platform because of the reed valve induction. If you just want a reliable bike though, why not just buy a modern manual shift? You can easily find an ET4 or a Kymco in good condition for the same price.

I would say that yes, the Vespa is worth the extra cash for the better assembly and finish. However, for many of us, buying a new PX 150 wasn't even an option four years ago.

If I had to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't make it a choice between a new PX 150 and a new Stella. I would go for a third option: rebuild the engine on a P200 from 1979 or 1980. With a rebuilt engine (and an aftermarket front disc brake and a hallogen light), I would wager I would have the same reliability and safety as either a new Stella or a new PX. Not only that but the price would be about the same or possibly even a little less. ($2000 for a P200 with a decent frame and a tired engine + $1000 to $1500 for parts and labor and you are still in the same ballpark.)

Do I regret buying a Stella? I did have some regrets when my first engine blew up. But in the 2 years since the rebuild, I have had a fun, reliable bike and now it's a whole lot more fun to ride. Would I trade it for an older P200? I don't know. I've put a lot into the bike to get it this way and I really do like it now. But it would be fun to start over with a fresh canvas and a larger stock engine.
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint
Haud yer wheesh't if ye cannae be nice

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
You are all very PC
Buy the PX, It's all been said before. Vespa= Quailty. They have only been making them since 1946. Stella with Thicker Metal ( Think about that one, WHY?) There's no real debate here. And there's no REAL comparison to be made either. I'm getting to be to old to debate, i have found that people who ride stella's are just as passionate as we Vespa riders.

Save the debates for chat and beer at the rallies
NOW! Go Getta A VESPA

P.S. The www.px150.com site is funny
@monza avatar
UTC

Addicted
63 VNB

Addicted
@monza avatar
63 VNB
UTC quote
jimh wrote:
Vespa= Quailty.
they certainly carry more panache and mystique, but honstly they arnt any better "quality" than any other major brand scooter...my BV200 had way more problems (5 problems) in the first year than my Chetak (two problems). My Italian made Malaguti has been better than either. Others will have slightly varying luck. Stick with the major brands and you get a pretty quality product in general...
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
I agree with you on the last part, but this is not about "other brands"

A PX is the safer bet, Parts, History bla bla....
If i had a million dollars i wouldn't buy a $10 Rolex

I'm not here to slag off scooters and i want to offer my opinion as i have been riding Vespa and Lambretta's for 24 years. And i have many friends who have bought a Stella before vespa came back to the US. If they are reading this they will pipe in.
Cheers.
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
Re: EGG ON MY FACE!
Tom_B wrote:
Wow. I just picked up my brand new Vespa PX150 and I am having major problems with it...and it only has 2 miles on the odometer.

- The engine will not idle...bike stalls

- Manual shift lever requires two hands to move. It seems jammed or bound

- Front wheel bent/ out of round

Just to help you out a little and get you back on the road - your IDLE problem is EASILY fixable - the little screw on that pokes out of the top of your carb box - just screw it INWARD until it idles properly.

And you shift lever is easy too - that's likely a function of your clutch cable being too LOOSE. Get down under the engine with an 8mm flat wrench, locate the cable adjuster ( not the pinch bolt - the fine tuner ) and screw it OUT ...meaning towards the front of the scooter.

You know if your clutch cable is too LOOSE if you pull in the clutch lever, pull it into gear, and it wants to creep forward when you rev the engine ( or it stalls out entirely or clunks or lurches forwarwd means its WAY too loose )

You know if it's too TIGHT when you can't even kickstart the engine - the lever just sorta feels like it "slips" ...and the top end isn't rotating with the same force as you feel you're applying on the kickstart lever.

-Eric
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
[quote="Tom_B"]Wow. I just picked up my brand new Vespa PX150 and I am having major problems with it...and it only has 2 miles on the odometer.

- The engine will not idle...bike stalls

- Manual shift lever requires two hands to move. It seems jammed or bound

- Front wheel bent/ out of round

--------------------------------
Tom PM me if you like, it also sounds as though your GEAR cables might be to tight. I can talk over it with you via phone. I'm a two finger typer
X2 on Eric's comments
Cheers.
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
Can you get a picture of the headset near the clutch lever so we can see what you're talking about?

And yes, i have canyon dancers, and i no longer use them because they put incredible strain on the headset and shifter tubes of a bike ( vintage or vintage heritage ones, anyways )

-Eric
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
Tom call ASAP Email and i will call you. or you me.
Cheers
UTC

Vespa PX150

Vespa PX150
UTC quote
Jimh check your PM
Jim,
Check your PM for my contact info.

thanks!

~Tom
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
Jimh, I can PM you if you still think it's an adjustment issue.
~Tom[/quote]

Might be, just pm me mate.
cheers
@wrcz avatar
UTC

Hooked
'04 Stella

Hooked
@wrcz avatar
'04 Stella
UTC quote
jimh wrote:
Stella with Thicker Metal ( Think about that one, WHY?)
The fact is that my '77 P had the exact same curb weight that my Stella has today. So in that regard, the Stella doesn't have thicker metal, the PX has thinner metal than it used to have. So indeed... WHY?

I loved my old P, but I have no delusions of it being a perfectly-built beast. It had lots of quirks, which is why I found it lovable. Same with my Stella.
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
Thanks, Yes indeed why?.

Mate, theres a lot of worms from cans that might have been best left unopened.

Again, opinions are like arseholes, For some reason we all need them.

Ride what you bought and be safe.
Cheers
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
jackknife wrote:
After having my PX for almost 10,000 miles now, I'll never go back to a twist and go.
Priceless quote for those who are versed.

Mate, Pm me if you need keys for your PX, There free, on me

Let's not start another debate eh!
Cheers
Shhh emoticon Razz emoticon
@goofy_foot avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goofy_foot avatar
UTC quote
Sounds like you need to grab a camera now and start documenting stuff. Don't do anything else to the bike but take it to another dealer and demand that you be included in the inspection. Take pictures of everything.

In a court of law, your findings won't mean much. You need a third party to find and document everything. And yes, this may well end up in small claims court. (sigh)

Vespa doesn't necessarily owe you a new bike but they owe it to you to fix everything they buggered up. If you offer to allow them to swap the engine and the headset assembly (the parts they damaged) they may realize it would be cheaper to give you a new bike. But they have to reach that conclusion on thier own.

Good luck and keep us posted.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
goofy_foot wrote:
S
Vespa doesn't necessarily owe you a new bike but they owe it to you to fix everything they buggered up. If you offer to allow them to swap the engine and the headset assembly (the parts they damaged) they may realize it would be cheaper to give you a new bike. But they have to reach that conclusion on thier own.

Agreed. Is there another dealer close? Hopefully, they will treat you right.
@glitterballhedgehog avatar
UTC

Hooked
05 vespa px150 serie america

Hooked
@glitterballhedgehog avatar
05 vespa px150 serie america
UTC quote
The new dealer you pick to work on the scoot may be very leery of being drawn into court. Tread lightly or you may not get much help. The tranny on these scoots seem robust, and is probably OK. Fill w oil, ride the scoot and immediately drain. Catch the oil w/ a coffee filter into a clear jar and look for metal bits. Do this a couple of times. Then assess.
If they bent the handlebar housing, by a tie-down this will have to be replaced. It is a big cast piece w/ a lot going on inside.
The wheel rim should be replaced.

"It is always SOMETHING", just be patient and cooperative and things will be fixed.
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
jimh wrote:

As Monza said, where do you think those parts are coming from? LML makes the majority of them in India. As for quality, Monza and I have a friend with a Stella that has over 15,000 miles on the thing while still using the original bearings and crank. The first major thing I think he's needed to do is to change the clutch, but after that kind of mileage you would likely need to change it on a PX. Plus he's a jackass who likes doing wheelies.

You stated above that "Vespa = Quality", yet when someone offers a contradiction to this, you say it's not about other brands. I mean, come on. This thread is all about other brands.
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
Bryce-O-Rama wrote:
jimh wrote:

As Monza said, where do you think those parts are coming from? LML makes the majority of them in India. As for quality, Monza and I have a friend with a Stella that has over 15,000 miles on the thing while still using the original bearings and crank. The first major thing I think he's needed to do is to change the clutch, but after that kind of mileage you would likely need to change it on a PX. Plus he's a jackass who likes doing wheelies.

You stated above that "Vespa = Quality", yet when someone offers a contradiction to this, you say it's not about other brands. I mean, come on. This thread is all about other brands.
ALMOST 50,000 km on my P no problems! Just usual maint.

Stop comparing Stella to Vespa, It's so laughable my nuts are hurting.
If some arsehole can't prep a scooter right before it's goes out the door
maybe they should stick to selling Yugo's

Do the flies bother you when your shifting through Shite? Eh??
Ride what ye bought.

What LML parts are on a vespa? Which Vespa? I did not see any at the factory.
Photo's to follow maybe? Which models do you speak of.....

Where are(OOps) Where Stellas made again?
@eenie816 avatar
UTC

Addicted
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4

Addicted
@eenie816 avatar
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4
UTC quote
i have/had two stellas and i work at a vespa dealer and sold pxs. there's pros/cons to both.

i've had/have nothing mechanically wrong with my stellas, but the electricals are cruddy. all my electrical problems i've been able to figure out and fix myself and i know nothing about electrical systems. the px is definitely better quality wise, but our techs and myself think that the stella engine is much better as far as performance goes.

if you don't mind paying extra than get a the px, but the stella is not bad for the money. just be prepared to work on them, any of them. general maintenance is easy peasy and always carry spare plugs, oil, cables, tire tubes and some tools with you. i got most of my tools i carry for cheap at big lots.
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
I was going to delete my previous post because the last thing i want to happen here is a needless slagging match.

It's just not me. Can't we just respect other peoples opinions and support our community. There has been alot of heat on this forum in the last few days that i have to refrain from comment most of the time.

So, my humble apologies to where it belongs most.
Happy Scootering.
Cheers
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
UTC quote
eenie816 wrote:
i have/had two stellas and i work at a vespa dealer and sold pxs. there's pros/cons to both.

i've had/have nothing mechanically wrong with my stellas, but the electricals are cruddy. all my electrical problems i've been able to figure out and fix myself and i know nothing about electrical systems. the px is definitely better quality wise, but our techs and myself think that the stella engine is much better as far as performance goes.

if you don't mind paying extra than get a the px, but the stella is not bad for the money. just be prepared to work on them, any of them. general maintenance is easy peasy and always carry spare plugs, oil, cables, tire tubes and some tools with you. i got most of my tools i carry for cheap at big lots.
Just read this X2
Cheers
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
jimh wrote:
If some arsehole can't prep a scooter right before it's goes out the door maybe they should stick to selling Yugo's
I completely agree with that statement. Sadly, it applies to Vespa dealers here in the US too. I anticipate that happening more and more as Vespa adds dealers left and right who know nothing about the product. Bad dealers are not tied to any particular brand.
jimh wrote:
What LML parts are on a vespa? Which Vespa? I did not see any at the factory.
Photo's to follow maybe? Which models do you speak of.....
I've seen the photos of the Vespa factory, but photos don't tell you which parts were made there. I work for a company with several manufacturing facilities. If I go to one of our factories, I couldn't tell you by looking alone which parts came from which suppliers, or which ones we make at any of the other factories. In short, I'm unimpressed by your assertion that your tour at Pontederra qualifies you to state unequivocally where each part came from.

Further, I'm not talking about the automatics. I'm talking about the PX. The PX that uses the same sheet metal stamping tools as the Stella. The PX that is more than 95% interchangeable with the Stella because Piaggio actually sold LML built bikes under the Vespa name for years.
jimh wrote:
Where are(OOps) Where Stellas made again?
India. Where Piaggio outsourced a number of P series parts. Then again, that doesn't bother me. I'm not some kind of Italy only snob who thinks the Italians can do no wrong. I've owned too many Italian cars to swallow that tripe.
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
Bryce-O-Rama wrote:
I'm not some kind of Italy only snob who thinks the Italians can do no wrong. I've owned too many Italian cars to swallow that tripe.
And I have had too many Italian relatives to swallow that tripe.

Italian trivia:

Question;

Why do Italians always have baskets of fruit and hard breads on the Sunday dinner table?

Answer;

Ammunition.

DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0394s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0184s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]