@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
In my case, it looks like either Vespa's own Euro-spec tinted Flyscreen or Faco's small tinted windscreen will do the trick for me. Thanks to my FF helmet (HJC CL-17), I'm fine above the neckline even at relatively high speeds, but wouldn't mind a bit of relief on my chest. I'll take the anticipated small performance boost as a bonus.
@rosscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
2014 GTV 300ie

Addicted
@rosscooter avatar
2014 GTV 300ie
UTC quote
I have the medium sized Cupini screen. It blocks the wind from my chest, but I still have excessive wind noise. I just bought a small adjustable windscreen/foil that attaches to the top. Have only ridden with it once, so I haven't had time to futz around with it, but so far, the results are promising.

I also have a tall screen but want the option to get a little more air and the taller screen will not fit under my CycleShell. I just flip the adjustable screen down and, voila!

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/8325543176.html?orderId=79758991868199&productId=32755900079

This is the one I bought, but it is not branded as in the photo...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@lobo104 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@lobo104 avatar
2019 Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Rosscooter,
Where did you get that to attach to your wind screen and what's the name of it.
@rosscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
2014 GTV 300ie

Addicted
@rosscooter avatar
2014 GTV 300ie
UTC quote
I bought it from Aliexpress.com (Alibaba) for $29 USD. The tag on the photo is:

"Motorcycle-Airflow-Adjustable-Windshield-Bolt-On-Variable-Spoiler-Windscreen-For-BMW-F800R-ST-F700-F650-C600"

So I am guessing if you typed that in the search bar, it would come up. There are a couple of companies selling the exact same item for different prices.

I noticed the GIVI on one of the photos and am thinking that they manufacture them for GIVI. The one I received (within two weeks-free shipping) does not have the logo on it and the little tensioning lever is slightly different. Otherwise it is exactly the same. It is also available in "smoked."

I figured that even if I just got the hinge for $29 and made my own lexan screen, it would be worth it.
@lobo104 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@lobo104 avatar
2019 Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Thanks 😀😀
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Definitely with Miguel on this one. Don't get the big one. They are flimsy and they whistle.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@xine avatar
UTC

LX150

@xine avatar
LX150
UTC quote
Noise increase with windshield -- suggestions?
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this thread. Helped me make the final decision to add a windshield. I got a mid-sized Falco for my LX150. It has been great for keeping me warmer, I don't feel the same windpressure on my helmet when I'm at higher speed, and it even offers some protection to my hands, all great.

However, whenever I am over maybe 30 mph, I get pretty loud wind noise (odd since I feel a heck of a lot less wind). Any suggestions on how to mitigate that?
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
Definitely with Miguel on this one. Don't get the big one. They are flimsy and they whistle.
Max, if you are referring to the Tall Vespa screen, I haven't found it to be flimsy nor do I have any whistle. I'd imagine the whistle is coming from air turbulence sound your helmet rather than the windscreen.
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
Re: Noise increase with windshield -- suggestions?
Xine wrote:
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this thread. Helped me make the final decision to add a windshield. I got a mid-sized Falco for my LX150. It has been great for keeping me warmer, I don't feel the same windpressure on my helmet when I'm at higher speed, and it even offers some protection to my hands, all great.

However, whenever I am over maybe 30 mph, I get pretty loud wind noise (odd since I feel a heck of a lot less wind). Any suggestions on how to mitigate that?
I don't believe there's any effective way to retrofit the windscreen to reduce the noise. The noise you are hearing is the wind blowing past your helmet, not the windscreen. A taller windscreen pushes the air above you helmet so there relatively little air blowing past your helmet.

I have a tall Piaggio windscreen cutdown just below my eyes. Its really quiet up to about 60 mph. After that, the turbulence around my helmet starts increasing and so does the noise. At that point, I close all the vents on the helmet and pull down the visor. Its reasonably tolerable without earplugs but quite quiet with them.

Here's a post I did on cutting down Vespa's tall windscreen from 7 years ago. It's pretty simple. There's also a lot of good notes and comments from others about how to cutdown a windscreen and the right height to customize it to your height while sitting in the saddle on your bike.

To reduce the wind noise, you might consider selling the Faco and restarting with a Piaggio tall screen. Otherwise, I don't think you'll be able to mitigate it.

Hope that helps.

Best
Miguel
@cheshire avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS (sold)

Molto Verboso
@cheshire avatar
GTS (sold)
UTC quote
I recently discovered that the height of my midsize windshield creates a wind buffer at the top of my helmet. The downside I knew about: it's louder. The upside was unexpected: at 40mph and up, it creates a slight curtain of air that pushes rain down my visor better than any wiper.

Oh, and my lower back couldn't be happier with having a screen again.
@kdude avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV 400 (21) , BV 350 (16) SOLD :( , Sprint 150 2015(SOLD), Liberty S150 2018

Ossessionato
@kdude avatar
BV 400 (21) , BV 350 (16) SOLD :( , Sprint 150 2015(SOLD), Liberty S150 2018
UTC quote
I coudn't live without one unless the weather was absolutely perfect and at zero speed. It windscreen protects me from bugs, small rocks , wind and noise. The only downside the screen can act like a sail at times. Too me its a great accessory.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0202s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0113s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]