@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
So my LX has a significant wobble when i take my one hand off the handlebars. Yesterday i did a quick store run and loaded up my bag. I always use this bag and it's put in the same place every time. Whatever the weight was it took away the wobble. So can anybody figure out why the wobble went away? Thanks DUH here's the pic.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by judy on UTC; edited 1 time
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC

Addicted
250 gts, nitroed zip 69cc " the teenager", 200 now 300 lc zip "all grown up"

Addicted
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC quote
Re: LX wobble
judy wrote:
So my LX has a significant wobble when i take my one hand off the handlebars. Yesterday i did a quick store run and loaded up my bag. I always use this bag and it's put in the same place every time. Whatever the weight was it took away the wobble. So can anybody figure out why the wobble went away? Thanks
hi Judy,
your ride hight changed so first job check your shock absorbers and then your tire pressures.
Cheers Andy x.
@theknights20 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa s 125 ie 4t

Addicted
@theknights20 avatar
Vespa s 125 ie 4t
UTC quote
I don't have the answer, but a wobble on the small frames doesn't sound good. Obviously not the gts's problem. Is there a chance your steering bearings could be going again? I know they're fairly new, but possible. I know you take good care of your tyres, so probably not an issue there.

I guess the lowered centered of gravity would certainly dampen the wobble/eliminate the wobble.

I can ride my s in a straight line with no hands on the steering with no wobble felt. I do know the hard way that the chassis is quite prone to tank slappers mind, but only going round fast bends, kinda like the Harley wobble.

What ever it is I hope you find out what's going on
@dasscooter avatar
UTC

Hooked
'63 VNB, '66 Bluebadge, '88 Elite 250, '17 Grom, '08 Burgman 400

Hooked
@dasscooter avatar
'63 VNB, '66 Bluebadge, '88 Elite 250, '17 Grom, '08 Burgman 400
UTC quote
Add some massive bar end weights and enjoy!
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
ANDY i have played around with my tire pressures and while certain pressures are better, nothing takes it away. You said shocks and i've been wondering if my front shock is going. The roads suck and i've hit a couple of pot holes that may have done it in. The last one broke my headset tabs. Wha? emoticon What The? emoticon Livid emoticon So i wonder how the front shock is holding up.I'm guessing the front shock is at least 6yrs old. It's a Malossi. So how long do the shocks last. Rear one was done 2yrs ago (Malossi) and i had a Bitubo on it before that. The rear Malossi ones were almost $500 so i went for a Bitubo. The front Malossi was cheap so i put a Malossi on the front when i swapped out the stock shocks 6yrs ago. Malossi on the front and a Bitubo on the rear. In 2014 they finally came down in price so i put a Malossi on the rear. Front one is 6yrs old and rear is 2yrs old.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Did you try to use different booty positions? In plain English did you move your ass around a littlle bit with different results?
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC quote
Hi Judy,
Look at your front shock for any oil trace, even the slightest amount means the shock seals have gone and now dead. Then stiffen up the spring load and adjust the rebound right up, this will test if the spring has started to compress and lose its strength.
Cheers Andy.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
MAX i did. Laughing emoticon ANDY i will. I've wondered if the front shock was the reason for the wobble. It just starting doing it recently (the past year or so). Thanks you guys.
⬆️    About 7 months elapsed    ⬇️
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Fixed
So i took the LX in for a few things to be done yesterday. My wobble was getting worse. I had new front pad pads and rotor put on, oil change and a Heidenau K 62 on the rear. The one that was on was really worn. Funny how you don't notice it but when the new one was put on i'm like "wow it really was bad". It's gone (still have a slight wobble when i get past 55 but it's been that was since i bought it) but could it have been a warped front rotor? Front has a new tire and shock on it as well. I'm also wondering if the rear tire was contributing to the wobble since it was so bad.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: Fixed
I am just curious after all the stress, did you loose some weight? Less weight less wabble.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
MAX i wish. Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon Front shock is new,front tire is new (tires are the same make and brand and the shock is too),new brake pads. The only thing that's different is the disc/rotor change. Same tire pressures also.I've done every combo with the PSI on the tires as well. Can't figure out why but it's gone. Still my same fat ass on there. Laughing emoticon
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
judy wrote:
MAX i wish. Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon Front shock is new,front tire is new (tires are the same make and brand and the shock is too),new brake pads. The only thing that's different is the disc/rotor change. Same tire pressures also.I've done every combo with the PSI on the tires as well. Can't figure out why but it's gone. Still my same fat ass on there. Laughing emoticon
As it's being said in another thread of yours. The rotor must have being out of round. Whatever that means...
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Anyway I am glad you got it fixed. The wobble is dangerous, elusive sometimes, but still deadly.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
MAX i'm so not a mechanic. Glad there's somebody else like me out there. Laughing emoticon
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
judy wrote:
MAX i'm so not a mechanic. Glad there's somebody else like me out there. Laughing emoticon
Cross posting.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0144s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0039s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]