OP
@calcobrena avatar
UTC

2016 GTS 300 Super

@calcobrena avatar
2016 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
So... I wanted to attempt to change the back tire by myself. Will there be any issues because of the ABS? Does anyone know a good video of someone changing one with ABS?

Manual has some warning about doing anything with the tires because of the ABS...

Thanks.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@piekilla avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2021 gts 300 supertech

Enthusiast
@piekilla avatar
2021 gts 300 supertech
UTC quote
did you change the tire, if so did you run into any problems? Looking to change tire valve stem and requires removing tires.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
piekilla wrote:
did you change the tire, if so did you run into any problems? Looking to change tire valve stem and requires removing tires.
why are you changing the valve stem?
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
UTC quote
My understanding is you have to re-calibrate.
@piekilla avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2021 gts 300 supertech

Enthusiast
@piekilla avatar
2021 gts 300 supertech
UTC quote
It has the rubber stems I want to use metal stems
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
UTC quote
Why, so they can get corroded? Don't bother.
@piekilla avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2021 gts 300 supertech

Enthusiast
@piekilla avatar
2021 gts 300 supertech
UTC quote
Lebo wrote:
Rubber also degrades with time, but i want metal so i can have a tpms. And yes I'm lazy so i wont check my tires every ride if i have to do so manually. so this way i only have to do manually maybe once a month just to make sure tpms is correct.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
piekilla wrote:
Lebo wrote:
Rubber also degrades with time, but i want metal so i can have a tpms. And yes I'm lazy so i wont check my tires every ride if i have to do so manually. so this way i only have to do manually maybe once a month just to make sure tpms is correct.
the metal also have rubber seals and those fail quite often. standard rubber valve stems have a great life and I normally change them every other tire change for folks, which tends to be 2 years.

good reliable TPMS systems typically install inside the rim and have nothing to do with valve stems,

by checking your tire pressure on a regular basis this also gives you the opportunity to do a visual inspection of the tire itself.
@piekilla avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2021 gts 300 supertech

Enthusiast
@piekilla avatar
2021 gts 300 supertech
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
piekilla wrote:
Lebo wrote:
the metal also have rubber seals and those fail quite often. standard rubber valve stems have a great life and I normally change them every other tire change for folks, which tends to be 2 years.

good reliable TPMS systems typically install inside the rim and have nothing to do with valve stems,

by checking your tire pressure on a regular basis this also gives you the opportunity to do a visual inspection of the tire itself.
in your experience how long do the metal ones last?
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
I do what OAD does. Use the regular rubber ones and i swap them out when i do a tire change. Rear one gets changed more often. I change the front tire every 4 yrs whether it needs to be done or not. Rubber degrades over time. We can't use the curved ones on the LX models. A friend had a rear tire swapped out by Montgomery motors and they put a curved on on. She was exiting the the airport when her rear tire went flat. Not a lot of room back there and it must of hit n something. She was lucky that it happened them. SHe went via the freeway and was doing 60mph right before she slowed down to exit at the airport.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0110s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]