OP
UTC

Lurker
2007 Lx150

Lurker
2007 Lx150
UTC quote
Hi everyone,

My name is Owen. Im from Newcastle, Australia. After wanting one for a long time i recently purchased a 2007 Lx150. My wife had held me back from buying one for a long time however she is now the ex-wife so that solved that problem. Razz emoticon

I was driving it for only the second time the other day and the engine cut out. Once i pulled over i could smell fuel so i check the engine and the fuel line had snapped at the fuel intake. I managed to get get the snapped part off and reattached the fuel line and was able to get home with no problems. I went and purchased some fuel line from my local Vespa service centre and replaced it. Now the bike will start up with no issues however it cuts out after around 30 seconds and wont restart until i let it sit again for a few minutes.

Im a total noob with this so im hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas on the issue. I have attached a couple photos for reference. Im not sure if there have been some modifications to the scooter as this does not seem to match up with the diagram i have in my service manual.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster
UTC quote
Re: Hi from Australia - need help with fuel line problems...
ooneil wrote:
Hi everyone,

My name is Owen. Im from Newcastle, Australia. After wanting one for a long time i recently purchased a 2007 Lx150. My wife had held me back from buying one for a long time however she is now the ex-wife so that solved that problem. Razz emoticon ...
You made my day in the method you mention, you were finally able to purchase the Scoot you have wanted for a long time! Congrats!!! Clap emoticon Clap emoticon for the new to you Scoot!!!

Welcome to this great forum! I, by no means, have any idea of what your mechanical needs are/require, but, also check the MV Wiki for Workshop Manuals to see if they are copacetic with the one you have. Others will chime in ... in response to your issue ...
Welcome, again!
⚠️ Last edited by Big_Boys_Mother on UTC; edited 1 time
@thenaughtylemur avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 Suzuki S40 - 1978 Puch Pinto (sold) - 2006 Piaggio BV250 (R.I.P.)

Molto Verboso
@thenaughtylemur avatar
2006 Suzuki S40 - 1978 Puch Pinto (sold) - 2006 Piaggio BV250 (R.I.P.)
UTC quote
Sounds like maybe the fuel pump
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Two things, check the hose clamp I've labeled red. Are you pinching off the hose any? That would starve the carb of fuel.

2. Did you verify where each hose went on the carburetor when you replaced them? Dumb mistake that we all can make.
@kiwirider avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2008 Piaggio FLY 125, 2014 300GTS Super

Enthusiast
@kiwirider avatar
UTC quote
Hey ooneil,
I'm in Newcastle as well, so I might be able to give you a hand. I would work through your fuel line problem step-by-step, with the view in mind that the problem will probably be in the line you have replaced, because that is the only thing that has changed. I would guess it could be trapped air in the line. The fuel runs around it for a while but the engine eventually starves of fuel. I have a 125 Fly which is kind of similar maybe. It wouldn't start when I cam back from holidays. I couldn't figure why but eventually I disconnected the fuel line, let fuel run through a bit, and re-connected it. It started first pop so I figured it must be air. Good luck, and scooters never talk back Laughing emoticon
OP
UTC

Lurker
2007 Lx150

Lurker
2007 Lx150
UTC quote
Re: Hi from Australia - need help with fuel line problems...
Thanks to everyone for the quick answers. Its so helpful to have this forum for noobs like myself. I have worked my way back through things and i have concluded its the fuel pump. I run fuel through the line into a bottle and you could hear the pump kicking over (quite noisily) until it stopped after about 10 seconds. I dont think I could have messed up anything else by just changing a single fuel line! Ill have to try and source another tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
You made my day in the method you mention, you were finally able to purchase the Scoot you have wanted for a long time! Congrats!!! Clap emoticon Clap emoticon for the new to you Scoot!!!
Haha - divorce does have its positives....
kiwirider wrote:
Hey ooneil,
I'm in Newcastle as well, so I might be able to give you a hand. I would work through your fuel line problem step-by-step, with the view in mind that the problem will probably be in the line you have replaced, because that is the only thing that has changed. I would guess it could be trapped air in the line. The fuel runs around it for a while but the engine eventually starves of fuel. I have a 125 Fly which is kind of similar maybe. It wouldn't start when I cam back from holidays. I couldn't figure why but eventually I disconnected the fuel line, let fuel run through a bit, and re-connected it. It started first pop so I figured it must be air. Good luck, and scooters never talk back Laughing emoticon
Thanks Kiwirider - appreciate that. I live at The Hill. If you ever want to catch up for a scoot around town let me know.
@kiwirider avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@kiwirider avatar
UTC quote
For sure Owen,
I've been frequenting Darby St lately so I'm aware of 'The Hill' vibe. Glad you sorted out the problem through practical reason and not just by taking it in to the shop. I'm on a black GTS300 with an 'All Blacks' sticker on the side and a Thermoscud for the next 6 months.
Shaun
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0163s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0065s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]