@scootchef avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super

Ossessionato
@scootchef avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Hey ho there. It's been a long time since I've posted. Hope you are all doing well.

I have a question about MC parking at the Fruitvale BART station. I circled around it today but was unable to locate any parking for my Vespa. Does anyone know if it exists? I just moved over to Jingletown and Fruitvale is my closest station. It seems like every other station that has a surface lot has MC parking. If you know of parking there, please let me know. Thanks!
@wangta avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'10 GTS 300 Super, '79 Vespa P200E, '04 Vespa PX200, 2011 SportCity 300 Cube [Sold]

Ossessionato
@wangta avatar
'10 GTS 300 Super, '79 Vespa P200E, '04 Vespa PX200, 2011 SportCity 300 Cube [Sold]
UTC quote
Re: East Bay San Francisco Area Riders BART Parking Question
ScootChef wrote:
Hey ho there. It's been a long time since I've posted. Hope you are all doing well.

I have a question about MC parking at the Fruitvale BART station. I circled around it today but was unable to locate any parking for my Vespa. Does anyone know if it exists? I just moved over to Jingletown and Fruitvale is my closest station. It seems like every other station that has a surface lot has MC parking. If you know of parking there, please let me know. Thanks!
Also curious. That Fruitvale Bart station is kind of sketch...no worries about parking your scoot there?
OP
@scootchef avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super

Ossessionato
@scootchef avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Wangta wrote:
Also curious. That Fruitvale Bart station is kind of sketch...no worries about parking your scoot there?
Nah, not worried about that. I've parked at much sketchier stations. Honestly, IMHO, Fruitvale gets a bad rap. I almost refused to look in that area when looking for a house, but my real estate agent tricked me by traveling through Alameda into Jingletown. I absolutely LOVE my small neighborhood. It's peaceful and quiet. That said, I don't feel comfortable (just yet) walking under the freeway bridge to get over to BART at 5:00 AM.

Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
@wangta avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@wangta avatar
UTC quote
ScootChef wrote:
Wangta wrote:
Nah, not worried about that. I've parked at much sketchier stations. Honestly, IMHO, Fruitvale gets a bad rap. I almost refused to look in that area when looking for a house, but my real estate agent tricked me by traveling through Alameda into Jingletown. I absolutely LOVE my small neighborhood. It's peaceful and quiet. That said, I don't feel comfortable (just yet) walking under the freeway bridge to get over to BART at 5:00 AM.

Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Yeah, I agree with you on that . Some of the houses that are "nearby" the fruitvale station are incredible. Isn't Fruitvale the closest to Oakland Hills and the mansions? I've only been there at late night - and my wimpy self got a little spooked!
OP
@scootchef avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super

Ossessionato
@scootchef avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Wangta wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you on that . Some of the houses that are "nearby" the fruitvale station are incredible. Isn't Fruitvale the closest to Oakland Hills and the mansions? I've only been there at late night - and my wimpy self got a little spooked!
I think maybe Rockridge would be closer to the Hills. I moved from Cleveland Heights, which is where a lot of mansions are, but none that I can afford
My neighborhood is, for the most part, an artist community. There are lots of old warehouses that have been converted into beautiful lofts. What it's gaining in curb appeal, it's lacking in cafes and a local (stumbling home) watering hole.
OP
@scootchef avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super

Ossessionato
@scootchef avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
[img]
Wangta wrote:
I found the MC parking. It's on the first floor of the enclosed parking structure. It's closest entrance to the corner of San Leandro and Fruitvale, just behind where the buses line up. Enter the garage and go straight in toward the wall. There are three or four regular auto spots reserved for MCs and just across from it, a boxed off area as well. There is a lot of parking there. I actually like this parking better than Rockridge, Lake Merritt, Ashby, or West Oakland. This particular area parking has several security cameras and it's right beside where the BART police park. It seems pretty secure. Time will tell I suppose.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@scootchef avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super

Ossessionato
@scootchef avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
The other spot...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
In NYC we have access to the street parking signs map that allows you to see if there is any free street parking for a particular block on a street.
I did some search I found this http://propertymap.sfplanning.org/?name=sffind&tab=1&layer=Street+Sweeping

Think you maybe able to put in the info and find what the parking rules are and check surrounding areas possibly.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0147s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0039s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]