@anarchone avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2016 Vespa Sprint 150 3V

Enthusiast
@anarchone avatar
2016 Vespa Sprint 150 3V
UTC quote
My last few rides last fall were out in the Kettle Moraine area in SE Wisconsin. I love riding out to cemeteries and even though I grew up in the area and went to school across the street from this cemetery, I had never visited it before.
Wrought iron gates definitely add to the cemetery ambiance.
Wrought iron gates definitely add to the cemetery ambiance.
Its really a beautiful cemetery. The church is long gone, but a private company has taken it over.
Its really a beautiful cemetery. The church is long gone, but a private company has taken it over.
This being what is known as Lake Country, I couldn't resist a stop at the Beaver Lake public boat launch.
This being what is known as Lake Country, I couldn't resist a stop at the Beaver Lake public boat launch.
There's not a lot of good places to pull over for photo along the road. Did find this spot though.
There's not a lot of good places to pull over for photo along the road. Did find this spot though.
Another stop at a cemetery. I debated about getting the top case, but am glad I did. Sure wish the freakishly large Schuberth M1 helmet would fit though. It doesn't.
Another stop at a cemetery. I debated about getting the top case, but am glad I did. Sure wish the freakishly large Schuberth M1 helmet would fit though. It doesn't.
I like how they are preserving the inscriptions on the headstones as they fade away with age.
I like how they are preserving the inscriptions on the headstones as they fade away with age.
One of the few known Revolutionary War grave sites in Wisconsin!
One of the few known Revolutionary War grave sites in Wisconsin!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Riding on gravel wasn't an issue for me. Just taking in the peak fall colors at the end of October.
Riding on gravel wasn't an issue for me. Just taking in the peak fall colors at the end of October.
Have to include this photo with one of my two Papillons. This is Zero. I just had to take them each around the neighborhood. I thought he'd be scared but he loved it!
Have to include this photo with one of my two Papillons. This is Zero. I just had to take them each around the neighborhood. I thought he'd be scared but he loved it!
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Great pics -- nearly time for some spring ones!

I too love visiting cemeteries on my rides and letting my imagination try to piece together the lives hinted at in the gravestones.
@rocky69 avatar
UTC

vespa gts 250 ie

@rocky69 avatar
vespa gts 250 ie
UTC quote
Fall ride
Love riding in the fall.nice pics.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Nice pics. Cemeteries are my weakness too. Responsible for a lot of U-turns.
OP
@anarchone avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2016 Vespa Sprint 150 3V

Enthusiast
@anarchone avatar
2016 Vespa Sprint 150 3V
UTC quote
tdrake wrote:
Great pics -- nearly time for some spring ones!

I too love visiting cemeteries on my rides and letting my imagination try to piece together the lives hinted at in the gravestones.
Thanks tdrake - your postings of cemeteries is what inspired me to seek out cemeteries on my weekend rides. I am new to riding and all things Vespa. I live in the burbs. Riding around here is ok on my daily commute especially. I don't like riding in the city - heck - I don't even like driving in the city! A long ride in the country is a great way to clear the mind. I can't wait for warmer temperatures so I can resume my rides again.

I do genealogy and am deeply moved by cemeteries. I have no ancestors buried in these parts - my ancestors all lived in New York, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Canada (on this side of the pond that is). When I find a common surname of an early burial here I go back and research to find out if and how I'm related to them. Most times I find that I am a distant relation as so many of the early settlers to these parts came from the yankee states.

Thanks rocky69 and fledermaus too for the nice comments!

I do occasionally post on my blog and here is another cemetery visit https://anarchone.com/2016/10/04/finally-the-rain-stops/.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Just went over to your blog. Nice work! Love the layout and your writing. I'll be back and expecting more scooting stories.

I see comments, but keep looking for a place to click to leave one. I must be missing something.

We have a Revolutionary War veteran buried a few miles from me as well. Just astonished me to see it as that's ancient history to a Midwesterner. A couple of more in a military cemetery on the way into Portage, FWIW. Nerd emoticon
OP
@anarchone avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2016 Vespa Sprint 150 3V

Enthusiast
@anarchone avatar
2016 Vespa Sprint 150 3V
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Just went over to your blog. Nice work! Love the layout and your writing. I'll be back and expecting more scooting stories.

I see comments, but keep looking for a place to click to leave one. I must be missing something.

We have a Revolutionary War veteran buried a few miles from me as well. Just astonished me to see it as that's ancient history to a Midwesterner. A couple of more in a military cemetery on the way into Portage, FWIW. Nerd emoticon
Thanks fledermaus for the positive feedback on the blog! Work gets in the way of doing the things I enjoy.

I've fixed the commenting. I appreciate you letting me know it wasn't an option.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0123s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0044s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]