UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
 
Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
UTC quote
Did you orient the new one to it's blackest look, then rotate exactly 90 degrees? Looks like the rear is still burnt, even though it looked ok
UTC

Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
 
Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Dim display
I rotated to blackest look and put it on then
UTC

Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
 
Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Dim display
Do you mean blackest look on seeing display or completely black screen and then rotate 90%?
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
 
Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
UTC quote
Black background then 90 or darkest letters no rotate. Either way, that back polarizer is shot
UTC

Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
 
Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Lcd screen
Raceratb ,would you fix mine For a price? Thanks
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
 
Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
UTC quote
Sure, pm sent
UTC

Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
 
Member
250 gtsie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 11
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Will do, thanks
⬆️    About 6 months elapsed    ⬇️
@nicolas66 avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
 
Lurker
@nicolas66 avatar
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
UTC quote
Ciao ma per staccare le pellicole li hai riscaldate?
e per pulire il display hai utilizzato l'alcool oppure prodotti non aggressivi ?
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
 
Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
UTC quote
Ya, sight heating helps. Alcohol is fine to clean. You can use harsher if you have to
@nicolas66 avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
 
Lurker
@nicolas66 avatar
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
UTC quote
raceratb wrote:
Ya, sight heating helps. Alcohol is fine to clean. You can use harsher if you have to
@nicolas66 avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
 
Lurker
@nicolas66 avatar
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
UTC quote
nicolas66 wrote:
raceratb wrote:
Ya, sight heating helps. Alcohol is fine to clean. You can use harsher if you have to
Belli i tuoi video e le informazioni che hai postato ,pero' per chi non e' pratico vorrebbe vedere come si sostituisce le vecchie pellicole .
@louswheel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1267
Location: St Neots Cambridgeshire England
 
Molto Verboso
@louswheel avatar
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1267
Location: St Neots Cambridgeshire England
UTC quote
May I suggest buying a new speedo from SIP scooters? I bought one last year to replace the standard on for my 2012 GTS super, and found it a much much better design. You get all the kit to measure oil temp, battery charge level, revs' in both analog and digital, trip meter, up to 8 backlight colours and so much more above the standard speedo
It fitted really well, and looks good and a bit different to the standard!

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/speedometer-rev-counter-sip_MV914006B?q=SPEEDOMETER

Graham

@nicolas66 avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
 
Lurker
@nicolas66 avatar
Vespa GTS 250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4
Location: Italia Puglia
UTC quote
louswheel wrote:
May I suggest buying a new speedo from SIP scooters? I bought one last year to replace the standard on for my 2012 GTS super, and found it a much much better design. You get all the kit to measure oil temp, battery charge level, revs' in both analog and digital, trip meter, up to 8 backlight colours and so much more above the standard speedo
It fitted really well, and looks good and a bit different to the standard!

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/speedometer-rev-counter-sip_MV914006B?q=SPEEDOMETER

Graham

Complimenti bellissimo!!!
⬆️    About 3 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
GTS250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Sydney
 
Lurker
GTS250 ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1
Location: Sydney
UTC quote
Despite the step-by-step guide I still managed to get a bad result Facepalm emoticon

I followed the 'blackest and then rotate 90 deg' step (just the 2 polarized films relative to eachother), but also used a deep matte polarizer for the front. Maybe this is the issue? It's difficult to read, and there is no red lighting that's visible on some of the other fixed screens. I'm not an LCD expert, to any thoughts are highly appreciated!
Difficult to read after the fix
Difficult to read after the fix
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
 
Hooked
2008 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 103
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
UTC quote
The glass also has polarization, once you align the films rotate just the glass for a sharper image. The matte vs gloss doesn't matter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0465s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0208s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]