Big Red moves to the farm
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:19 am quote
I am 1250 miles into a unknown ride distance and as always it is great. First part was my brother and I riding together moving Big Red to his farm in NC. Just retired and motocross and Harley rider he is thinking of doing the Cannonball next year so we putting Red on his farm for him to ride and I now I can just drive/fly to his house and pick up the scooter cutting out the three day ride that has gotten mountainous.

Tomorrow I head for Chattanooga.

The blog post for more is here

http://2017scooterdiaries.blogspot.com/p/big-red-goes-to-farm.html

Scott and the chef at the best Taco stand

Bill rode over from Jax for lunch in Perry.

Ossessionato
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:57 pm quote
OK, so we got a building permit and I had to come home. Great ride and really lucky for most of the ride with low humidity. Put 2451 miles on and just after crossing the FLA border it clicked over to 10,000. When I bought Fred in February it had just over 2,000 so this year is going well.

Almost a perfect ride except for the Bed Bugs I picked up at the ChooChoo Inn in Chatanooga. I have spent thousands of nights in hotels and have always been a little skeptical of bed bugs but not any more!!!!

OAD I was coming up to see you but I figured you did not want to share my catch at the ChooChoo so I headed home. Next time.

The blog:
http://2017scooterdiaries.blogspot.com/p/big-red-goes-to-farm.html

54 Ford with a 54 Ranger trailer.

a bed bug, in case you have not seen one

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:44 am quote
them dam bed bugs can be a real pita to get rid of. make sure you clean everything EVERYTHING in your bag to include your bag.
Ossessionato
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:30 am quote
old as dirt wrote:
them dam bed bugs can be a real pita to get rid of. make sure you clean everything EVERYTHING in your bag to include your bag.
I was lucky that everything was in Ziploc. The clothes I was wearing were hanging on the luggage racks near the ceiling of the of the train car. When I got home Vicki made me change clothes in the back yard. Put everything in black plastic bags and let them bake in the sun to 160 degrees for hours. Then washed everything in hot water and threw all the bags away. I had my new waterproof bag and it is slick and no seams for the bastards to hide in. Hope I got them all or I am big trouble with the wife.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.0569s ][ Queries: 31 (0.0325s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]