@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
Bill - where'd the pic of your leg go??
It didn't make a nice start to the page, so I took it down.

Also, I am out and I thought it best to have those still riding have the podium.

Bill
As you wish, but the thread is about the Cannonball, and you and your hurt leg are part of Cannonball and it's history. The other riders' stories are no more important than yours. Proud of what you did Bill and hope you put that pic right back where it belongs.
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
Bill - where'd the pic of your leg go??
It didn't make a nice start to the page, so I took it down.

Also, I am out and I thought it best to have those still riding have the podium.

Bill
We miss you Bill. I was so happy I got to finally meet you in person!! Take care of that knee.
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5221
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5221
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
We miss you Bill. I was so happy I got to finally meet you in person!! Take care of that knee.
The pleasure was mine, Pam. I certainly wish I could have made it to the finish.

I went to my doctor yesterday. He said I should eventually be fine. But I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning. Even after beginning to take pain pills.

Bill
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
But I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning. Even after beginning to take pain pills.

Bill
Gosh, Bill, good decision to pull out. I know it wasn't easy. Take care of yourself and heal quickly. Post a more family friendly picture of your leg next time, okay? Razz emoticon


Does anybody know what's up with tdrake? AFAIK, he's been MIA for a few days.
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1925
Location: Toronto
 
Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1925
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
What happened to Motovista? Did I read he left early too?
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Getting ready Day 8 I'm praying my camel pak is on Ralph's truck cuz I don't have it. He picked up me & cynthia when sloppy joe & me were overheated yesterday. Somehow between 3 of us riders and Ralph we managed to find , get , have mounted 2 front tires on the support truck & order a rear tire for OAD. Please camel pak gopam water supply....please be on truck
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 816
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 816
UTC quote
I have ridden coast to coast and gulf to canada many times over 400,000 miles. Smallest mc was a 650 bmw. You people have my greatest respect and admiration. Never give up the ride until absolutly necessary. Ride on my friends!
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2380
Location: St. Pete, Fla
 
Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2380
Location: St. Pete, Fla
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
But I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning. Even after beginning to take pain pills.

Bill
Gosh, Bill, good decision to pull out. I know it wasn't easy. Take care of yourself and heal quickly. Post a more family friendly picture of your leg next time, okay? Razz emoticon


Does anybody know what's up with tdrake? AFAIK, he's been MIA for a few days.
Tdrake is fine and riding on out of tupalo about a hour ago
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
Getting ready Day 8 I'm praying my camel pak is on Ralph's truck cuz I don't have it. He picked up me & cynthia when sloppy joe & me were overheated yesterday. Somehow between 3 of us riders and Ralph we managed to find , get , have mounted 2 front tires on the support truck & order a rear tire for OAD. Please camel pak gopam water supply....please be on truck
Was it on the truck?

Fingers crossed.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
lostboater wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
But I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning. Even after beginning to take pain pills.

Bill
Gosh, Bill, good decision to pull out. I know it wasn't easy. Take care of yourself and heal quickly. Post a more family friendly picture of your leg next time, okay? Razz emoticon


Does anybody know what's up with tdrake? AFAIK, he's been MIA for a few days.
Tdrake is fine and riding on out of tupalo about a hour ago
Hoo-ray!! Clap emoticon Two reasons, one, hate to see anyone have to give up out there, and two, if all works well he's supposed to ply me with lurid tales of the road in Richmond.
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1491
Location: Vermont
 
Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1491
Location: Vermont
UTC quote
Thanks to all for taking time to provide updates from the road. I am enjoying reading and contemplating doing a Cannonball (sshh, don't tell my wife).

My wife and I are looking forward to Amerivespa and leaving on Tuesday. Hope to say Hi to some of the CBers and also to meeting people at AV!

Safe travels to all!
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
Getting ready Day 8 I'm praying my camel pak is on Ralph's truck cuz I don't have it. He picked up me & cynthia when sloppy joe & me were overheated yesterday. Somehow between 3 of us riders and Ralph we managed to find , get , have mounted 2 front tires on the support truck & order a rear tire for OAD. Please camel pak gopam water supply....please be on truck
If it isn't so at Walmart. I know there is at least one in Tupelo and pick up a new one. Last thing you want is to get dehydrated which is far too easy to do on the cannonball.
berto wrote:
What happened to Motovista? Did I read he left early too?
George was out before Trinidad. I never saw him while I was in Bluff so I asked in Trinidad and was told he had loaded his Scott in his truck and left. Don't know the story on that. He hasn't posted anywhere since before the cannonball started.
fledermaus wrote:
Does anybody know what's up with tdrake? AFAIK, he's been MIA for a few days.
Tom is doing well and he'll have some stories for you. He had a couple of long days so he is probably trying to get some rest when he can.
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
Well Charlie #33 is on the side of the road with a smoking engine in Alabama. Looks like he'll be sitting by the side of the road until the support truck arrives.
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
gopam wrote:
Getting ready Day 8 I'm praying my camel pak is on Ralph's truck cuz I don't have it. He picked up me & cynthia when sloppy joe & me were overheated yesterday. Somehow between 3 of us riders and Ralph we managed to find , get , have mounted 2 front tires on the support truck & order a rear tire for OAD. Please camel pak gopam water supply....please be on truck
Was it on the truck?

Fingers crossed.
IT WAS HOORAY!!! And I got sugar free natural coconut water today-/-not every place has it. I was hydrated. And I'm now at hotel and remembering to drink electrolytes. I'm terrified we're losing another hour to time change. This cali girl gets up at 6am which now = 3am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'n
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Ralph's trailer was full of messed up scoots yesterday - empty today ready for more scoots if needed.

OAD house/garage in Tennessee is now a scooter cemetery wasteland....
I mean dead scooter storage
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1999
Location: Brentwood, TN
 
Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1999
Location: Brentwood, TN
UTC quote
Just a minor correction, that would be TNSooner's trailer, being driven by Ralph. Laughing emoticon Razz emoticon
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
Just a minor correction, that would be TNSooner's trailer, being driven by Ralph. Laughing emoticon Razz emoticon
Did you go visit your trailer today?
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Not sure if I mentioned it....but there is a rookie in first place....he's a legend.....Scott Taggart!!
His words echo through the land. Various villages sing songs of his heroics and achievements. Animals think twice about crossing the road when he's flying by. He does everything with precision and expertise. The man, the myth, the legend...Scott Taggart!!!!!!!
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
FWIW, the last two cannonballs were won by "rookies". In 201t it was Bob on his boat tank equipped Helix and in 2014 it was Bin on his Honda 110.

Scott the antelope hunter is an amazing rider. TwelveToes is another though maybe insane is a better description. There are some people riding this year with seriously mad skills. Heck to have made it this far you've got to have serious riding chops. My hat is off to everyone riding this year especially those like Scooterista and Pam doing it with a smile.
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2981
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2981
Location: Moscow, Idaho
UTC quote
Oy all -- still hanging in there and up at 5:00 for another day.

Like everyone else the dirt days crushed my soul, if not my scoot, and then I had mechanical issues that led to long days and eves...so I've dialed alllll the way back and decided to stick to my original plan: just tour, stop when I wanted and eat whenever I felt like it, and, with the help of my patron saint Beck ("I'm a loser baby....") come in dead last.

But still come in, in one piece.

Two more days, tho, to see if I can pull it off.

Got a bunch of pics and thoughts and hope to get them down in VA Beach....

In the meantime:
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3145
Location: Finland
 
Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3145
Location: Finland
UTC quote
Tdrake - good to hear from you, it's always a bit worrying when you'll start to see the zeros appearing at the leaderboard...although we are well informed about the reasons and thanks to Cdwise and all, get good inside info.

Ride on...you'r tactics sound like a solid one - and hopefully get's you to the end by riding!


Long time ago there used to be a Finnish Formula 1 champion, Mika Häkkinen, who did not won one single race during the long season. He just played it safe - and at the end won the whole championship with this steady approach.

GoPam - great reports, thanks! (Edit: here was a wrong emoji first, sorry about that )
⚠️ Last edited by RRider on UTC; edited 1 time
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Day 3 riding Utah Zion and meeting up with TDrake for the rest of day 3 ride - was maybe my favorite day. Love you TDrake who's on the other GT200.
⚠️ Last edited by gopam on UTC; edited 1 time
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Any vanity falls off your bike and stays on the road. I haven't styled my hair once and it now has its own persona...frizzle frazzle rock.

And Cheryl thanks. I would of said goodbye. I didn't realize you didn't follow me down that dirt road until I checked my rear view mirror awhile later. It was good to see you, thanks for all of your advice.

---that morning I was also pumping Cheryl with questions about weather etc. always good to ask a Colorado local 😃
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
I won't name names but some riders are experiencing a butt rash from riding in the heat seat too long. I don't want to jinx myself but finally an ailment I'm not suffering from on cannonball.
Ps I have been sharing my emuaid ointment with a butt rash rider. I've asked he doesn't double dip his hands in since I've been putting it on my face rash haha. My face has improved. But I probably have man ass on my face now.
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1999
Location: Brentwood, TN
 
Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1999
Location: Brentwood, TN
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
TN_Sooner wrote:
Just a minor correction, that would be TNSooner's trailer, being driven by Ralph. Laughing emoticon Razz emoticon
Did you go visit your trailer today?
No - I would have had to do an overnight to make that happen, so I took a pass.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
Ps I have been sharing my emuaid ointment with a butt rash rider. I've asked he doesn't double dip his hands in since I've been putting it on my face rash haha. My face has improved. But I probably have man ass on my face now.
Oh, the trials! Laughing emoticon

This thing has been exhausting to follow. That's got to be about 1% of living it. Nerd emoticon

Thanks for the pics, tdrake. I was missing your photography! Good strategy, it seems, which explains all the zeros on your scorecard. Merely finishing this monster is winning enough. Sadly a privilege not afforded everyone.

Ride on!
@skansen avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 116
Location: France
 
Hooked
@skansen avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 116
Location: France
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
Not sure if I mentioned it....but there is a rookie in first place....he's a legend.....Scott Taggart!!
His words echo through the land. Various villages sing songs of his heroics and achievements. Animals think twice about crossing the road when he's flying by. He does everything with precision and expertise. The man, the myth, the legend...Scott Taggart!!!!!!!
You mean THE Scott Taggart, the famous Scottish footballer player?
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20546
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
 
eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20546
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
UTC quote
Say
I just love that picture of Feb31st and 4n6iscool above.

Pam you're quickly rising to legendary status.

Keep on trucking Girl.

Bill x
@miguelatf avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Vespa GTV 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 379
Location: Talent, Oregon
 
Hooked
@miguelatf avatar
2009 Vespa GTV 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 379
Location: Talent, Oregon
UTC quote
tdrake wrote:
Oy all -- still hanging in there and up at 5:00 for another day.

Like everyone else the dirt days crushed my soul, if not my scoot, and then I had mechanical issues that led to long days and eves...so I've dialed alllll the way back and decided to stick to my original plan: just tour, stop when I wanted and eat whenever I felt like it, and, with the help of my patron saint Beck ("I'm a loser baby....") come in dead last.

But still come in, in one piece.

Two more days, tho, to see if I can pull it off.

Got a bunch of pics and thoughts and hope to get them down in VA Beach....

In the meantime:
PHENOMENAL pictures, tdrake! Seriously.

Like many others, I'm sending you - and everyone - best wishes and good vibes (from all the patron saints) - stay safe, well fed & rested, and enjoy the ride.
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
Any vanity falls off your bike and stays on the road. I haven't styled my hair once and it now has its own persona...frizzle frazzle rock.

And Cheryl thanks. I would of said goodbye. I didn't realize you didn't follow me down that dirt road until I checked my rear view mirror awhile later. It was good to see you, thanks for all of your advice.

---that morning I was also pumping Cheryl with questions about weather etc. always good to ask a Colorado local 😃
I told you and Cynthia that I'd peel off when you reached dirt. Since I was only riding one day and already had enough drama with my GTS I figured I'd skip all the dirt. I'll catch up with you sometime. Benefit of my doing so was that I got to meet tdrake at Wolf Creek Pass. Rode with him to his gas stop. Saw Bin a couple of times too.

I didn't come looking to see who was still in whenI left Trinidad at 7am because I wanted to make sure I was home before the predicted rain at 2. I did remember my heated grips when I needed them that day.

BTW when I woke up yesterday morning in Breckenridge it was 33f and didn't get out of the 50s. So you just never know.

Glad you have been able to catch up on rest a bit and don't worry about your hairstyle. It's cannonball.

Tdrake -great pics.

[quote="fledermaus"]
gopam wrote:
Thanks for the pics, tdrake. I was missing your photography! Good strategy, it seems, which explains all the zeros on your scorecard. Merely finishing this monster is winning enough. Sadly a privilege not afforded everyone.

Ride on!
Tom won't end up with all those 0s. He's just behind in turning in his times and photos. After all I know for a fact he's managed to make his checkpoints and probably bonus photos as well. He had a big smile when I saw him and some stories to share. Though I think the biggest smile award goes to Scooterista.

Keep on keeping on, you are almost to "alumni" status.
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
I finally got my cannonball camera downloaded today. Here's a few photos from the one and half days I was with the riders.
Staggart first to arrive at the final checkpoint in Bluff. He's still in first place at the end of day 8.
Staggart first to arrive at the final checkpoint in Bluff. He's still in first place at the end of day 8.
ddennis669 was the next arrival. They were the only two to catch the 11am ferry.
ddennis669 was the next arrival. They were the only two to catch the 11am ferry.
flyguy2
flyguy2
Twelvetoes
Twelvetoes
Walt Diggers aka flyguy2
Walt Diggers aka flyguy2
feb31st
feb31st
4in6iscool
4in6iscool
LouderNorth
LouderNorth
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
A few more
Scooterista and GoPam
Scooterista and GoPam
OAD and another rider comparing rides
OAD and another rider comparing rides
Scooterista and Gopam heading out the next day
Scooterista and Gopam heading out the next day
Skipping the route to a checkpoint on a dirt road. I continued on.
Skipping the route to a checkpoint on a dirt road. I continued on.
tdrake taking the opportunity to pass a road obstacle
tdrake taking the opportunity to pass a road obstacle
The last road of Day 4, Colorado 12. If you ever have a chance to ride it I highly recommend doing so. Great way to finish the day.
The last road of Day 4, Colorado 12. If you ever have a chance to ride it I highly recommend doing so. Great way to finish the day.
This was the last photo bonus on Colorado 12. I'm sure it was put here to keep those on large enough cc scoots from hopping on I-25 after the last checkpoint. Anyone who did so would have missed the best section of the route in terms of pure fun.
This was the last photo bonus on Colorado 12. I'm sure it was put here to keep those on large enough cc scoots from hopping on I-25 after the last checkpoint. Anyone who did so would have missed the best section of the route in terms of pure fun.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22480
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22480
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
End of day mad tire changes going on to get to the finish
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22480
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22480
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
Another tire pic. Bin just got in and did a tire as well tonight. So I think there were 5 or 6 that changed tires. Some folks were putting on used tires that were better than what they had on. Yesterday I had a rear tire overnighted to me so when I pulled into Etowah it was there. I strapped it on the scoot road home and changed it in my own garage. The trailer junk showed up and we got that off and put mine back in and was back at the hotel before 6 pm.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
Got in late to Galax Virginia. Shoving food in face. Taking antibiotic late. Getting better. Hit a wall. Fatigued. Shout out to my cannonball couch Eric Almendral who Olympian trained me for this event and told me about caffeine mints. I didn't find them so bought caffeine pills. Took first pill today DAY 9. Beautiful pink blue orange yellow sunset with Pink Floyd dark side of the moon playing brought tears streaming down my face because the beauty visual and music was overwhelming. First time I needed my 2 1/2 gallon gas spare on blue ridge parkway. And 1 msr bottle.

Words can't describe. MAjestic. Magical. We're alive. Winds... rain. Darkness. Bugs. Otter. Bunny. DEER!!!! HERDS. Herd of DEER JUMPING IN FRONT OF US L-R IN THE DARK. 1 staring at us still on the left. The 5 of us made it.
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
Pam turn in your times since today is the last day to do anything you're missing then go to bed. You can socialize tomorrow. You'll want to be up for the party.
@gopam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Molto Verboso
@gopam avatar
2016 BMW R1200RT & 2007 GT200 & 2020 Vespa GTS SuperSport 300 HPE,2024 Honda ADV 160
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1669
Location: LOS ANGELES
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
Pam turn in your times since today is the last day to do anything you're missing then go to bed. You can socialize tomorrow. You'll want to be up for the party.
I can't I'm eating at the restaurant & I think they are in bed already

My times,..to be continued.
OP
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
gopam wrote:
cdwise wrote:
Pam turn in your times since today is the last day to do anything you're missing then go to bed. You can socialize tomorrow. You'll want to be up for the party.
I can't I'm eating at the restaurant & I think they are in bed already

My times,..to be continued.
Text them to Dave. If you don't have his number PM me or facebook messenger me. One Text for each day. They can check photos later if they want.
@duane1 avatar
UTC

Addicted
2005 et4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 529
Location: oshawa ontario canada
 
Addicted
@duane1 avatar
2005 et4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 529
Location: oshawa ontario canada
UTC quote
Quote:
What happened to Motovista?
Am interested also?


Was the route this year designed to grind out bikes and riders the 1st 2 days? I have always assumed a degree of difficulty but this one seems to be a bit over the top?

I had considered running it in 2 years but if the routes are being designed that are intended to break bikes and bones; I will have to reconsider.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5664
Location: Home of the Alamo
UTC quote
duane1 wrote:
Quote:
What happened to Motovista?
Am interested also?


Was the route this year designed to grind out bikes and riders the 1st 2 days? I have always assumed a degree of difficulty but this one seems to be a bit over the top?

I had considered running it in 2 years but if the routes are being designed that are intended to break bikes and bones; I will have to reconsider.
+1.

Am curious about the same exact thing.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0748s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0674s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]