Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:39 am

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist

Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:39 am linkquote
Another year, another bump...

I still haven't got around to firing up this scooter yet. For some reason i haven't been too motivated to finish up a few details on it...such as the wiring. All i need to do is buy a battery for it, then i can build a battery tray, wire in a relay and fuses, and hook up the ignition switch wires. It would literally be a one day job, but i've just been unmotivated to by a single flippin battery! I must be lazy or something.

BUT, i did install a LED inside my taillight. I used an off the shelf trucker light (that i bought from Six-States). I figure if the light can handle the riggers of being on a semi-trailer, then it can surely work on the back of a Vespa.

I simply gutted out the stock taillight housing enough to just barely fit in the LED. Then i gooped in a bunch of epoxy. Yes it looks ghetto, but once the lens is back on, it hides a multiple of sins. The bonus about using a "trucker" light is that they are pretty darn bright, which is always good thing when it comes to being seen on a moto.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:27 am

Hooked
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3

Hooked
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:27 am linkquote
Do you need the wiring connected to start it? Surely just hearing it running will give you the motivation to get it finished so you can impress your neighbours with impromptu wheelies.
Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:37 am

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist

Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:37 am linkquote
Matchlessman wrote:
Do you need the wiring connected to start it? Surely just hearing it running will give you the motivation to get it finished so you can impress your neighbours with impromptu wheelies.
Yes, i just need to finish up some wiring. Since i installed a variable Vape DC i need to move around a few wires and then add in a relay and some fuses...which i have had for at least a year all waiting to for me to install. For some reason i haven't been motivated to finish up the last little bit. It probably has to do with working on multiple other scooter projects that i'm trying to knock out...which is no excuse. I just need to pony up and buy a little Li-ion battery and spend the day or two to button it up.
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:38 pm linkquote
whodatschrome wrote:
For some reason i haven't been motivated to finish up the last little bit. It probably has to do with working on multiple other scooter projects that i'm trying to knock out...which is no excuse.
hey! I demand royalties! that is my trademarked excuse!

all kidding aside, I love the tail light mod. if I wasn't fully AC on the PK I'd totally do the same.
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:01 pm

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:01 pm linkquote
Proof that i am really that close to finishing up the scooter. The stator and rectifier have been all wired up for the past year. I've also had the fuse/relay block fixings for the past year as well. I just need to buy a battery...so that i can fab a battery tray. Once the tray is built and positioned on the frame then i know where i can mount the fuse block...then i can finish the wiring. I'm also thinking about going back and installing an in-line flashing brake line module. Simply because i don't want to get rear ended by a car. I have them installed in all my other PX scooters and they do their job very well.

i'll wire it up so that the ignition key will activate the relay. I'll run my grip heaters and LED headlight (and eventually spot lights) through the relay.

It's about as compact of a water resistant fuse holder that i could find.

You can see the Vape rectifier tucked back in the frame. I left the stock regulator hooked up for now (so that i wouldn't forget what those wires are for when i go to finish up the wiring).

DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0887s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0655s) ][ Debug on ][ 225 ][ Thing One ]