2016 BV350: Rear Brake/turn signals lighting change
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Enthusiast
2009 Aprilia SC250, 2016 Piaggio BV350
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:30 pm quote
I wanted to eliminate the stalk turn signals and return the bike back to the European look.

I obtained the parts here: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/piaggio-parts/scooters/beverly-350-4t-4v-ie-e3-sport-touring-2014/rear-headlamps-turn-signal-lamps-643130.aspx
But the parts are also available from a site sponsor (Motovista)

This is a straight forward mod. You have to remove the rear tail light assemblies. I used this source to guide the disassembly: http://www.wotmeworry.org.uk/manuals/Beverley/BV350/BV350%20Workshop%20Manual.pdf
Page CHAS - 323

The 3 wire light plug that goes to the tail light also carries a wire for the brake light. The US version does not have a functioning brake light wire (Yellow with black stripe). See pic below. You will end up splicing the tubing to expose about 3" and splice the US active brake light line into this line.
Black = ground
Orange/yellow stripe = running LED lights
Yellow/black stripe = brake LED light

The current US brake line is a 2 line strand. If you roll back the rubber covering, you will see the Yellow wire with black stripe - see pic below. You will slice down this tubing and cut the Yellow wire with black stripe. You will solder a 5" length of wiring to the hot line and solder the other end onto the 3 prong wire loom. Repeat for the other side.

The next step is to disassemble the turn signal wiring from the turn signal stalks and route them back up the back of the bike. These wires will be connected to the bulb holders in the European tail light assemblies.

Once done, you will have clear lens with LED tail and brake lights from the center and amber turn signals on the outside.

If you are tight on budget, you can use the US tail light assemblies. Your end result will be red LED tail and brake lights and your outside turn signals will signal through the outside portion in red.

Jerry

BV350
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:33 am quote
Nice job.
I wonder if this can be done on a 2021.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.0346s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0168s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]