UTC quote
start with a stock standard model

"I need more power"

Bolt on bigger pipe and up jet says the crowd

"whats a jet"........learning begins

6 months later

"I need more power"

"Get a bigger top end kit".....whats that???....more learning ensues

10 years of spending follows and every brand of top end ,cast iron or ali available gets its turn..in which time bore clearance.squish bands and timing info is learned .....clutch hand hover is now well ingrained... DR then maloossi..then polini..and back to DR

Modifications like head planning.port altering. Gs pistons. cylinder fettling are now the norm

getting older and the need for speed leans more to reliability and now the Dark art of shimming and gear ratio enters the fray

recently Just ticked off "owning" electrics

I have reached enligtenment
UTC

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious
UTC quote
Like it......

Then you get even older and you start thinking about different seats and backrests (for orthopaedic reasons rather than fashion). You then spend hours on the internet, shopping for technical and protective clothing, because you realise those jeans and Converse, and that old crash helmet won't do you any favours if you fall off whilst doing 70mph. Then you need a SIP speedo or a GPS, because you weren't really doing 70mph.

Can anyone suggest good options for heated grips and stabilisers? Must fit a PX and a 150 Super!
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
swa45 wrote:
Like it......

Then you get even older and you start thinking about different seats and backrests (for orthopaedic reasons rather than fashion). You then spend hours on the internet, shopping for technical and protective clothing, because you realise those jeans and Converse, and that old crash helmet won't do you any favours if you fall off whilst doing 70mph. Then you need a SIP speedo or a GPS, because you weren't really doing 70mph.

Can anyone suggest good options for heated grips and stabilisers? Must fit a PX and a 150 Super!
I've been using Symtec "Heat Demons" for the past 12 years on my P/PX scoots that have a battery. They use about 20 watts low, and 40 watts when on high. The Symtec can be used on both AC and DC 12V power.
@brandonpx avatar
UTC

Addicted
74 Rally 200. 79 P-whatever

Addicted
@brandonpx avatar
74 Rally 200. 79 P-whatever
UTC quote
In my 20s "I love 80s accessories and cut downs"
In my 30s "man I really want a handlebar bike"
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0220s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0031s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]