UTC

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
nomadinsiam wrote:
I just replaced a worn out lever (ovalized pivot hole) on my PX. I did something similar. The objective is to unbolt the lever and replace it without disconnecting the pinch bolt at the clutch cable arm. I taped the existing lever closed against the grip and then wrapped a piece of baling wire around the clutch arm and rear brake cable housing. Then I took the tape off the lever. Without any cable tension, it's a simple unbolt and swap out of the old lever and replace with the new lever. Remove the wire and it snaps back into place.
Great way to replace a lever - easier than what I did! Thanks for sharing it. Looks like a good addition for this thread: Random tricks, share your best little tips & shortcuts.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Boneheaded Maneuver
Man oh man, I can be thick sometimes. Here is the skinny. I put the carb back together after a thorough cleaning and replacing all the pertinent bits, but something felt "off". So I checked the slide opening and it was only opening up 1/2 way - maybe a little more. So I pulled the carb and removed the slide and the piece of metal rod that connects to the throttle cable and the slide was bent?!? Say whaaaattt? I put the thing back together with the rod going inside the spring, not below it. Dooohhhh!

So I straightened the rod and put it back together properly and readjusted the throttle cable. This is after I had to push and coast home because the cable popped out of it's holder because of lack of tension. Fortunately it happened at almost the top of the hill by the house. I must have stretched the cable when the slide connector was installed improperly.

What this means is I'm starting from scratch in the jetting department. Thanks for the info Jack and I'll post back here when I get it sorted.
Don't put the slide puller inside the spring! Man, that was lame....
Don't put the slide puller inside the spring! Man, that was lame....
Attach the slide to the puller, then put the spring in place.
Attach the slide to the puller, then put the spring in place.
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
The spring should have a bent tip that goes into the slot and keeps the rod in place. Either get a new one or bend the tip on yours...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
UTC quote
But, you have an older type slide, so scratch my previous comment...
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
CHT Install
So I finally got a Trailtech CHT gauge. Here is the blow-by-blow up to this point.

1) I took out the tank and removed the horncast.
2) Then snaked an electricians tape from the bottom of the horncast area to the tank area.
3) I then taped a 4' thermistor extension wire, a green wire, and two lengths of weed whacker string, and pulled this back through the body of the scooter. The green wire and two lengths of string are for future use. I figure if I'm putting the tape through, I might as well make it easy if there is a next time.
4) feed the thermistor wire through the space between the headset and leg shield.
5) Attach the TrailTech to a mirror mount - I haven't gotten to this part yet.
6) Reinstall the tank and headset.

So I managed to get 1 through 4 done so far. OK, ok, on with the pictures!
The extension wire, weed whacker string, and green wire are taped to the end of the fishtape.
The extension wire, weed whacker string, and green wire are taped to the end of the fishtape.
I've pulled the fishtape out with the wires still attached - yea!
I've pulled the fishtape out with the wires still attached - yea!
Now I'm fishing the extension wire up using a piece of weed whacker string.
Now I'm fishing the extension wire up using a piece of weed whacker string.
This is where the extension wire is going to come out, after I loosen up the headset and lift it up slightly.
This is where the extension wire is going to come out, after I loosen up the headset and lift it up slightly.
I pulled the 13mm bolt out of the hole. Make sure the wheel and bars are all the way to the left or the bolt won't come out.
I pulled the 13mm bolt out of the hole. Make sure the wheel and bars are all the way to the left or the bolt won't come out.
I cleaned things up, greased the cowl latches, and put some dielectric grease on the electrical connectors.
I cleaned things up, greased the cowl latches, and put some dielectric grease on the electrical connectors.
Ready to put the tank back in. I coiled up the extra stuff. Not too bad in there for 39 years old.
Ready to put the tank back in. I coiled up the extra stuff. Not too bad in there for 39 years old.
Yes - it works! Now to put everything back together and mount this baby.
Yes - it works! Now to put everything back together and mount this baby.
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
Hi Scott, good job on fishing those wires through. It's never a fun task. One thing I would caution you about is where the CHT wire is run. Between the neck of the frame and the headset is a notorious place for wires to break (because the handlebars are always turning back and forth). A safer place to run that wire is though one of the small holes (that are inside the glovebox) that the front turn signal wires poke though. But that's only if you're planning on mounting the gauge on the top of your glovebox.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
whodatschrome wrote:
One thing I would caution you about is where the CHT wire is run. Between the neck of the frame and the headset is a notorious place for wires to break (because the handlebars are always turning back and forth). A safer place to run that wire is though one of the small holes (that are inside the glovebox) that the front turn signal wires poke though. But that's only if you're planning on mounting the gauge on the top of your glovebox.
Thanks for this Whodat. I'm going to mount it on a mirror mount so I think I'm going to beef up the wire insulation - maybe heat shrink, maybe some sort of sheath so the sheath can get trashed but the wire can move and not rub as much. Hmmm - I'll definitely address this before I put it all together. Thanks again!
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
It's complete - I cleaned everything up and put it all back together and mounted the CHT on a backwards mirror mount. I put heat shrink tubing on both sides of the connector, and the tubing is down the bend at the headset so hopefully that'll protect the wire from getting rubbed in half.

I may move it on top of the storage compartment down the line, but first I'll run it where it is.

Y'all will love this. I showed a picture to my wife and she says: "That's just there temporary right?". I replied, "uhhhhh, why?". "Because it totally blows the whole look!". Doohhh! I think it'll be very functional and easy to read where it is, but she does have a point. Razz emoticon

I haven't gone for a ride yet, but did start the scooter in the driveway to make sure I didn't pinch a fuel line or anything, and watched the temp of the engine climb - Wooohooo!
The CHT mounted - pretty easy to read!
The CHT mounted - pretty easy to read!
The heat shrink tubing on the wires, going over the connectors ever so slightly.
The heat shrink tubing on the wires, going over the connectors ever so slightly.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
New shoes! I changed the front brake shoes today and I only took one picture. I haven't gone for a ride yet to check them out. I did clean everything up and sanded the drum with some 80 grit to remove any glaze. Maybe this will help the weak front brake.
@subetherbass avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others

Ossessionato
@subetherbass avatar
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
UTC quote
Finally, someone else who adds wires for future use!
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
SubEtherBASS wrote:
Finally, someone else who adds wires for future use!
Thanks Sub! If you're going to do it once, might as well make it count! I almost got a TrailTech Vapor but couldn't figure out where to mount it without removing the speedo and fitting it in there, so I didn't get one. But a tach would be nice, so maybe I'll add one in the future. And now, it'll be fairly painless now that a stringer is already pulled through!
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Low Beam Blues
The low beam finally gave up - it would sporadically come on - then shut off. So I peek under the headset and the wire from the hibeam/lowbeam switch was flattened where the headset screws down. Ah-ha, that's the problem, or so I thought...

I proceeded to open up the headset and got the meter out and checked continuity between the switch and headlight...and...all was good! Hmmm?!?!?

I took a good look at the switch and even had to break out Luckybears reading glasses to get an up close look. After starting the scooter, and playing with the switch for a while, I noticed that the main pin with the brown wire going into the back was a little loose. Then I noticed that the plate that goes under the rocker switch isn't connected to the pin, but just behind the pin, so if I pushed the pin tight against the rocker plate, the low beam comes on.

The pin is held in by just mushrooming out the back of the pin - so I took the pliers and a screwdriver to the back of the switch and now the light is working again! YESYESYES!!!! And here I thought I was going to be splicing wires...
See how the wire is pancaked from being pinched when the headset was tightened down? This wasn't the problem though.
See how the wire is pancaked from being pinched when the headset was tightened down? This wasn't the problem though.
The square base under the rocker switch sits on top on the metal band connection to the rocker switch. This square base is the culprit because it wasn't making contact with that metal band.
The square base under the rocker switch sits on top on the metal band connection to the rocker switch. This square base is the culprit because it wasn't making contact with that metal band.
Here is the back side of the switch. Notice the pins are just held in by mushrooming out the holes.
Here is the back side of the switch. Notice the pins are just held in by mushrooming out the holes.
@fatbear5 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1977 P200, 1980 P200

Molto Verboso
@fatbear5 avatar
1977 P200, 1980 P200
UTC quote
Yeah, I've had similar problems with wires in that highbeam/lowbeam switch. I understand that all those wires are supposed to be soldered into those holes but my soldering skills are substandard and I wasn't able to do the job. I wound up holding the wires in place by jamming a toothpick into the hole next to the wire. My Mickey Mouse fix has held up for more than 3 years so I guess I'm ok but I'd sure welcome instructions as to how to do a better job than I have done.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Reflection
So I striped Ruby with black reflective vinyl. It's black stripes during the day, but when the light hits it, it reflects quite bright!
Cool black stripes - I like them anyway!
Cool black stripes - I like them anyway!
A little reflective going on in this pic..
A little reflective going on in this pic..
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
It's Official
It's officially a grocery getter now!
There are three bags in the crate!
There are three bags in the crate!
@exmayor avatar
UTC

Hooked
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD

Hooked
@exmayor avatar
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
UTC quote
Very nice crate. Fitting for Ruby
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
I went for a ride with this windsail and my homemade mounts were a bit lacking. Lots of vibration. So I made a new set of mounts and am in the process of cutting about 6 inches off the windscreen. I did the same for the GTS 250.
This thing is super tall. I'm going to cut it down so I can see over it.
This thing is super tall. I'm going to cut it down so I can see over it.
The new bracket - I kept the angle  on the angle iron to give it rigidity or stiffness - yeah, stiffness. :-)
The new bracket - I kept the angle on the angle iron to give it rigidity or stiffness - yeah, stiffness. :-)
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Lemonade
So I barely started cutting the huge windscreen and it splintered - splintered bad. I was about to play frisbee with it and decided, what the hell, make lemonade out of this lemon and cut it down to the top of the splinter. It came out pretty cool and works really well. I think so anyway.

Now it's more like a midscreen verses a flyscreen or a sail. And it covers my hands. I went for a ride in the rain yesterday and my hands stayed dry. Then again, it could be the waterproof gloves I had on but you get the idea...
Dangit - I didn't even get a 1/2" inch until it split. Better find a dull metal blade...
Dangit - I didn't even get a 1/2" inch until it split. Better find a dull metal blade...
Here is what I cut off. Over 10".
Here is what I cut off. Over 10".
And here is the end result. After sanding the edge and giving it a quick polish.
And here is the end result. After sanding the edge and giving it a quick polish.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Nice clean job, I thought that was a 'before' pic at first. Had to put this up again to compare. It's much better now but still so huge . And that's fine if it keeps you riding
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
Nice clean job, I thought that was a 'before' pic at first. Had to put this up again to compare. It's much better now but still so huge . And that's fine if it keeps you riding
Thanks man! Cut 10 inches off that big mamoo. Used a sharpie and bungie cord to draw the arc, then finished it up with the orbital to smoothen the arc, then a quick hand sanding. And I'm happy with how the mounts came out - so much so I even mounted the right hand mirror too.
@fatbear5 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1977 P200, 1980 P200

Molto Verboso
@fatbear5 avatar
1977 P200, 1980 P200
UTC quote
That looks SO much better! Good job on the cutdown!
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Haven't done much on Ruby, except ride almost daily into town! I did change the gear oil and JBWelded these magnets onto the oil drain and oil filler plugs. We'll see if they catch anything floating around in there.
The plugs with the magnets on the end.
The plugs with the magnets on the end.
Bag-o-magnets
Bag-o-magnets
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
@jimvonbaden avatar
UTC

Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)

Hooked
@jimvonbaden avatar
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
UTC quote
Re: Reflection
qascooter wrote:
So I striped Ruby with black reflective vinyl. It's black stripes during the day, but when the light hits it, it reflects quite bright!
I've used that on my MC for years. Good stuff.

UTC

Hooked
PX 150 and GTS 300 HPE Super Tech

Hooked
PX 150 and GTS 300 HPE Super Tech
UTC quote
qascooter wrote:
Haven't done much on Ruby, except ride almost daily into town! I did change the gear oil and JBWelded these magnets onto the oil drain and oil filler plugs. We'll see if they catch anything floating around in there.
I am a big fan of JB Weld, especially the longer setting original formula which is so strong when it dries. That said, if one of these magnets breaks free and is loose in your gearbox, it could be catastrophic. I'm not sure it is worth the risk, especially since it takes about 5 minutes to change the gearcase oil and you can do it often if you wish.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Re: Reflection
JimVonBaden wrote:
qascooter wrote:
I've used that on my MC for years. Good stuff.

Looks Good JVB! Tastefully done, but noticeable.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
apex wrote:
qascooter wrote:
I am a big fan of JB Weld, especially the longer setting original formula which is so strong when it dries. That said, if one of these magnets breaks free and is loose in your gearbox, it could be catastrophic. I'm not sure it is worth the risk, especially since it takes about 5 minutes to change the gearcase oil and you can do it often if you wish.
Good point Apex! I've thought the same thing since I've done this. Maybe next time I change the gear oil I'll remove them, or at least try!
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC quote
I've been using small magnets on end of my drain plugs for years with no problem but maybe I'm just lucky. Razz emoticon

Running these things does generate bits of steel after a while I assure you. I've wiped it off the magnet and had a close look. I don't want that going through my bearings. If you're that worried, get the magnets w/ a small hole thru them and drill & tap a small hole in your drain plug to screw it on.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
I've been using small magnets on end of my drain plugs for years with no problem but maybe I'm just lucky. Razz emoticon
Thanks Voodoo - next time I drain my oil I'll check closely. Good to know yours are holding strong.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Coast Ride
So today Ruby took me up the coast to a little town called Yachats to see my friend Ray. And to have a beautiful drive on the coast. 322 degrees fighting a headwind going uphill. That's as hot as it got. 280 was pretty much norm. She ran fantastic!

Then I stopped and had a Noodle Bowl from the box truck. A good day - a very good day!
Me and my friend Ray
Me and my friend Ray
Ruby and Haceta Head light house in the background. Apparently, this light house is the most photographed on the west coast.
Ruby and Haceta Head light house in the background. Apparently, this light house is the most photographed on the west coast.
The view of the beach just north of Florence.
The view of the beach just north of Florence.
Lunch!
Lunch!
My wife bought me a duck with a helmet that matches Ruby. I haven't found a good place for it yet so it hangs out in the dead piston...
My wife bought me a duck with a helmet that matches Ruby. I haven't found a good place for it yet so it hangs out in the dead piston...
@hibbert avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa

Molto Verboso
@hibbert avatar
Vespa
UTC quote
wow wow wow qascooter you live in a pretty State! Been up there a few times fishing and had a great time! Great pics thanks for taking us to the Pacific Northwest!
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
hibbert wrote:
wow wow wow qascooter you live in a pretty State! Been up there a few times fishing and had a great time! Great pics thanks for taking us to the Pacific Northwest!
Thanks Hibbert! My pleasure. It is fantastic riding around here, for sure! My brother is an avid fisherman and he's come up here a few times to go salmon fishing.

So today I put on a performance exhaust from ScooterMercato. http://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Exhaust/SR-Pipe-200

I swapped the main jet to 122 from 120. I've been running the 120MJ because I drilled out the butterfly in the filter. Drilling out the airfilter and upping the Main Jet is the only thing I've done to this engine. Oh, I did change the oil. Razz emoticon

I'll take it out tomorrow and see how she does....
Old vs New
Old vs New
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
qascooter wrote:
hibbert wrote:
Thanks Hibbert! My pleasure. It is fantastic riding around here, for sure! My brother is an avid fisherman and he's come up here a few times to go salmon fishing.

So today I put on a performance exhaust from ScooterMercato. http://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Exhaust/SR-Pipe-200

I swapped the main jet to 122 from 120. I've been running the 120MJ because I drilled out the butterfly in the filter. Drilling out the airfilter and upping the Main Jet is the only thing I've done to this engine. Oh, I did change the oil. Razz emoticon

I'll take it out tomorrow and see how she does....
I'm not too familiar with the SR-Pipe, but it looks revvier than a Sito+. If that's the case, i'd start out with a 128 main, then work your way down.

*note- i run a 128 main in my Sito+ powered stock 200.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
whodatschrome wrote:
I'm not too familiar with the SR-Pipe, but it looks revvier than a Sito+. If that's the case, i'd start out with a 128 main, then work your way down.

*note- i run a 128 main in my Sito+ powered stock 200.
Yikes - I'll put a 128 in tomorrow before I run it into town. Thank you for the heads up!!!!
⬆️    About 6 months elapsed    ⬇️
@frank_n_stein avatar
UTC

Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5

Hooked
@frank_n_stein avatar
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
UTC quote
RoaringTodd wrote:
Frank N. Stein wrote:
Great colorway! I've been looking for a burgundy P2 for a long time, and since those were only available in the late '70s (-early '80s maybe?), most of them have been repainted or retired since, it seems..

There was a beautiful picture published in Playboy (I was only reading it for the articles, honest ) in the early '90s, with a playmate straddling a burgundy P like yours. I think the plate was a California yellow on blue, but I can't be sure. I'd love to find it again, but a google image search turnout out fruitless
Pics or it didn't happen.
Here you go! I would have posted the pic where she straddles it, which has been stamped in my brain ever since, but I'm not sure the moderator(s) would tolerate that amount of skin Nerd emoticon
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Stator Rewire
Thanks for the pic Frank

Good ole Ruby has been running great, except for a slight four stroking down low. I've cleaned the carb many times, ultrasonic cleaner, etc. Changed jets - and the next thing will be the entire carb.

But I was realizing that I haven't done anything to the wiring or engine - and nobody before me has either! So I figured that after 41 years it's time for some preventative maintenance, like a stator rewire.
Connector block before...
Connector block before...
Rewiring in the dining room - checked the resistance beforehand to ensure the coils were good before starting.
Rewiring in the dining room - checked the resistance beforehand to ensure the coils were good before starting.
The insulation was just falling off at the slightest touch...
The insulation was just falling off at the slightest touch...
Cleaned up the connector block, new wires and dielectric grease for all...
Cleaned up the connector block, new wires and dielectric grease for all...
Wiring all cleaned up and reinstalled
Wiring all cleaned up and reinstalled
Now to take care of 41 years of grime in the air cooling passage. Kerosene, plastic scraper, and lots of scrubbing...
Now to take care of 41 years of grime in the air cooling passage. Kerosene, plastic scraper, and lots of scrubbing...
Much better - not Vader clean, but good enough for me...
Much better - not Vader clean, but good enough for me...
All buttoned up and ready to roll!
All buttoned up and ready to roll!
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
UTC quote
Great job. Always makes you love your ride even more when you do something like that to improve it. Above and beyond.
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Thanks Swiss. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, and there is always that thought in the back of your head - did the wiring fry - while you're sitting on the side of the road...
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
UTC quote
Love your work Scott... clean and careful. Vader's definitely up there smiling.
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Oh man, I just saw this SCG - I think my eyes got misty., or maybe it was the fog from today's ride. Either way, thanks - much appreciated.

So today I took Ruby out for a quick ride 30 miles up to Yachats, in the Oregon Coastal Mist. I had to capitalize that cause it is a thing unto itself. By the time I got home everything is coated in a fine mist of ionized ocean air.

And today the ocean was rowdy - lots of brown foam frothing and big breakers rolling in. It was awesome.

Kind of a last minute decision. I had a couple of hours and decided to blow off all the stuff that needs to get done, and ride baby, ride. I stopped at my favorite coffee shack, The Green Salmon. It's the first time I've been there since Covid. Man, the place has changed. Anyway, all the good goodies were gone but I managed to get a Cinnamon Star pastry and a mocha coffee to go. Then went and sat on my favorite bench to watch the best show on a stormy day - the Mighty Pacific crashing on the basalt...There is a blowhole that sprays across the road - A great show and view while I ate my treat and drank the coffee.

Then rode home like the wind Ruby never disappoints.
The bench just south of Yachats. The blowhole is active.
The bench just south of Yachats. The blowhole is active.
Such a sweet ride!
Such a sweet ride!
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
UTC quote
Like an English summer's day.
🙂
Looks like it was a mighty fine cup of coffee and a most excellent ride.
Thanks for posting up a few pics and sharing.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1281s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0422s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]