OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
First of all: these guys and gals know how to do this thing.

As I've reported earlier: My old dealer essentially handed over their Vespa/Piaggio dealership to Indian of Monmouth, which then rapidly worked to establish its Vespa-ized status in the area by announcing a Grand Opening, which happened today. Funny thing is, the first time I walked into the place after they sealed the deal with Piaggio, they hadn't gotten the bikes into the not-quite-finished showroom for them (I got there just an hour after they were rolled off the truck) when they actually sold a few. (How come my old dealer couldn't do this? It's a bit complex, but sorta not complex.)

There was really good food, care of a local Italian restaurant, a local old-school barber offering seriously good straight-razor wetshaves. (I was first to get one - sooo good.) A spot of wine.

The top brass of Piaggio North America were there, and I peppered them with some pointed questions, such as: the dealer situation in the U.S. (They acknowledged the issue, and said they were working to rectify it; there are more intricate details, but it's late, and I'm a bit droopy-eyed as it is...more later); What the deal was with the passing-out of ESS suspension on current models (only got a chance to ask PNA's President, who told me he wasn't sure, and I didn't get the impression he was feeding me a line); Would they make a return visit to the dealership? (Yes.)

I got to meet up with many of those up-till-now elusive Vespisti in the nabe, including the creators of the Jersey Shore Chaos Crew Scooter Club (check 'em out on Facebook), plus a mix of Indian and Harley guys. Weather was near-perfect, and I daresay a pleasant time was had by all.

The only bad news? None of the "special" Vespas made it here. In fact, every Vespa in the joint, save for a Primavera and GTS300, was spoken for by the time I got set to leave. (They already have an order list as long as your arm, apparently.) I obviously can't speak for anyplace else, but happy-ish days are certainly here.
The Big Cheese of Piaggio N.A.
The Big Cheese of Piaggio N.A.
The now-finished showroom.
The now-finished showroom.
Another showroom view
Another showroom view
There's a story behind the PX in the foreground; details soon.
There's a story behind the PX in the foreground; details soon.
Bobby & Tara of the Chaos Crew.
Bobby & Tara of the Chaos Crew.
Overview of main showroom.
Overview of main showroom.
"Yes, almost every day. No jokes about my right hand, okay?"
"Yes, almost every day. No jokes about my right hand, okay?"
⚠️ Last edited by amateriat on UTC; edited 4 times
@roaringtodd avatar
UTC

Hooked
'04 Stella 2T GB150 '15 Genuine Roughhouse 50 '17 Kawasaki Versys 650

Hooked
@roaringtodd avatar
'04 Stella 2T GB150 '15 Genuine Roughhouse 50 '17 Kawasaki Versys 650
UTC quote
Congratulations to all! Looks like a great shop.
UTC

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300
UTC quote
It's nice to hear of a successful opening for a change.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Excellent news! Thanks for posting.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0100s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0023s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]