UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 50 2t 2013

Lurker
@qral avatar
Vespa LX 50 2t 2013
UTC quote
Hello,
sometimes around 8k my engine was seized - dunno why - anyway it was replaced and one taxi driver told me that something fell off the scooter during ride - I found it and its just carb. heating hood.

So now I see that heating tubing is disconnected from carb hood, but its still connected in engine cooling hood.

Can I normally drive it? After it fell off I drove maybe 1 km and parked it.
I dont understand how its sucking air from engine to carb.. - I only know that carb can have some small sucking points, but otherwise it should take clean air from air cleaner box.

Anyway it looks like its just for heating carb - maybe for winter times? Here is 33˚C now so I dont think its necessary. My servis has vacation now so asking here

Any information about this will be helpful - could not google it like everybody is using and discussing 4 strokes now
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@everytimeidom avatar
UTC

Hooked
2003 ET2 (SOLD); 2004 GT200

Hooked
@everytimeidom avatar
2003 ET2 (SOLD); 2004 GT200
UTC quote
My carb heating tube doesn't connect to my carb or any heating hood. It just lays there next to the carb like in your picture. I've never had a problem. I wasn't even aware there was supposed to be a heating hood!
@franknbrew avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 LX 50

Addicted
@franknbrew avatar
2006 LX 50
OP
@qral avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 50 2t 2013

Lurker
@qral avatar
Vespa LX 50 2t 2013
UTC quote
Thanks guys! I will take her on the ride tomorrow then

Interesting that I'm not the only one who is missing the hood over the carb. After my 1st service (1000 km) I saw that mechanic just tear the hood down like they dont care what is it for. :/
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0136s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0073s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]