OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
I recently bought a 2008 Vespa GTS 250ie that needs a little TLC. I am looking for a reliable mechanic in the Hunterdon/Readington area in New Jersey. After calling Vespa in Metuchen they do not even touch anything older than 10 years old..... I would appreciate your input and recommendation. Thank you in advance.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
I'm not from that area and can't recommend anyone, but lookup if there's any motorcycle or scooter club nearby. If you joined one, there's always members that wrench and will be happy to help a fellow member. Just a possibility if you can't find a mechanic.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Thank you Vintage1. Great idea....
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Re: Mechanic in NJ
aramburo wrote:
I recently bought a 2008 Vespa GTS 250ie that needs a little TLC. I am looking for a reliable mechanic in the Hunterdon/Readington area in New Jersey. After calling Vespa in Metuchen they do not even touch anything older than 10 years old..... I would appreciate your input and recommendation. Thank you in advance.
Huh.
That 2008 has basically the same equipment as the current models.
Fuel injection, two tires, etc. Razz emoticon
I have to wonder what's so scary about a 10 year old scooter...?
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Me too. They may want to increase sales?
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
Joined: UTC
Posts: 752
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
 
Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
Joined: UTC
Posts: 752
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
UTC quote
What kind of work does it need? I have a great mechanic in Hackettstown that works on all my scooters.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Hackettstown is far from where I am. The scooter hasn't been used for 2+ years and at this point I don't know what it may need..... Thank you Mopedlar
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
Joined: UTC
Posts: 752
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
 
Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
Joined: UTC
Posts: 752
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
UTC quote
Have you tried John's Cycle on Rt. 22 in Whitehouse?
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 29304
 
World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 29304
UTC quote
Aloha and welcome to the forum from Hawaii. WTH they won't work on a 10yr old bike! They certainly don't think very highly of the scooters they sell. Wha? emoticon I have 49,500 miles on my '07 Lx150. Wonder what they'd think of that. With their attitude i wouldn't let them near my scooter. Best to find another mechanic to work on your scoot.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Used to work at a motorcycle dealer and I understand. Manufactures only have to make parts for a 10 year supply, after that they don't have to support their product. So parts start getting to the point you can't get everything after that 10 year period.

Dealers don't want to have a bike in pieces, only to find out they can't put it back together because they can't get a part anymore.
Back in the 80's we had the same policy and 10 years was the cut off then too.
So at that point you find in independent that may still work on it.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Used to work at a motorcycle dealer and I understand. Manufactures only have to make parts for a 10 year supply, after that they don't have to support their product. So parts start getting to the point you can't get everything after that 10 year period.

Dealers don't want to have a bike in pieces, only to find out they can't put it back together because they can't get a part anymore.
Back in the 80's we had the same policy and 10 years was the cut off then too.
So at that point you find in independent that may still work on it.
Not even preventive maintenance?
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Used to work at a motorcycle dealer and I understand. Manufactures only have to make parts for a 10 year supply, after that they don't have to support their product. So parts start getting to the point you can't get everything after that 10 year period.

Dealers don't want to have a bike in pieces, only to find out they can't put it back together because they can't get a part anymore.
Back in the 80's we had the same policy and 10 years was the cut off then too.
So at that point you find in independent that may still work on it.
Not even preventive maintenance?
We would do oil changes, might do valve adjustments, but would make sure gasket was still available first or shims if they were used.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Hi Mopedlar... I have not tried John's Cycle on Rt. 22 in Whitehouse. Should I? Where did you get your recommendation? I will stop by to see what they have to say... Thanks again
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
Joined: UTC
Posts: 752
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
 
Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
Joined: UTC
Posts: 752
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
UTC quote
John's Cycle has been in business at the same location for decades, so they must be doing something right. I've bought parts from John on many occasions over the years, but I've never actually had any work done there. I can tell you that John and his son are extremely knowledgeable. I'm sure that reviving your bike should be right up their wheelhouse. It doesn't hurt to stop by their shop and see what they have to say. Good luck!
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Mopedlar wrote:
John's Cycle has been in business at the same location for decades, so they must be doing something right. I've bought parts from John on many occasions over the years, but I've never actually had any work done there. I can tell you that John and his son are extremely knowledgeable. I'm sure that reviving your bike should be right up their wheelhouse. It doesn't hurt to stop by their shop and see what they have to say. Good luck!
I will and will let you know. Thanks
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
Aramburo, you also can use the search feature here, there's been many threads started by owners who are taking a scooter out of storage or have bought a scooter that hasn't been ridden by previous owner in years and asked 'what do I need to do?' and we here have given our opinions.

If you have basic wrenching abilities and some tools, you can then decide what you can and maybe want to tackle yourself and also get help how to do it in the "wiki" section here.

Even if you don't do anything yourself, read the old threads on the subject first, to get an idea what may need to be done, before you hand it over to a mechanic and give him carte blanche to do whatever he feels should be done, to avoid paying for things you don't need or don't want to have done.
@bald_wasp avatar
UTC

Addicted
Kymco People 150 (sold), Suzuki TU 250 (sold), 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1003
Location: NJ
 
Addicted
@bald_wasp avatar
Kymco People 150 (sold), Suzuki TU 250 (sold), 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1003
Location: NJ
UTC quote
Metuchen services my '06 GTS. Not sure who you talked to but they'll take your money. There's a shop in Roselle Park that I use for simple stuff, JDS Cycle. They're not bad and their labor rate is $88/hr, as opposed to $100/hr at Metuchen. What are you looking to do?

w.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
aramburo wrote:
Me too. They may want to increase sales?
I think you may have nailed it. I have heard this before, that some scooter (and motorcycle) dealers have refused to work on ones more than 10 years old. I can *almost* see it with regard to motorcycles since I believe their technology evolves faster than scooters do, and maybe their mechanics haven't been trained on the much older bikes ?? But how much of a challenge is it for a mechanic to work on a 2008 model year scooter?
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Vintage1 wrote:
aramburo wrote:
Me too. They may want to increase sales?
I think you may have nailed it. I have heard this before, that some scooter (and motorcycle) dealers have refused to work on ones more than 10 years old. I can *almost* see it with regard to motorcycles since I believe their technology evolves faster than scooters do, and maybe their mechanics haven't been trained on the much older bikes ?? But how much of a challenge is it for a mechanic to work on a 2008 model year scooter?
It all comes down to manufactures parts supplies.
@bald_wasp avatar
UTC

Addicted
Kymco People 150 (sold), Suzuki TU 250 (sold), 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1003
Location: NJ
 
Addicted
@bald_wasp avatar
Kymco People 150 (sold), Suzuki TU 250 (sold), 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1003
Location: NJ
UTC quote
These guys are on 202 south in Three Brdiges. Bought my Kymco there. They can probably help you out.

https://www.burgersmotorcycles.com/

w.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
aramburo wrote:
Me too. They may want to increase sales?
I think you may have nailed it. I have heard this before, that some scooter (and motorcycle) dealers have refused to work on ones more than 10 years old. I can *almost* see it with regard to motorcycles since I believe their technology evolves faster than scooters do, and maybe their mechanics haven't been trained on the much older bikes ?? But how much of a challenge is it for a mechanic to work on a 2008 model year scooter?
It all comes down to manufactures parts supplies.
Since he just needs some TLC and not a major repair, it's stupid for the dealer to say they won't work on them at all. He's not asking for a restoration of a 1956 model fer cryin out loud. They can easily find filters, oils, and tires and do adjustments. So do those jobs with the caveat that if they find it needs certain parts, you may be out of luck.

Seems silly to just utter a blanket "No" before you find out what the customer wants done.
Makes me wonder if it's on orders from Piaggio corporate to increase new sales
After all, they can still make several hundred $$$ on jobs like that. No wonder dealerships are going under at such a rate.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
Vintage1 wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
aramburo wrote:
Me too. They may want to increase sales?
I think you may have nailed it. I have heard this before, that some scooter (and motorcycle) dealers have refused to work on ones more than 10 years old. I can *almost* see it with regard to motorcycles since I believe their technology evolves faster than scooters do, and maybe their mechanics haven't been trained on the much older bikes ?? But how much of a challenge is it for a mechanic to work on a 2008 model year scooter?
It all comes down to manufactures parts supplies.
Since he just needs some TLC and not a major repair, it's stupid for the dealer to say they won't work on them at all. He's not asking for a restoration of a 1956 model fer cryin out loud. They can easily find filters, oils, and tires and do adjustments. So do those jobs with the caveat that if they find it needs certain parts, you may be out of luck.

Seems silly to just utter a blanket "No" before you find out what the customer wants done.
Makes me wonder if it's on orders from Piaggio corporate to increase new sales
After all, they can still make several hundred $$$ on jobs like that. No wonder dealerships are going under at such a rate.
It's not that easy.
So you take that one bike, then someone else sees that bike there and says, "What the hell, that is older than 10 years." It's called set a precedent.
Worked at a motorcycle/boat/camper dealer,
"We don't work on ANYTHING over ten years old, NO exceptions!"
is what the sign said on the door to service.
We had to much to do working on the new stuff, didn't need the head ache.
Worked as a machanic and in the parts dept at that dealer. There is a reason for that policy at dealers.
Go work in a seasonal dealership parts dept for a season and you will understand. It is total chaos for 3-4 months, then just dead for 6-8 months.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
 
Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2038
Location: North Jersey
UTC quote
Dumb policy when the workers are just sitting around and they all stare at you as you (the customer) walks into their area. I've seen that too, so there's no 'one size fits all' answer to this. Like I said, with dealers going out of business seemingly at least every week, why not make some dough if you can, at least during the slow months? And there's no "setting a precedent". If it's slow, take the work.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
aramburo wrote:
Me too. They may want to increase sales?
I think you may have nailed it. I have heard this before, that some scooter (and motorcycle) dealers have refused to work on ones more than 10 years old. I can *almost* see it with regard to motorcycles since I believe their technology evolves faster than scooters do, and maybe their mechanics haven't been trained on the much older bikes ?? But how much of a challenge is it for a mechanic to work on a 2008 model year scooter?
It all comes down to manufactures parts supplies.
Since he just needs some TLC and not a major repair, it's stupid for the dealer to say they won't work on them at all. He's not asking for a restoration of a 1956 model fer cryin out loud. They can easily find filters, oils, and tires and do adjustments. So do those jobs with the caveat that if they find it needs certain parts, you may be out of luck.

Seems silly to just utter a blanket "No" before you find out what the customer wants done.
Makes me wonder if it's on orders from Piaggio corporate to increase new sales
After all, they can still make several hundred $$$ on jobs like that. No wonder dealerships are going under at such a rate.
It's not that easy.
So you take that one bike, then someone else sees that bike there and says, "What the hell, that is older than 10 years." It's called set a precedent.
Worked at a motorcycle/boat/camper dealer,
"We don't work on ANYTHING over ten years old, NO exceptions!"
is what the sign said on the door to service.
We had to much to do working on the new stuff, didn't need the head ache.
Worked as a machanic and in the parts dept at that dealer. There is a reason for that policy at dealers.
Go work in a seasonal dealership parts dept for a season and you will understand. It is total chaos for 3-4 months, then just dead for 6-8 months.
I am sure that if I bought the scooter at their dealer and serviced it there, even if it was over 10 years ago, they will still take it, but not from someone that they just met. Besides, there is not "much" difference between 2008 GTS and 2018... Hence the "Modern Vespa" vs vintage classification.... It is all about the business.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Bald Wasp wrote:
Metuchen services my '06 GTS. Not sure who you talked to but they'll take your money. There's a shop in Roselle Park that I use for simple stuff, JDS Cycle. They're not bad and their labor rate is $88/hr, as opposed to $100/hr at Metuchen. What are you looking to do?

w.
By the way, Metuchen Parts, great people. I called them and they were very helpful.... Ordered some parts from them an no issues.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Bald Wasp wrote:
These guys are on 202 south in Three Brdiges. Bought my Kymco there. They can probably help you out.

https://www.burgersmotorcycles.com/

w.
I will stop by and ask them about servicing Vespas... Thank you for your recommendation
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
Vintage1 wrote:
Dumb policy when the workers are just sitting around and they all stare at you as you (the customer) walks into their area. I've seen that too, so there's no 'one size fits all' answer to this. Like I said, with dealers going out of business seemingly at least every week, why not make some dough if you can, at least during the slow months? And there's no "setting a precedent". If it's slow, take the work.
Automation, Automation. That's where we are headed...... Order online. If broken replace it, don't fix it.......They don't even look at the cars, bikes anymore plug it, scan it, replace it....... No dirty hands anymore
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4129
Location: Kingdom of Lanna
 
Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4129
Location: Kingdom of Lanna
UTC quote
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8951
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
UTC quote
aramburo wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
Dumb policy when the workers are just sitting around and they all stare at you as you (the customer) walks into their area. I've seen that too, so there's no 'one size fits all' answer to this. Like I said, with dealers going out of business seemingly at least every week, why not make some dough if you can, at least during the slow months? And there's no "setting a precedent". If it's slow, take the work.
Automation, Automation. That's where we are headed...... Order online. If broken replace it, don't fix it.......They don't even look at the cars, bikes anymore plug it, scan it, replace it....... No dirty hands anymore
Not that easy. There can be test procedure that are 2 pages long. If you're going to a shop that is js swapping parts the computer points to you are replacing goods parts. The error codes tell you what test to do, not what part to replace.
OP
UTC

Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
 
Member
GTS 205ie 2008
Joined: UTC
Posts: 21
Location: Whitehouse NJ
UTC quote
aramburo wrote:
Mopedlar wrote:
John's Cycle has been in business at the same location for decades, so they must be doing something right. I've bought parts from John on many occasions over the years, but I've never actually had any work done there. I can tell you that John and his son are extremely knowledgeable. I'm sure that reviving your bike should be right up their wheelhouse. It doesn't hurt to stop by their shop and see what they have to say. Good luck!
I will and will let you know. Thanks
I went and they are willing to take a look..... Some eyebrows were raised when I mentioned "vespa"..... We agreed that now it is very busy time and that September will be a better to check and work on it, so I will wait.... Thanks again.....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0158s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0088s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]