@jridg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Piaggio BV 250

Ossessionato
@jridg avatar
Piaggio BV 250
UTC quote
iPhone price drop - 8GB now only $399 - makes me think there is a 16GB model coming SOOOON

Love the new iPod touch - looks awesome!

I like apple too - and I'm happy
UTC

Molto Verboso
Black 2007 LX 150, Crhome Kit, Flyscreen...more to come...

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Wife's new macbook pro enroute. Can't wait! She gets that sadly and knows I'll steal it to record music on. I get stuck with the 700 mhz iBook but at least I'll be able to load more of my music on it!
OP
UTC

Hooked
Aprilia Mojito 125

Hooked
Aprilia Mojito 125
UTC quote
Hey
Why is it people who like apple like scooters lol. PS i did not mean to hijack ipod touch thing i tried to post in it and im that slow i started my own post lol
@jridg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Piaggio BV 250

Ossessionato
@jridg avatar
Piaggio BV 250
UTC quote
Something about style.......
@badpenguin avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vroomy Vroomerson!

Addicted
@badpenguin avatar
Vroomy Vroomerson!
UTC quote
Re: Hey
Emmetirish wrote:
Why is it people who like apple like scooters lol. PS i did not mean to hijack ipod touch thing i tried to post in it and im that slow i started my own post lol
I don't know...I hate apple, but I love scooters.
@petrol avatar
UTC

Addicted
Super Fast!

Addicted
@petrol avatar
Super Fast!
UTC quote
Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon <----- All the people who waited in line to buy the iphone that didnt sell out and had glitches and then price dropped

Im getting the tingle to go buy one now. I've been waiting to get a blackberry but.......

Believe it or not, I just played around with a Apple computer for the very first time this past Tuesday. It was pretty cool. I could see checking out the Apple store next time I buy a computer
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Former Apple Employee slant on the company:

Apple is not the end all be all of the computer world. It is a viable alternative that has it's own unique quirks. Depending on your needs, it might be a marginal difference between a PC & a Mac.

Example:
Surf internet, log onto forums to post replies or check email. Use a writing program, spread sheet/database program...etc. BASIC functions there's not much difference except in price*

More advanced applications...it depends on what the software/needs are.

*in the end over the lifespan of each machine (pc or mac) you pay around the same amount of money.

Mac's you typically pay more upfront with minimal upgrades down the line.
PC's you pay less up front and spend more down the line upgrading.

The rest of why I like/prefer an Apple over a PC are nominal. Form, function and design are part of that equation but what I've liked is that my wife and I have used the same machine since 2001. We've had minimal investment in upgrading RAM/Software and a new battery with minimal headaches/issues with the machine.

She's buying a new machine that honestly offers more than what we need/will use it for but has the expandability down the line (2 or 3 years from now) to again help us use it for possibly upto another 5 years.

Computers are tools to help you get things done. That's all. Pick your pony and go with it.
OP
UTC

Hooked
Aprilia Mojito 125

Hooked
Aprilia Mojito 125
UTC quote
hey
One beef i have is i ahve bought all my apple thing s in the states and you guys get em far cheaper.
@scootninja avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 Piaggio Fly150, 2008 Triumph StreetTriple

Hooked
@scootninja avatar
2006 Piaggio Fly150, 2008 Triumph StreetTriple
UTC quote
The main difference is that Apple (under Jobs, anyway) has always seemed to put users first, whilst Microsoft's focus has generally been on institutional constituencies' interests the most, ie: Windows and their other software appeals to IT department heads -- end users are given little say in the matter, the Zune's true focus is on what the music industry wants, not music lovers.

Jobs and Co. labor over tiny details that the rest of the industry finds superfluous in everything they do until it all "just works," and it usually shows.

Do they get things wrong sometimes? Yes.
A lot of people complain about niggling details of Apple products all the time, as do I.
But at the end of the day, as one who has a choice of which computer to buy and use, I prefer my Macs overall by a wide margin, and it's mostly because of those little intangibles that are greater than the sum of its parts.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0233s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0027s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]