@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Bill Dog wrote:
Yes but even if you were a transgender from a male to a female you'd still use that prefix.

Or would you ?

Bill x

What's cisgender ?
It's got to be one of my favourite words. It simply means I was born male, I associate with being male and am attracted to females.

https://en.wikipedia.org wiki Cisgender
Cisgender (sometimes cissexual, often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Re: Blast
Bill Dog wrote:
Yes but even if you were a transgender from a male to a female you'd still use that prefix.

Or would you ?

Bill x

What's cisgender ?
"adjective
adjective: cisgender; adjective: cis-gender; adjective: cisgendered; adjective: cis-gendered

denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex."

Google is your friend.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
Such
So Normal or Standard then ?

Got it.

Bill x
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Or would you ?

Bill x

What's cisgender ?
It's got to be one of my favourite words. It simply means I was born male, I associate with being male and am attracted to females.

Cisgender (sometimes cissexual, often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender.
Whoa there buck-a-roo Assigned at birth? That doesn't appear to be how it works now. You choose your gender at some point in life then you are one of over 250 different genders that you choose.
I think the stork is out of the pic now too, I understand FedEx and UPS now have that contract.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Give
Slaps own forehead with palm.

Bill x
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Re: Such
Bill Dog wrote:
So Normal or Standard then ?

Got it.

Bill x
Yup. It just one of those words that doesn't mean what you think it means when you first hear it.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Bins
I'm cisgender and I didn't even know it.

But speaking as a woman......

Bill x
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Or would you ?

Bill x

What's cisgender ?

Whoa there buck-a-roo Assigned at birth? That doesn't appear to be how it works now. You choose your gender at some point in life then you are one of over 250 different genders that you choose.
I think the stork is out of the pic now too, I understand FedEx and UPS now have that contract.
Assigned at birth just basically means whatever the DR says you are when you were born and what it on your birth certificate. Yeah it's gotten a little wieird but to be perfectly honest I could give 2 shits what someone associates with as long as they are a good person.

What I have problem with is parents that experiment with their kids. We have one family here that did that and I've actually seen them out shopping etc. It's a little strange.... Just Google "Baby Storm"

https://www.yummymummyclub.ca/blogs/mummy-buzz/20160711/whatever-happened-to-gender-neutral-baby-storm
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Assigned at birth just basically means whatever the DR says you are when you were born and what it on your birth certificate. Yeah it's gotten a little wieird but to be perfectly honest I could give 2 shits what someone associates with as long as they are a good person.
That's where the issue comes in. I called a young lady Mam the other day and got yelled at for assuming their gender
I walked away really confused
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Off
It's often surprised me when parents can't see the damage they do to their children when they give them "original" names.

Bill x
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Big
Was the Lady and Man or were you assuming she was a woman because she looked like a woman ?

Bill x
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Re: Big
Bill Dog wrote:
Was the Lady and Man or were you assuming she was a woman because she looked like a woman ?

Bill x
Did she walk like a woman and talk like a man?

Now I gotta listen to that song and then maybe some walk on the wild side...

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Re: Off
Bill Dog wrote:
It's often surprised me when parents can't see the damage they do to their children when they give them "original" names.

Bill x
You wouldn't want the name JoDeeDoBeGood ?
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Re: Big
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
She was a very very cute woman, or I have turned gay because I wanted to marry her
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
I'm actually going to see Dweezil Zappa in March. I'm doing it as a company event... Our chase the winter blahs outing. His name be strange but he is one hell of a guitarist.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Re: Small
Harbinger wrote:
Speaking as a cisgender male I feel your pain.
But you've got such a girly screen name...

@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
I'm actually going to see Dweezil Zappa in March. I'm doing it as a company event... Our chase the winter blahs outing. His name be strange but he is one hell of a guitarist.
Please hire me I want to go too
Do you need any data center techs in the Ashburn Va area. Data Center central here.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Scatter
Right I'm a little confused. I'd like to think that I respect woman to chose any career that she chooses but I am drawn to watching music video's where ladies will shake that booty.

What should I do ?

Bill x
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Bill Dog wrote:
watching music video's where ladies will shake that booty.

What should I do ?
We really need examples if we're going to try to help you out of this dilemma.
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
Did she walk like a woman and talk like a man?

Now I gotta listen to that song and then maybe some walk on the wild side...

I think "walk like a woman but talks like a man" was Lola by the Kinks....

But maybe is was just something else..... who knows nowadays.

I was at a Pride event a few years ago and had a nice conversation with a high pitch voiced guy about dogs (I was there with a dog rescue). Dude was transgender but what difference did it make? He liked dogs, and wanted to adopt one.

My l
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
My line with this gender stuff is that I don't have to understand it, I just have to respect the life you're living... viva la liberte!
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Larrytsg wrote:
My line with this gender stuff is that I don't have to understand it, I just have to respect the life you're living... viva la liberte!
But I can't remember that many genders
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Decision
I'll throw this out there.

If you're nothing special then going transgender makes you someone interesting or at least worth talking about.

As an attention seeking device it's pretty drastic but an effective one.

The thing that puzzles me is how do you know that you want to be a woman if you've never been one ?

Is it because the alternatives are limited ?

Maybe it's just an attempt at elevation when you know you're just a very confused average person.

Bill x
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Yup!
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
Facepalm emoticon

Wow. Just wow.

@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Re: The plot thickens....
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Max6201 wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Spoke with my daughter. From what I can make out he's quite likely wearing something more like a Wehrmacht uniform with Iron Cross, etc. Regardless he's known as "the Nazi." Apparently he also caries a framed portrait of a Soviet era figure on his person. Sounds more weird than dangerous.

Probably a lot more sketchy figures lurking around out of uniform. Nerd emoticon
What a small world we live in. I have been called the Nazi before. Mainly because I'm from South America and people think that South America is Argentina.
Portuguese-speaking Nazis? Hmm...

Yeah, I'd heard Argentina was a bit more German after the war.... Nerd emoticon

BTW, principal called me back to explain what was up...and my stupid cell phone failed to let me know I had messages, so only following up today. Looks like another round of phone tag.
I hear you can get good sausage and schnitzel in Argentina. The military didn't seem to gain much though when Great Britain spanked them not all that long ago and proved payback is a bitch.

Let us know how the call goes, will ya?
In Italy it is common opinion that those born in Latina (my city) are predominantly fascist ideologue because in 1932 it was the symbolic city of fascism (it was called Littoria) and still today we are marked by this thing.
Someone still today takes advantage of magnifying to make a kind of "architectural political tourism" because there are many architectural works (also studied in many universities in the world) of a style called functionalist rationalism combined with neo-Roman classicism.
I introduced this argument to say that often the patterns are not the meaning and vice versa, for everything that is discussed ... mmmh ... I do not know if the translation renders the meaning of my words well.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Place
I'll be interested in anything that either confirms or denies my suspicions as I'm pretty ignorant on the subject.

I'm always willing to learn.

Bill x
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Me too, having an open mind helps you survive.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Bonus
I saw a very interesting interview with Germaine Greer the other day and she was talking about transgenderism but more specifically Bruce Jenner's transformation into Katelyn.

Her belief was that previously he had seen the amount of coverage that the rest of the Kardashian's were getting and wanted a bigger slice* of the cupcake so to speak.

How I wish that I had one percent of her level of thinking.

Bill x

* No pun intended.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
May we live in interesting times. It looks we are...

I know no politics here however it is interesting that the impeachment proceedings have really now started in the US. What pisses me off is I know we can't have a civil discussion here about politics . So not going to say thing beyond I find the news interesting.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Fists
I think it's because it will always end up in an argument that no one will win that's why.

It really polarises people and not in a good way.

Bill x
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Re: Fists
Bill Dog wrote:
I think it's because it will always end up in an argument that no one will win that's why.

It really polarises people and not in a good way.

Bill x
Yup, that's pretty much why in a nutshell.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
Or thrive, if you will....
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Attila wrote:
Yes, right ... in my city we are at 50% of recycling ... something is changing here too; everything put together leads to a better quality of life.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Attila wrote:
Yes, right ... in my city we are at 50% of recycling ... something is changing here too; everything put together leads to a better quality of life.
Meh :-\

Yeah we DO need to do our part and every little bit helps but global warming I'm still a little confused on. Back in the 70's it was global cooling we were worried about. The planet has ALWAYS gone through cycles. Still recycling is good and not trashing the planet I'm all for. It's the countries like China and India that are really polluting the planet. We like our stuff though and we like it cheap...
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Fact
The biggest polluting countries in 2019 are

1 China
2 United States
3 European Union
4 India
5 Russia
6 Japan
7 Germany
8 South Korea

Bill x
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Bill Dog wrote:

1 China
2 United States
3 European Union
4 India
5 Russia
6 Japan
7 Germany
8 South Korea

Bill x
But not per capita.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Re: Fact
Bill Dog wrote:

1 China
2 United States
3 European Union
4 India
5 Russia
6 Japan
7 Germany
8 South Korea

Bill x
That is for CO2 though. Look at the water sheds and basic air quality.

And what is the correct CO2 number we should have. No one can say
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Facepalm emoticon

Wow. Just wow.

Yup.
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
As a guy, born as a guy, who has always liked the ladies (modern nomenclature cisgender heterosexual male), I can't fathom wanting to change what I feel strongly about.

But not everyone else is as strongly programmed as the vast majority of us... which leads to searching for your identity. It's probably been done for centuries, but behind closed doors and not publicly discussed.

Somehow the transgender community has been very vocal about their struggle, and in some ways possibly it's misleading as to how many people are truly looking at their identity as not correctly assigned at birth. But at least we're taking their struggle seriously
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0284s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0095s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]