Thu, 18 Oct 2018 01:33:26 +0000

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Joined: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 04:44:45 +0000
Posts: 3851
Location: Kingdom of Lanna
 
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Joined: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 04:44:45 +0000
Posts: 3851
Location: Kingdom of Lanna
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 01:33:26 +0000 quote
RoaringTodd wrote:
Woke up, got out of bed, and immediately squished my bare feet into a pile of fresh doggy shit our new puppy left by my bedside. It's a good thing he's cute.
Now you can name him LEGO and let him sleep in the utility room?
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 04:04:47 +0000

Banned
Roughhouse Sport. Buddy 150(sold)
Joined: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:54:43 +0000
Posts: 1615
Location: The OBX.
 
Banned
Roughhouse Sport. Buddy 150(sold)
Joined: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:54:43 +0000
Posts: 1615
Location: The OBX.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 04:04:47 +0000 quote
Ppl n ths frm wth stck p thr ss.

Lkng t y Jss.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:34:53 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:34:53 +0000 quote
What pisses ne off is people who comment on serious topics with non relevant or supposedly comical statements.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:15:18 +0000




 
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:15:18 +0000
Trotter has been ejected from this topic
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:47:28 +0000

Hooked
'04 Stella 2T GB150 '15 Genuine Roughhouse 50 '17 Kawasaki Versys 650
Joined: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:19:13 +0000
Posts: 355
Location: Philadelphia
 
Hooked
'04 Stella 2T GB150 '15 Genuine Roughhouse 50 '17 Kawasaki Versys 650
Joined: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:19:13 +0000
Posts: 355
Location: Philadelphia
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:47:28 +0000 quote
Picture of the little shit monster. (the one with the red collar)

Wife calls him Wesley.



Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:48:29 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:48:29 +0000 quote
dikeds
Yes cute dog

Waiting for a call from a nurse to see when n where I'm having me 3rd stent fitted .... can't bloody wait 😕

Last edited by T5bitza69 on Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:23:09 +0000; edited 2 times
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:16:13 +0000

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 14:52:36 +0000
Posts: 1817
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 14:52:36 +0000
Posts: 1817
Location: Central New York
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:16:13 +0000 quote
Bitza,

At the risk of getting banned I will not make any comment on your sister

If one of my siblings was having your kind of problems and I had a litter of pups that I knew they might like one sibling would get first choice at no cost! But then that is how we were raised.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:29:28 +0000

Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:22:21 +0000
Posts: 3828
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:22:21 +0000
Posts: 3828
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:29:28 +0000 quote
This is heartbreaking.

I'm not a dog person, but those pups are too cute.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:32:01 +0000

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:32:01 +0000 quote
kshansen wrote:
Bitza,

At the risk of getting banned I will not make any comment on your sister

If one of my siblings was having your kind of problems and I had a litter of pups that I knew they might like one sibling would get first choice at no cost! But then that is how we were raised.
Right?

I'll say it: combine that with her ability to pump out puppies and clearly your sis is a real bitch.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:40:52 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:40:52 +0000 quote
Gone

Last edited by T5bitza69 on Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:20:37 +0000; edited 1 time
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:25:28 +0000

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:25:28 +0000 quote
Re: Hey no need
T5bitza69 wrote:
My sis is not a bitch she's confused .... how would you cope if someone said they're gonna die .... I'm sure she don't wanna leave a dog in a house with one person that'll be at work 10yrs a day
Oh, I was just referring to her ability to birth a litter of pups.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:11:29 +0000

Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 01:22:46 +0000
Posts: 998
Location: West Sacramento, CA
 
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 01:22:46 +0000
Posts: 998
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:11:29 +0000 quote
On my commute home I was graciously informed by the redneck gentleman in the surprisingly NOT white pick up truck that I looked like a Faggot. Or maybe it was a Faggat?! Unsure of the annunciation of this word?!

I tried to let it slide but it rented a LOT of space in my brain and continues to gnaw at me.

Not that I personally care about being called that. I know my orientation and am very comfortable with it (I am a heterosexual CIS male.) It bugs me more that in 2018 that term is hurled out as an insult?!

I'm bugged that this other human is so angry/in pain...something negative that me riding inspired them to hurl this epitaph at me in a negative manner. (I have no problem if you are gay. It honestly doesn't affect me and my world. Go do you Boo!)

It was a two lane road crossing a Bridge. I was an 1/8th of a mile to a quarter mile away from him when I realized what had been shouted at me.

So, when you read this I ask of you to counteract this negative energy by doing a random act of kindness to a stranger. Compliment them on their outfit, hair, shoes, car/bike...whatever. Smile, nod/wave and put some positive energy out there into the universe please.



Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:28:48 +0000

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:28:48 +0000 quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
On my commute home I was graciously informed by the redneck gentleman in the surprisingly NOT white pick up truck that I looked like a Faggot. Or maybe it was a Faggat?! Unsure of the annunciation of this word?!

I tried to let it slide but it rented a LOT of space in my brain and continues to gnaw at me.

Not that I personally care about being called that. I know my orientation and am very comfortable with it (I am a heterosexual CIS male.) It bugs me more that in 2018 that term is hurled out as an insult?!

I'm bugged that this other human is so angry/in pain...something negative that me riding inspired them to hurl this epitaph at me in a negative manner. (I have no problem if you are gay. It honestly doesn't affect me and my world. Go do you Boo!)

It was a two lane road crossing a Bridge. I was an 1/8th of a mile to a quarter mile away from him when I realized what had been shouted at me.

So, when you read this I ask of you to counteract this negative energy by doing a random act of kindness to a stranger. Compliment them on their outfit, hair, shoes, car/bike...whatever. Smile, nod/wave and put some positive energy out there into the universe please.
Will do.

Every now and then I "man up" and listen to AM talk radio for a few minutes, to be reminded that there is a massive universe of angry white men who apparently wake up angry and then spend their commutes listening to other angry white men yelling, every single day, about how much they hate apparently everyone and everything.

Weird. Sad.

Don't let the bastids grind ye down. Your response is awesome.
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:44:59 +0000

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:52:31 +0000
Posts: 4482
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:52:31 +0000
Posts: 4482
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:44:59 +0000 quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
So, when you read this I ask of you to counteract this negative energy by doing a random act of kindness to a stranger. Compliment them on their outfit, hair, shoes, car/bike...whatever. Smile, nod/wave and put some positive energy out there into the universe please.
I'm about to go meet with my group therapy interns who lead, among other things, a therapy group for gay men and one for queer women (everyone's still working on just what exactly "queer" includes).

Thank you for the reminder to put positive energy out into the world. It's good for everyone. I did give a "thank you wave" to drivers who left me room to get by this morning, but I always do that. I'll look for something special and intentional to do today.

I'm a boringly straight, cisgendered, "white", older member of the patriarchy. Can't help it, I was born this way (except for the "older" part).
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:18:45 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:18:45 +0000 quote
Gone

Last edited by T5bitza69 on Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:21:19 +0000; edited 1 time
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:34:36 +0000

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 14:52:36 +0000
Posts: 1817
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 14:52:36 +0000
Posts: 1817
Location: Central New York
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:34:36 +0000 quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
So, when you read this I ask of you to counteract this negative energy by doing a random act of kindness to a stranger. Compliment them on their outfit, hair, shoes, car/bike...whatever. Smile, nod/wave and put some positive energy out there into the universe please.
As hard as it is in a way I have to feel sorry for people like that. I mean how miserable must his life be that the only way to build himself up is to shout crap like that at strangers?

I have a very personal reason I could be mad at the gay community but won't go into details. Let's just say the pain I got was only because of someone else finding true love, hard to feel bad/mad about that!
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:29:32 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:29:32 +0000 quote
Reading about angry white men when the most viscious people i have ever been around are progressive white women most who are upper middle class with little life experiences. We white menmay have a problem, but those women are so very sadly being misinformed. Just gets my goat!
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:44:26 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:46:39 +0000
Posts: 11149
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:46:39 +0000
Posts: 11149
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:44:26 +0000 quote
kshansen wrote:
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
So, when you read this I ask of you to counteract this negative energy by doing a random act of kindness to a stranger. Compliment them on their outfit, hair, shoes, car/bike...whatever. Smile, nod/wave and put some positive energy out there into the universe please.
As hard as it is in a way I have to feel sorry for people like that. I mean how miserable must his life be that the only way to build himself up is to shout crap like that at strangers?

+1 on both counts.

And yeah, it's not exclusive to white men sadly. A lot of people trying to make their sad lives better the wrong way....
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 00:32:59 +0000

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 00:32:59 +0000 quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Reading about angry white men when the most viscious people i have ever been around are progressive white women most who are upper middle class with little life experiences. We white menmay have a problem, but those women are so very sadly being misinformed. Just gets my goat!
Sounds like you have an anger problem.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 02:08:17 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:16:28 +0000
Posts: 8853
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:16:28 +0000
Posts: 8853
Location: Hermit Kingdom
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 02:08:17 +0000 quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
On my commute home I was graciously informed by the redneck gentleman in the surprisingly NOT white pick up truck that I looked like a Faggot.
The correct answer to that is "Wishful thinking".
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 10:02:57 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Fri, 19 Oct 2018 10:02:57 +0000 quote
tdrake wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Reading about angry white men when the most viscious people i have ever been around are progressive white women most who are upper middle class with little life experiences. We white menmay have a problem, but those women are so very sadly being misinformed. Just gets my goat!
Sounds like you have an anger problem. Nope, just look at things realistically from actual observations.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 10:03:37 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Fri, 19 Oct 2018 10:03:37 +0000 quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
tdrake wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Reading about angry white men when the most viscious people i have ever been around are progressive white women most who are upper middle class with little life experiences. We white menmay have a problem, but those women are so very sadly being misinformed. Just gets my goat!
Sounds like you have an anger problem. Nope, just look at things realistically from actual observations.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:46:58 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:46:58 +0000 quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
On my commute home I was graciously informed by the redneck gentleman in the surprisingly NOT white pick up truck that I looked like a Faggot. Or maybe it was a Faggat?! Unsure of the annunciation of this word?!

I tried to let it slide but it rented a LOT of space in my brain and continues to gnaw at me.

Not that I personally care about being called that. I know my orientation and am very comfortable with it (I am a heterosexual CIS male.) It bugs me more that in 2018 that term is hurled out as an insult?!

I'm bugged that this other human is so angry/in pain...something negative that me riding inspired them to hurl this epitaph at me in a negative manner. (I have no problem if you are gay. It honestly doesn't affect me and my world. Go do you Boo!)

It was a two lane road crossing a Bridge. I was an 1/8th of a mile to a quarter mile away from him when I realized what had been shouted at me.

So, when you read this I ask of you to counteract this negative energy by doing a random act of kindness to a stranger. Compliment them on their outfit, hair, shoes, car/bike...whatever. Smile, nod/wave and put some positive energy out there into the universe please.
Meh, Mr Redneck has to go home and live his sad angry life. Even most rednecks are a grade above that one. I've ridden scoots in some pretty Harley Davidson good ole boy parts and have never had a problem. Pretty much the exact opposite. So. you just got lucky and ran in to an ahole in general. I'll admit I look like I can take care of myself but you don't seem to be on the small side either. I too suffer from being Cisgender.It's the cross we must bear...
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:37:20 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:37:20 +0000 quote
So you are offdnded by faggot and use redneck which us offensive to many. What if i use the n word? Name calling czn be very offensive, what is acceptable to some can be very wrong to others.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:25:29 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:25:29 +0000 quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
So you are offdnded by faggot and use redneck which us offensive to many. What if i use the n word? Name calling czn be very offensive, what is acceptable to some can be very wrong to others.
Really? I've never heard of the "R" word being that offensive. I think perhaps you're just trying to push a button here. You have a negative bias on MV and that takes some work to get.

The "F" word is much more offensive and carries with it way more violence and abuse in US history.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:42:35 +0000

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:42:35 +0000 quote
In other news, y'all made me look up "cis gender", which is cool, because a) I'd never heard of that and b) that will me from looking stupid.

The general consensus in this thread is that the world would be a somewhat better place if we all worked a little harder to be kind and forgiving.

I'm confused about a lot of shit, but I do know every single person on this planet would like to be treated with respect. That's not always easy to do, especially for hot-heads like myself, but it's worth practicing.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 23:02:14 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:46:39 +0000
Posts: 11149
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:46:39 +0000
Posts: 11149
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 23:02:14 +0000 quote
tdrake wrote:
In other news, y'all made me look up "cis gender", which is cool, because a) I'd never heard of that and b) that will me from looking stupid.

The general consensus in this thread is that the world would be a somewhat better place if we all worked a little harder to be kind and forgiving.

I'm confused about a lot of shit, but I do know every single person on this planet would like to be treated with respect. That's not always easy to do, especially for hot-heads like myself, but it's worth practicing.
Well-said.

If you need any education on gender categories, I have a teenager who can make your head swim. I feel fortunate to never have had to think about which category I fit into.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 23:12:41 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Fri, 19 Oct 2018 23:12:41 +0000 quote
Harbinger wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
So you are offdnded by faggot and use redneck which us offensive to many. What if i use the n word? Name calling czn be very offensive, what is acceptable to some can be very wrong to others.
Really? I've never heard of the "R" word being that offensive. I think perhaps you're just trying to push a button here. You have a negative bias on MV and that takes some work to get.

The "F" word is much more offensive and carries with it way more violence and abuse in US history.
the r word is offensive in southern usa, be careful, where and how you use it! Canada is a whole dif world than parts of the usa, thank God!
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:13:57 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:13:57 +0000 quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
So you are offdnded by faggot and use redneck which us offensive to many. What if i use the n word? Name calling czn be very offensive, what is acceptable to some can be very wrong to others.
Really? I've never heard of the "R" word being that offensive. I think perhaps you're just trying to push a button here. You have a negative bias on MV and that takes some work to get.

The "F" word is much more offensive and carries with it way more violence and abuse in US history.
the r word is offensive in southern usa, be careful, where and how you use it! Canada is a whole dif world than parts of the usa, thank God!
True enough maybe. I'll admit I haven't been to the deep south. When I lived in the states it was the Midwest and part of that in Ann Arbor which is about as liberal as you get.
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:19:15 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 03:49:40 +0000
Posts: 5658
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 03:49:40 +0000
Posts: 5658
Location: Home of the Alamo
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:19:15 +0000 quote
Redneck?

I used to be a redneck.

Then I went to college and got educated.

Now I'm white trash.
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:27:24 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:16:28 +0000
Posts: 8853
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:16:28 +0000
Posts: 8853
Location: Hermit Kingdom
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:27:24 +0000 quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
the r word is offensive in southern usa, be careful, where and how you use it! Canada is a whole dif world than parts of the usa, thank God!
I never knew that.
Tell me, is "Redneck" worse than "Canadian"?
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 01:41:41 +0000

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
 
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:57:47 +0000
Posts: 2980
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 01:41:41 +0000 quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
So you are offdnded by faggot and use redneck which us offensive to many. What if i use the n word? Name calling czn be very offensive, what is acceptable to some can be very wrong to others.
Really? I've never heard of the "R" word being that offensive. I think perhaps you're just trying to push a button here. You have a negative bias on MV and that takes some work to get.

The "F" word is much more offensive and carries with it way more violence and abuse in US history.
the r word is offensive in southern usa, be careful, where and how you use it! Canada is a whole dif world than parts of the usa, thank God!
Hmm...for a highly offensive word it sure gets used a lot in mainstream country music. And Jeff Foxworthy made millions via his "You might be a redneck" franchise.

It may have been derogatory at some point, but it's been pretty much proudly owned by rednecks for decades.

Johnny Russell "Rednecks White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer"

George Jones "High Tech Redneck"

Ronnie Milsap - "I'm Just A Redneck At Heart"

Bellamy Brothers "Redneck Girl"

Gretchen Wilson "Redneck Woman"

Blake Shelton "Boys 'Round Here": "Aw heck
Red red red red red red red red red red redneck"
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 03:03:51 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 03:49:40 +0000
Posts: 5658
Location: Home of the Alamo
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 03:49:40 +0000
Posts: 5658
Location: Home of the Alamo
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 03:03:51 +0000 quote
I've lived and worked in the south (US) for 40 of my 57 years and that includes all over the south.

I've never experienced anyone thinking "redneck" was a derogatory term down here. In fact, to the contrary, most folks are rather proud of the term.

A redneck refers to someone with a sunburned neck, i.e. someone who works outside, is blue-collar, or uses their hands to make their living.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone around here who would take offense to the term unless they knew you were expressly using it in a derogatory fashion (tone-of-voice, or said in anger).
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:13:39 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:39 +0000
Posts: 8498
Location: Toronto
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:13:39 +0000 quote
znomit wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
the r word is offensive in southern usa, be careful, where and how you use it! Canada is a whole dif world than parts of the usa, thank God!
I never knew that.
Tell me, is "Redneck" worse than "Canadian"?
Leave it to a Kiwi to use the "C" word on the internet.... It must be from being upside down all the time.
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:44:36 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:44:36 +0000 quote
Okay if you consider yourself redneck it us okay if you are called one. If you do not think you are a redneck then it is not okay to be called one! Perception. I stand by my previous comments. . It is all in the intent of the comment.
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:47:19 +0000

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:59:25 +0000
Posts: 1978
Location: Brentwood, TN
 
Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:59:25 +0000
Posts: 1978
Location: Brentwood, TN
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:47:19 +0000 quote
Redneck doesn't offend me and I are one.

But - not for nothing - the 'n' word gets used a lot in mainstream rap, but that doesn't make it right.

It pisses me off that this thread has degenerated to making sweeping assumptions about entire classes of people.
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:06:48 +0000

Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

 
Addicted
Joined: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:17:38 +0000
Posts: 812

Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:06:48 +0000 quote
You are correct. I went too far. Not the place for this. I need a cleansing ride on the bv350.. Ride safe!!
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:45:09 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:16:28 +0000
Posts: 8853
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:16:28 +0000
Posts: 8853
Location: Hermit Kingdom
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:45:09 +0000 quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
It pisses me off that this thread has degenerated to making sweeping assumptions about entire classes of people.
I know. Vespa riders should be better than that.




Sun, 21 Oct 2018 10:11:42 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 10:11:42 +0000 quote
pull it back
Waiting for a phone call to tell me where I need to go to hospital later today ... . I really fucking hate being cooped up in hospital .... n it would be the furthest one in my area meaning our lass can't visit .... don't want her on busses over there at night ..... at least we have video call ....
All praise technology ☺
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:34:44 +0000

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:52:14 +0000
Posts: 17005
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:34:44 +0000 quote
dry roasted peahens
Sat in hospital waiting for doc to go through how they gonna drain me n put a stent in also where it goes n what it does ..... darkness
  DoubleGood Design  

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.


Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2023 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0389s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0139s) ][ Debug on ][ 276 ][ Thing Two ]