@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
My buddy's gt200 graphite gasket blew
up and burnt his brake line. I am pissed because I am in self-imposed quarantine. ☢️ And I cannot help him.
@guisaltini avatar
UTC

Member
Piaggio BV 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 42
Location: Brazil
 
Member
@guisaltini avatar
Piaggio BV 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 42
Location: Brazil
UTC quote
Two days ago I finished to close my BV 250 engine after a gasket and hose failure. Day 1, ten minutes running the engine, no problem. Day 2, went for a ride in the morning, stronger than never, checked the oil and it was perfect. In the after I went for a longer ride, after 15 minutes de temperature was a little bit higher than 3/4 and rising, so I stopped. No fan noise, waited untill everything was cooler and came back home. The temp cauge looked crazy, going from almost red to 1/2 and back in lessthan a minute, and after I parked:
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by GuiSaltini on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1205
Location: The OTHER South Bay, CA
 
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1205
Location: The OTHER South Bay, CA
UTC quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
The STUPID clock on the speedo! It had been flashing back and forth from the time to the date. I tried to ignore it but it kept catching my atttention as I was riding. something like 5 minutes after I pulled over to try to fix it I had the wrong time by 6 minutes but finally had the correct date.

Now being sub-OCD I'll have to deal with the time after work for the commute home.
I have to reset mine periodically. Having it display an incorrect time (when the display is dark enough to read, but that's a different gripe) is surprisingly distracting.

Yeah, probably ought to break open the headset and replace the clock battery again. Fun.
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7699
Location: Oregone
 
Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7699
Location: Oregone
UTC quote
It took me over a year to get some really important medical appointments set up, and obviously now, they're all postponed indefinitely. I'm in a significant amount of pain all the time and it freaking sucks. I'm tired of it, it's utterly exhausting.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1912
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1912
Location: Central New York
UTC quote
Witch wrote:
It took me over a year to get some really important medical appointments set up, and obviously now, they're all postponed indefinitely. I'm in a significant amount of pain all the time and it freaking sucks. I'm tired of it, it's utterly exhausting.
Well I had one Doctor cancel out on me but then the one for tomorrow just say to call if you are running a fever or have been near a confirmed case of Covid!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
Witch wrote:
It took me over a year to get some really important medical appointments set up, and obviously now, they're all postponed indefinitely. I'm in a significant amount of pain all the time and it freaking sucks. I'm tired of it, it's utterly exhausting.
Well I had one Doctor cancel out on me but then the one for tomorrow just say to call if you are running a fever or have been near a confirmed case of Covid!
So far I'm still seeing my pain specialist (MD) every Tuesday morning. Things are a little different but I actually get in and out quicker now.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1912
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1912
Location: Central New York
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
So far I'm still seeing my pain specialist (MD) every Tuesday morning. Things are a little different but I actually get in and out quicker now.
Well the one that canceled on me was a neurologist that was to give me a "nerve block" to treat headaches.

But the one that has kept my appointment is the guy who has put me on a CPAP machine for sleep apnea!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
So far I'm still seeing my pain specialist (MD) every Tuesday morning. Things are a little different but I actually get in and out quicker now.
Well the one that canceled on me was a neurologist that was to give me a "nerve block" to treat headaches.

But the one that has kept my appointment is the guy who has put me on a CPAP machine for sleep apnea!
Huh. The appointments I go to are for nerve blocks and medication that has to be controlled so renewed regularly and not refills.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
My appointment for cataract surgery is on indefinite hold. I was really looking forward to getting clear vision back.
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2091
Location: Lancaster, U.K.
 
Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2091
Location: Lancaster, U.K.
UTC quote
I just bought a replacement tyre for my racing bicycle and it cost the same as my new Michelin City Grip. The bicycle tyre is a fraction of the size of a scooter tyre, but it is puncture resistant. Makes my CG seem like a bargain!
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
My appointment for cataract surgery is on indefinite hold. I was really looking forward to getting clear vision back.
Hi Frank,

Maybe you should suggest to your surgeon that there is such a thing as cohorting patients. Physicians are essential. I would not take no for an answer.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
My appointment for cataract surgery is on indefinite hold. I was really looking forward to getting clear vision back.
Hi Frank,

Maybe you should suggest to your surgeon that there is such a thing as cohorting patients. Physicians are essential. I would not take no for an answer.
Hi Max,

Thanks for the support, but I am actually doing OK. As a health care provider I am considered essential, but I'm a psychotherapist and, as such, am able to see my patients from home via Zoom.

My eyes aren't so bad that I can't get around, read, drive or ride, etc. It's just that my right eye in particular is getting to the point that I can have the surgery, so why not just go ahead and get it over with? They can do my left eye at the same time, as well.

So - a disappointment, but not an emergency.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
My appointment for cataract surgery is on indefinite hold. I was really looking forward to getting clear vision back.
Hi Frank,

Maybe you should suggest to your surgeon that there is such a thing as cohorting patients. Physicians are essential. I would not take no for an answer.
Hi Max,

Thanks for the support, but I am actually doing OK. As a health care provider I am considered essential, but I'm a psychotherapist and, as such, am able to see my patients from home via Zoom.

My eyes aren't so bad that I can't get around, read, drive or ride, etc. It's just that my right eye in particular is getting to the point that I can have the surgery, so why not just go ahead and get it over with? They can do my left eye at the same time, as well.

So - a disappointment, but not an emergency.
I feel you're a disappointment personally. I have blue eyes and a very high risk of cataracts and get my eyes checked pretty much every year. So far all is good, and knock on wood. I hope you get your situation worked out. 8)
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
I feel you're a disappointment personally.
Oh, Max.

I hope you didn't mean this they way it came out.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43737
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43737
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
I feel you're a disappointment personally.
Oh, Max.

I hope you didn't mean this they way it came out.
Bloody misuse of apostrophes!

Plus not checking one's own message after posting it.
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4790
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
 
MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4790
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
My appointment for cataract surgery is on indefinite hold. I was really looking forward to getting clear vision back.
Hi Frank,

Maybe you should suggest to your surgeon that there is such a thing as cohorting patients. Physicians are essential. I would not take no for an answer.
Hi Max,

Thanks for the support, but I am actually doing OK. As a health care provider I am considered essential, but I'm a psychotherapist and, as such, am able to see my patients from home via Zoom.

My eyes aren't so bad that I can't get around, read, drive or ride, etc. It's just that my right eye in particular is getting to the point that I can have the surgery, so why not just go ahead and get it over with? They can do my left eye at the same time, as well.

So - a disappointment, but not an emergency.
I feel you're a disappointment personally. I have blue eyes and a very high risk of cataracts and get my eyes checked pretty much every year. So far all is good, and knock on wood. I hope you get your situation worked out. 8)
I had cataract surgery a couple years ago and it was life changing. I have always had a high level of astigmatism and could see only with hard contacts or very thick glasses, which distorted straight lines to look curved. Insurance covered most of the cost but I had to pay $1600 extra for the astigmatism correcting lenses. As I'm sure you know it leaves you prone to retinal detachment and I now have to use reading glasses for anything closer than about four feet distance but I'm certainly not complaining about that.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
My appointment for cataract surgery is on indefinite hold. I was really looking forward to getting clear vision back.
Hi Frank,

Maybe you should suggest to your surgeon that there is such a thing as cohorting patients. Physicians are essential. I would not take no for an answer.
Hi Max,

Thanks for the support, but I am actually doing OK. As a health care provider I am considered essential, but I'm a psychotherapist and, as such, am able to see my patients from home via Zoom.

My eyes aren't so bad that I can't get around, read, drive or ride, etc. It's just that my right eye in particular is getting to the point that I can have the surgery, so why not just go ahead and get it over with? They can do my left eye at the same time, as well.

So - a disappointment, but not an emergency.
I feel you're a disappointment personally. I have blue eyes and a very high risk of cataracts and get my eyes checked pretty much every year. So far all is good, and knock on wood. I hope you get your situation worked out. 8)
I had cataract surgery a couple years ago and it was life changing. I have always had a high level of astigmatism and could see only with hard contacts or very thick glasses, which distorted straight lines to look curved. Insurance covered most of the cost but I had to pay $1600 extra for the astigmatism correcting lenses. As I'm sure you know it leaves you prone to retinal detachment and I now have to use reading glasses for anything closer than about four feet distance but I'm certainly not complaining about that.
Hi Matthew,

I'm considering going with the toric (astigmatism-correcting) lenses. It will cost me $1200. My astigmatism isn't as bad as yours was. I need reading glasses now anyway, so that wouldn't be any different.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1912
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1912
Location: Central New York
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
So far I'm still seeing my pain specialist (MD) every Tuesday morning. Things are a little different but I actually get in and out quicker now.
Well the one that canceled on me was a neurologist that was to give me a "nerve block" to treat headaches.

But the one that has kept my appointment is the guy who has put me on a CPAP machine for sleep apnea!
Huh. The appointments I go to are for nerve blocks and medication that has to be controlled so renewed regularly and not refills.
Maybe I worded that awkward, the nerve blocks are by a needle in the neck near base of skull.

Heck the guy could do those out in the parking lot with me sitting in the car! But for now I'm not having that much discomfort so I'll let it slide! Many people with more pressing problems these days!
UTC

Enthusiast
1987 Honda Helix
Joined: UTC
Posts: 67
Location: Houston Tx
 
Enthusiast
1987 Honda Helix
Joined: UTC
Posts: 67
Location: Houston Tx
UTC quote
Aluminum baseball bats. Who's bad idea was this? Bats are supposed to make a nice crack sound. Not that stupid ping sound. Ping is bad. Bad for engines and bad for baseball. It irritates me every time I hear it. Rant over.
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1999
Location: Brentwood, TN
 
Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1999
Location: Brentwood, TN
UTC quote
Fair point. I like the crack of the bat too.

But, right now, I'd love to be hearing the ping or the crack of any bat, hitting any baseball.
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2665
Location: Lock Haven, PA
 
Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2665
Location: Lock Haven, PA
UTC quote
<Sigh>, yes, I miss the whole sounds of the game.

I'm missing a whole season of umpiring. And I'm really bummed, this was going to be my first in Little League, as opposed to town league youth baseball.

I miss seeing a kid lace a worm burner through the infield.

I miss a good clean close play at first base.

I miss a clueless kid asking me what the count is when I just announced it one pitch ago.

I miss tying a catcher's shoelaces when he ambles out to the plate with his shoes untied.

I miss the kid who barely made his team, can't hit, and is trying to eke out a walk to get on base.

I miss a pitcher who lost his command but doesn't want to give up the ball. I miss the parents who are cheering on their kid.

I miss the runner breaking from second on a pitch at the perfect time (as the ball crosses the plate).

I miss chatting with a shortstop while a pitching change is taking place.

I miss making a "FOUL" call and giggling with the catcher when the ball hits a car in the parking lot.

I miss telling a coach that his team is doing things the right way.

I miss telling the right handed batter "watch out, you got a runner on third, keep an eye on him, get out of the way if he's coming on a passed ball or wild pitch".

I miss telling the kids "I know what inning it is, I know the count, but I have no clue who's winning or the score"

MLB? Nah... it's the kid's game I miss.
@gedmunds avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 633
Location: London
 
Addicted
@gedmunds avatar
Vespa GTS Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 633
Location: London
UTC quote
When did it become acceptable to have conversations on your mobile/cell using the speaker phone in public. At home, office yes but on the bus, wtaf!!
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4110
Location: Staten Island, NY
 
Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4110
Location: Staten Island, NY
UTC quote
Finally got my Stella running yesterday after a long drawn out rebuild over 8 months. Haven't ridden anything in that whole time cause the other ones are just boxes of parts. Now it's pouring today and for the next week on the forecast. Just my luck!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
Pissed of my front fork got bent. Happy I get the Vespa back today though and apparently it's running and rides like a dream now. Also had the 10K service done and all the usual spring tune up work etc.

Now I need to get the BMW fixed
....
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4110
Location: Staten Island, NY
 
Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4110
Location: Staten Island, NY
UTC quote
Pissed i just fixed my Stella and the brand new clutch just died and got crunchy after only 60 miles!
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
Don't touch the kill switch
That pissed me off yesterday. I had groceries everywhere.
Had to deal with the mask thing, my goggles were getting hazy, the wind was blowing at 40 miles an hour gusts, and I used the kill switch to turn off my bike. Put the groceries away I left the bike in the ignition on position for about 30 minutes. Yeah I hit the kill switch I left the key in the ignition. Good thing I have a brand new battery. 🐝
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2066
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
 
Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2066
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
UTC quote
My Vespa went in for paint repairs.
It took 3 weeks to get quotes for the insurance.
I expected it back within two weeks.
Then we had five weeks of lock-down...

My wife underestimated how long this lock-down would last.
She ran out of red wine last weekend.
Now she is starting on my reserve stock of single malt whisky.

She drinks it with CLUB SODA!

Open up the bottle shops, Mr President.!

Edit:
Not a chance!
Latest regulations just announced...

We are now allowed outside to walk within our own neighborhood for three hours per day.
On the other hand, we have now been slammed with a night curfew. from 8PM to 5AM.

Not only have they kept the ban on the sale of all alcohol in place,
they have also continued the ban on sales of all tobacco products.
Clearly they do not share isolation space with a smoker currently going through cold turkey...!

I suspect hidden political agendas for forcing social change without using democratic legislative processes. I also now wonder who is behind the thriving network of bootleg cigarettes...!
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2316
Location: Adelaide
 
Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2316
Location: Adelaide
UTC quote
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43737
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43737
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
Oh, you as well!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
Oh, you as well!
My wife says stop using so much bubble bath in the tub...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20564
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
 
eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20564
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
UTC quote
Distance
Buses whose destination boards say - STAY SAFE STAY HOME on a vehicle that is clearly designed to take you away from your home and take you some where else.

Just me then ?

Bill x
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
You're lucky ... I don't have anyone telling me what to do and being nailed too much in one place makes me shrivel up.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
Re: Distance
Bill Dog wrote:
Buses whose destination boards say - STAY SAFE STAY HOME on a vehicle that is clearly designed to take you away from your home and take you some where else.

Just me then ?

Bill x
That tells you the irony of it all. 🛵
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20564
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
 
eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20564
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
UTC quote
Glass
It's also the stupidity of putting signs like that in your window when you have to be outside your house to read it.

It's kind of pointless.

Bill x
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20564
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
 
eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
Joined: UTC
Posts: 20564
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
UTC quote
Batter
And then I'm watching a programme about terrible airline flights where a Polish Airlines flight lands without any undercarriage and the same two people who are being interviewed about it are the same two people in the next programme but from another series about the same event.

It's either that or I'm in a time loop.

Bill x
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2316
Location: Adelaide
 
Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2316
Location: Adelaide
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
You're lucky ... I don't have anyone telling me what to do and being nailed too much in one place makes me shrivel up.
You can use as much bubble bath as you want, and stay soaking for as long as you want, so you won't shrivel up..
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43737
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43737
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
You're lucky ... I don't have anyone telling me what to do and being nailed too much in one place makes me shrivel up.
You can use as much bubble bath as you want, and stay soaking for as long as you want, so you won't shrivel up..
You'll get bloody wrinkly though...
@mlpearson79 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Lucia: 2006 LX150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 101
Location: Sun City Center, FL
 
Hooked
@mlpearson79 avatar
Lucia: 2006 LX150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 101
Location: Sun City Center, FL
UTC quote
Rebuilt the carb on my LX150 yesterday. Now the speedo is dead (honestly it's not been great ever).

Ran the self clean feature on my oven. The charred smell is now stuck in my sinuses and I have a headache that won't go away. Won't make that mistake again. Three cheers for Easy-Off.

12V on my car has been dead for 3 days and if I don't want to pay dealer premium of $350 for a $140 battery, I have to wait until next week for it to be shipped to me. Apparently the 12V for my car is a weird one. (Thus why I finally got around to the LX's carb.)

I think that's it for today.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
You're lucky ... I don't have anyone telling me what to do and being nailed too much in one place makes me shrivel up.
You can use as much bubble bath as you want, and stay soaking for as long as you want, so you won't shrivel up..
You'll get bloody wrinkly though...
... difficult ... I am so overweight that I should immerse myself in a 1000 liter vat ...
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12063
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12063
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
jimc wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Wife says "Get off that Vespa site, these plants need to go in the ground".
You're lucky ... I don't have anyone telling me what to do and being nailed too much in one place makes me shrivel up.
You can use as much bubble bath as you want, and stay soaking for as long as you want, so you won't shrivel up..
You'll get bloody wrinkly though...
... difficult ... I am so overweight that I should immerse myself in a 1000 liter vat ...
Just be sure it's not full already! Razz emoticon Laughing emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0441s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0229s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]