@froggieposition avatar
UTC

Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2360
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
 
Thunder Thief
@froggieposition avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2360
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
monogodo wrote:
Here's an aerial view of my house.

As you can see, I have a ton of tree coverage.

But your house is in the woods! In light of what is happening with climate change i would prune the plants near the house and put the others at a safe distance.
It depends on what climate you live in. California/Mediterranean climate, yes it makes sense to keep trees away from the house due to fire risk, although we see how fast and hot the fires rip through the area anyhow which renders much proactive work useless. The Eastern portion of the United States is very green and lush. About the only worry out here for trees near the house, animals/bugs, falling trees and leaves cluttering the gutters.
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4789
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
 
MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4789
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
UTC quote
I broke another fuel injector.

Three in 10 years may not sound like much but it is about the same as I am spending on belts or tires.

It's a regular service item that needs to be bugeted for.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
I broke another fuel injector.

Three in 10 years may not sound like much but it is about the same as I am spending on belts or tires.

It's a regular service item that needs to be bugeted for.
Oh rats Matthew! Installing them is sooo difficult.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
 
Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
UTC quote
The school district I work for had projected enrollment for 2020-2021 to be over 150k students. They're two weeks into the school year (via distance learning), and total enrollment is just over 135k. That works out to a loss of "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funding.

Because of this, they've asked for volunteers to call the parents of the "missing" children to see if they are enrolled elsewhere, or if they just forgot or something. I've been "voluntold" to be one of the callers.

What pisses me off about it is that they want the parents of all 15k missing students to be called by EOD Thursday, Sept. 17. They have enough volunteers assigned that it works out to about 30 students per caller. We currently don't have access to the list of students, so we can't begin calling. They don't want us calling before 9am. I work 7:30-4:30. That gives me 6.5 hours to make 30 calls. I'll be able to spend 13 minutes per call, and I won't be able to take a break.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:
The school district I work for had projected enrollment for 2020-2021 to be over 150k students. They're two weeks into the school year (via distance learning), and total enrollment is just over 135k. That works out to a loss of "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funding.

Because of this, they've asked for volunteers to call the parents of the "missing" children to see if they are enrolled elsewhere, or if they just forgot or something. I've been "voluntold" to be one of the callers.

What pisses me off about it is that they want the parents of all 15k missing students to be called by EOD Thursday, Sept. 17. They have enough volunteers assigned that it works out to about 30 students per caller. We currently don't have access to the list of students, so we can't begin calling. They don't want us calling before 9am. I work 7:30-4:30. That gives me 6.5 hours to make 30 calls. I'll be able to spend 13 minutes per call, and I won't be able to take a break.
Can you effect an enrolment or a comfirmation in 13 minutes? This sounds like a disaster waiting to happpen.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
 
Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
monogodo wrote:
The school district I work for had projected enrollment for 2020-2021 to be over 150k students. They're two weeks into the school year (via distance learning), and total enrollment is just over 135k. That works out to a loss of "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funding.

Because of this, they've asked for volunteers to call the parents of the "missing" children to see if they are enrolled elsewhere, or if they just forgot or something. I've been "voluntold" to be one of the callers.

What pisses me off about it is that they want the parents of all 15k missing students to be called by EOD Thursday, Sept. 17. They have enough volunteers assigned that it works out to about 30 students per caller. We currently don't have access to the list of students, so we can't begin calling. They don't want us calling before 9am. I work 7:30-4:30. That gives me 6.5 hours to make 30 calls. I'll be able to spend 13 minutes per call, and I won't be able to take a break.
Can you effect an enrolment or a comfirmation in 13 minutes? This sounds like a disaster waiting to happpen.
I got access to the list this morning.
I was "assigned" 29 names. Of those, two didn't have phone numbers.
I started calling at 9:08 am.
I called the penultimate number at 11:07 am, and then got interrupted by a coworker.
I called the last number at 11:52 am.
About half of the numbers were either non-working numbers or they had full voicemail boxes and I was unable to leave a message.
I left a message with 2 or 3 of them.
One person responded with "That child is no longer in my home, please remove me from this list."
3 or 4 had enrolled in other schools (private or other districts).
The others went quickly.

So it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Four days and no one is pissed off until me....

So my bank, that I have been at for ~15 years, merged with another one. Both "local" banks, each with a few branches. It became real over the weekend, during which time all branches were closed, no online service, nothing. Which, no problem, so far.

Today, though, I tried to set things up. Nothing. Still.



Thing is, service there has been declining over the last several years, as they have done a couple smaller mergers and just generally getting away from being a nice, small, community bank. Which really struck the irony gong when they named the new merged entity "One Community Bank".

As things go it's not a huge deal, but I am reconsidering my affection to small banks. I'll be looking around....
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43667
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43667
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
I've got accounts at four US banks, one UK one, and
>>> Transferwise <<<
^^^
which I hugely recommend for anyone who ever needs to get paid in one currency and then spend in another OR who wishes to spend money or get cash at ATMs anywhere else in the world with true real-time mid-market rates.

Just an extremely satisfied customer:
https://transferwise.com/
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
 
Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Four days and no one is pissed off until me....

So my bank, that I have been at for ~15 years, merged with another one. Both "local" banks, each with a few branches. It became real over the weekend, during which time all branches were closed, no online service, nothing. Which, no problem, so far.

Today, though, I tried to set things up. Nothing. Still.



Thing is, service there has been declining over the last several years, as they have done a couple smaller mergers and just generally getting away from being a nice, small, community bank. Which really struck the irony gong when they named the new merged entity "One Community Bank".

As things go it's not a huge deal, but I am reconsidering my affection to small banks. I'll be looking around....
The credit union to which I belong voted to merge with another one just over a year ago. It went from a very small CU (2 locations) to a larger CU (15 locations). They closed the former main location of the original CU, which didn't affect us at all. I like the added features that the new CU has brought (Apple Pay, better mobile app, more locations), but the new CU has larger fees than the old one had. Over all, I like the change.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfPU1eqg3G/?igshid=1udvrtaue2haq

Great lightning storms above my city, on the mountain in the village of Sezze 25 km from my house) stands a huge metal crucifix, it seems to come out of a Lovecraft story. Look at the photo taken by a reporter. What pisses me off? It even hailed grains like golf balls! And he threw me half the harvest on the ground ...
@silver_streak avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8756
Location: Annapolis, MD, USA
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@silver_streak avatar
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8756
Location: Annapolis, MD, USA
UTC quote
Great photo, Attila!
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
That reporter got an amazing photo! Sorry about your crop... what a year.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43667
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43667
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
That photo link wants me to sign up to something.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfPU1eqg3G/?igshid=1udvrtaue2haq

Great lightning storms above my city, on the mountain in the village of Sezze 25 km from my house) stands a huge metal crucifix, it seems to come out of a Lovecraft story. Look at the photo taken by a reporter. What pisses me off? It even hailed grains like golf balls! And he threw me half the harvest on the ground ...
Wow that's an impressive storm. Pretty heartbreaking to lose half of your crop though. Everything to get it to that point, then gone. Crying or Very sad emoticon
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
That photo link wants me to sign up to something.
You can also open it without signing up or installing Instagram, however post the two photos. The photographer is Walter Salvatori from Latina.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
These storms don't hold a candle to KS lighting storms. Laughing emoticon
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2057
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
 
Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2057
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
These storms don't hold a candle to KS lighting storms. Laughing emoticon
Thanks, but we have some pretty good ones in South Africa too...

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

The photographer is Alexius van der Westhuizen.
They are multiple exposures combined into dramatic imagery.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
These storms don't hold a candle to KS lighting storms. Laughing emoticon
Thanks, but we have some pretty good ones in South Africa too...

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

The photographer is Alexius van der Westhuizen.
They are multiple exposures combined into dramatic imagery.


THAT looks like armagedon, Oddly enough I enjoy them. Lots of thunder and no rain. All electronics off of course.
UTC

 
UTC
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Our neighbors have put lights up on a little pine tree in their back yard.

I get it, COVID has made time's passage difficult to measure, but SEPTEMBER?

Stubborn emoticon What The? emoticon Facepalm emoticon
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4272
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4272
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
UTC quote
Well, I saw strings of colored lights among the Halloween stuff in Target today. So maybe your neighbor has Halloween lights?
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Well, I saw strings of colored lights among the Halloween stuff in Target today. So maybe your neighbor has Halloween lights?
I'll let you know if they disappear for a couple of weeks sometime in November.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
 
Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
UTC quote
While scrolling through FB posts this morning, I ran across one where a friend of a friend chose to ignore facts and stand by their opinion.

When it was pointed out to her that facts prove otherwise, she said, "let's agree to disagree."

And when again shown irrefutable evidence otherwise, she said, "I said, let's AGREE to DISAGREE. I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine."

This willful ignorance pisses me off.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:
While scrolling through FB posts this morning, I ran across one where a friend of a friend chose to ignore facts and stand by their opinion.

When it was pointed out to her that facts prove otherwise, she said, "let's agree to disagree."

And when again shown irrefutable evidence otherwise, she said, "I said, let's AGREE to DISAGREE. I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine."

This willful ignorance pisses me off.
Equal parts amazing and discouraging, isn't it? At least she was a friend of a friend and not closer..... Nerd emoticon
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Arghhh!

As a medical provider, I get to "re-credential" with contracted insurance companies periodically. Went through the paperwork, reviewing standard information, updating malpractice insurance info, and the couple of dozen questions about whether I abuse drugs or the Feds are looking for me, etc, etc.
There was a blank line next to a statement that confirmed everything was correct, etc. I checked it, signed my name underneath and faxed the dozen or so pages pack to them.

Today I get an email that they "cannot accept a check mark" and I need to initial and date and return the whole thing to them. FFS.
This is the kind of stuff that will make me celebrate retirement.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43667
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43667
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
^^^^
The USA sorely needs something similar to the UK's Plain English Campaign!

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
^^^^
The USA sorely needs something similar to the UK's Plain English Campaign!

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/
Looks like it could help.

What we desperately need is national health care in one form or another. I deal with easily a dozen different insurers, and probably TWO dozen or more health plans. Each pays differently, different guidelines-for the Exact. Same. Service.

It's nuts.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
 
Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1084
Location: Irving, TX
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
^^^^
The USA sorely needs something similar to the UK's Plain English Campaign!

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/
Looks like it could help.

What we desperately need is national health care in one form or another. I deal with easily a dozen different insurers, and probably TWO dozen or more health plans. Each pays differently, different guidelines-for the Exact. Same. Service.

It's nuts.
Last year I went to an Urgent Care clinic to have an issue looked into. They treated me and sent me on my way. When checking out, I asked how much I owed, they said they'd bill me.

Months later, I received a bill for my part, $75. I pretty much ignored it until about a month ago, when I figured I should pay it. They'd been sending me account statements periodically to remind me to do so. It felt good to pay it.

This past Friday I received a check in the mail from them for $75. There was a note enclosed that read, "After auditing your account, we discovered there was an overpayment of $75. Please find the enclosed check in that amount. You have 90 days to cash it, or we'll turn it over to the state as unclaimed funds."

So they spent who knows how much in sending me monthly statements to get me to pay them, then when I finally do pay them, they refund it to me.
@tonyc avatar
UTC

Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Joined: UTC
Posts: 491
Location: LA CA
 
Hooked
@tonyc avatar
bv350, Brutale 910
Joined: UTC
Posts: 491
Location: LA CA
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
There was a blank line next to a statement that confirmed everything was correct, etc. I checked it, signed my name underneath and faxed the dozen or so pages pack to them.
the fact you still have to "fax" credential papers in 2020 ought to piss you off doubly. And thanks for your service as a healthcare worker during these times.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Our neighbors have put lights up on a little pine tree in their back yard.

I get it, COVID has made time's passage difficult to measure, but SEPTEMBER?

Stubborn emoticon What The? emoticon Facepalm emoticon
Are they orange and purple lights? Nerd emoticon
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7571
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Our neighbors have put lights up on a little pine tree in their back yard.

I get it, COVID has made time's passage difficult to measure, but SEPTEMBER?

Stubborn emoticon What The? emoticon Facepalm emoticon
Are they orange and purple lights? Nerd emoticon
Nope. They are a typical variety of colors one would expect to see in December....
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4683
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4683
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
tonyc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
There was a blank line next to a statement that confirmed everything was correct, etc. I checked it, signed my name underneath and faxed the dozen or so pages pack to them.
the fact you still have to "fax" credential papers in 2020 ought to piss you off doubly. And thanks for your service as a healthcare worker during these times.
I agree, but faxes are used because they are the safest way to transmit confidential patient information. Email security can be compromised.

I won't go into my feelings about so-called "managed care", because it's not pissing me off today.

It pisses me off every day.

So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10222
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10222
Location: Hermit Kingdom
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
tonyc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
There was a blank line next to a statement that confirmed everything was correct, etc. I checked it, signed my name underneath and faxed the dozen or so pages pack to them.
the fact you still have to "fax" credential papers in 2020 ought to piss you off doubly. And thanks for your service as a healthcare worker during these times.
I agree, but faxes are used because they are the safest way to transmit confidential patient information. Email security can be compromised.
Apparently ours are finally to be replaced at the end of the year. Will believe it when I see it.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
Ah, on my list of escapist fantasies....

One of the others is moving to Mexico, setting up in my FIL's empty office in my family's house and working for cash in my semiretirement. 8)
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1907
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1907
Location: Central New York
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
Ah, on my list of escapist fantasies....

One of the others is moving to Mexico, setting up in my FIL's empty office in my family's house and working for cash in my semiretirement. 8)
Do you do house calls? I have this problem in my neck that's very crunchy!
@rajron avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 816
Location: PHX area
 
Addicted
@rajron avatar
GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 816
Location: PHX area
UTC quote
Federal Income Tax
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
Ah, on my list of escapist fantasies....

One of the others is moving to Mexico, setting up in my FIL's empty office in my family's house and working for cash in my semiretirement. 8)
Do you do house calls? I have this problem in my neck that's very crunchy!
Gassing up my scooter now!
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4789
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
 
MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4789
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
UTC quote
My favorite restaurant closed because of CV.
It was called The Brookville Hotel.

It had no menu. There was only one meal available. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn, cole slaw, biccuts and apple cupcake al la mode for dessert. All of them were the best I have ever had. It's hard for me to get excited about cole slaw but here we are.

The meal was served family style, all you can eat. Bowls of food were brought out and replaced when they were empty.

It started 125 years ago as a restaurant attached to a hotel in Brookville Kansas. When the interstate highway was built 30 miles away the hotel closed but the restaurant stayed open.

About 10 years ago they moved to the Interstate near Abilene KS. The food was the same and were, apparently very successful there.

I don't eat out much but I would go there a couple times a year. I am going to miss it.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12047
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Re: My favorite restaurant closed because of CV.
vintage red matthew wrote:
It was called The Brookville Hotel.

....
I don't eat out much but I would go there a couple times a year. I am going to miss it.
Sad for you. I think when this is all over there will be a lot fewer restaurants around.

Most are hanging in there in my town, but a few haven't.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14906
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14906
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Our neighbors have put lights up on a little pine tree in their back yard.

I get it, COVID has made time's passage difficult to measure, but SEPTEMBER?

Stubborn emoticon What The? emoticon Facepalm emoticon
What's wrong with that?

I have lights up year round.

The first of October I put up my little candy corn lights. They stay until thanksgiving. Then I put up my Christmas lights. Those roll till like, probably March?

Then I'll drop in the purple lights, or maybe the clears. Possibly something else I picked up from Michael's.

Granted they're just around the window, and it's nice to put in the delivery instructions "house with the festive lights"

However, my inside looks like a perpetual nightmare before Christmas situation.

And yes. Yes, there are crows.

-g
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.2460s ][ Queries: 3 (0.2221s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]