@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
We had Kitec plumbing in our building and a LOT of owners were surprised when they found out the plumbing inside the unit was on them. It cost us about $5,000 to replace ours with copper.
I'd have replaced with PEX rather than copper, but whatever.
We weren't given the choice in the matter. So while we had to pay we also had to use the company contracted to do it.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
We had Kitec plumbing in our building and a LOT of owners were surprised when they found out the plumbing inside the unit was on them. It cost us about $5,000 to replace ours with copper.
I'd have replaced with PEX rather than copper, but whatever.
We weren't given the choice in the matter. So while we had to pay we also had to use the company contracted to do it.
Now *that* would piss me off.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
We had Kitec plumbing in our building and a LOT of owners were surprised when they found out the plumbing inside the unit was on them. It cost us about $5,000 to replace ours with copper.
I'd have replaced with PEX rather than copper, but whatever.
We weren't given the choice in the matter. So while we had to pay we also had to use the company contracted to do it.
Now *that* would piss me off.
Yeah, it pissed a lot of us off.
UTC

Enthusiast
Joined: UTC
Posts: 62
 
Enthusiast
Joined: UTC
Posts: 62
UTC quote
I got banned from the modern vespa facebook group tear*
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
UTC quote
Jonny360 wrote:
I got banned from the modern vespa facebook group tear*
This is a thread where we talk about bad things that have happened.
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 128
Location: Marshall MO USA
 
Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 128
Location: Marshall MO USA
UTC quote
learned how to talk like a sailor
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on. 8)
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2063
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
 
Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2063
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
UTC quote
57 - 43
'nuff said.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2315
Location: Adelaide
 
Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2315
Location: Adelaide
UTC quote
Re: learned how to talk like a sailor
Had to read the title twice - thought it said 'learned how to walk like
a sailor'.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
UTC quote
Like with a peg leg? Yeah, that would piss me off.
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2063
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
 
Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2063
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
UTC quote
Re: 57 - 43
Well done, All Blacks (an ironical name in a racial context - which is unavoidable in ZA.)
There is no doubt that NZ has a motivated rugby team with great coaches.
They also have a nation that stands 100% behind the team - no matter how many persons of colour are playing.



I wasn't talking rugby, but I think we all know that.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Well, not seriously pissed off, but.

Posted some old farm pictures on FB which turned out to be wildly popular. Most comments as expected, but a couple of people speculated that one of them looked like a mule. Considering I lived with the people that owned them (parents and grandparents) I should know.

Anyway, after either ignoring the comments, or suggesting that the animal in questing was, indeed a horse, I looked at the post today where someone (I'll call him Bob) said something like, "Wow, a Cyldesdale and a mule. What a combination!" To which someone responded, "So it IS a mule then!"

I just responded, "If Bob says so....."

Then there's reading comprehension....I can't count the people who read the description and still thought my grandfather was my dad. I'm old and all, but sheesh.
Gramps and the team
Gramps and the team
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2315
Location: Adelaide
 
Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2315
Location: Adelaide
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
(I'll call him Bob)

'Francis' would be more appropriate.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Well, not seriously pissed off, but.

Posted some old farm pictures on FB which turned out to be wildly popular. Most comments as expected, but a couple of people speculated that one of them looked like a mule. Considering I lived with the people that owned them (parents and grandparents) I should know.

Anyway, after either ignoring the comments, or suggesting that the animal in questing was, indeed a horse, I looked at the post today where someone (I'll call him Bob) said something like, "Wow, a Cyldesdale and a mule. What a combination!" To which someone responded, "So it IS a mule then!"

I just responded, "If Bob says so....."

Then there's reading comprehension....I can't count the people who read the description and still thought my grandfather was my dad. I'm old and all, but sheesh.
No Dave... I understand something ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shire_horse
@gedmunds avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 633
Location: London
 
Addicted
@gedmunds avatar
Vespa GTS Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 633
Location: London
UTC quote
Re: learned how to talk like a sailor
priscillaj wrote:
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on. 8)
And that pissed you off?
@papawheelie avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 GTS 300 Super (Charlene) 1832cc cruiser (The Lambo)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 112
Location: Tigard, OR
 
Hooked
@papawheelie avatar
2012 GTS 300 Super (Charlene) 1832cc cruiser (The Lambo)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 112
Location: Tigard, OR
UTC quote
Couldn't let this thread get too far won the list...
Dishonest people who sell firewood. They say it's "seasoned" but a moisture meter on a freshly split piece shows 35+ % moisture. 20% is appropriate for burning. Some dump a load that is said to be a cord but after they are paid and gone the wood stacks up to 3/4 cord. Next trick is to bring a pickup load that appears to be the amount ordered but there is 4-6" of bark in the bottom of the bed. Some ignore a buyer who wants to bring a moisture meter when buying wood. I've found more to be dishonest than honest. My Dad used to cut firewood and he went overboard to be sure the customer got their money's worth. Caveat Emptor!
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
PapaWheelie wrote:
Couldn't let this thread get too far won the list...
Dishonest people who sell firewood. They say it's "seasoned" but a moisture meter on a freshly split piece shows 35+ % moisture. 20% is appropriate for burning. Some dump a load that is said to be a cord but after they are paid and gone the wood stacks up to 3/4 cord. Next trick is to bring a pickup load that appears to be the amount ordered but there is 4-6" of bark in the bottom of the bed. Some ignore a buyer who wants to bring a moisture meter when buying wood. I've found more to be dishonest than honest. My Dad used to cut firewood and he went overboard to be sure the customer got their money's worth. Caveat Emptor!
Then there's the "face cord". It's a stack eight feet wide and four feet high (so far so good) but only as deep as the pieces themselves - usually 18 - 20 inches.

A full cord is eight feet by four feet by four feet.

Caveat Emptor, indeed.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
Re: learned how to talk like a sailor
Gedmunds wrote:
priscillaj wrote:
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on. 8)
And that pissed you off?
Hope that ain't me. I don't talk like no sailor. Ain't like me.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Re: learned how to talk like a sailor
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
priscillaj wrote:
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on. 8)
And that pissed you off?
Hope that ain't me. I don't talk like no sailor. Ain't like me.
Paging capt. gary....
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Re: learned how to talk like a sailor
Madison Sully wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
priscillaj wrote:
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on. 8)
And that pissed you off?
Hope that ain't me. I don't talk like no sailor. Ain't like me.
Paging capt. gary....
Laughing emoticon

And the singing of sea shantys? Razz emoticon
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
What is is about funerals?
One of the things I've seen surprisingly often is the frequency of weird behavior around funerals. Normal, agreeable siblings, for example turn into greedy monsters, etc, etc. Once upon a time, I'd expected people to be understanding and generous in grief. But not often enough.

So my aunt, who'd been wasting a way with cancer for several months passed today. Her wishes, I think out of COVID concerns, was for a small, private funeral with only immediate family, to be followed, when safe, by a larger celebration of her life, open to friends and family.

So, her three daughters put their heads together, and in contradiction of her wishes, are doing a full viewing, funeral and burial open to all, apparently because two of my cousins' friends want to see her "one last time."

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, last requests are a sign of love and respect for the person. So IMHO, there's that, plus she's as emaciated as a concentration camp victim and they're risking turning this into a super spreader event. But hey, i won't be there.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
What is pissing me off
I have been sent to hell know what in the cheering me thread. Deliberately ostracised. Typically not talked to, avoiding my company, and acting as if I no longer exist. I am a victim and have been treated as though I am completely invisible and inaudible.

Is there a way for me to redeem myself and be un-ejected from all you cheerful people.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10249
Location: Hermit Kingdom
UTC quote
I know Max. I have nowhere to share this on such a joyous day.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
I went to look back at the ejections. All perfectly justified at the time, five or six people were acting like dicks, wasting at least one moderator's time. All of them have been ejected from several other threads, so there is history.

I've 'un-ejected' three of those from the cheering-up thread. I hope that cheers you up...
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
... cheering is like this ...

Today it pissed me off that they had run out of cream croissants at the bar ... argh!
I folded on the cannoli but it is not the same thing.
@papawheelie avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 GTS 300 Super (Charlene) 1832cc cruiser (The Lambo)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 112
Location: Tigard, OR
 
Hooked
@papawheelie avatar
2012 GTS 300 Super (Charlene) 1832cc cruiser (The Lambo)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 112
Location: Tigard, OR
UTC quote
Are you kidding me? Nobody cares about diesel cars but diesel trucks are scary and loud and stinky to Prius drivers?
[img][/img]
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4274
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4274
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
UTC quote
Plumbing! She Who Must Be Obeyed complains about low water pressure in the shower. So I attempt to fix it. Now no water at all in the shower. I know I can only make it worse. The plumber has been called.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4274
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4274
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
UTC quote
Software updates While I was away from home for a few days, an operating system update came in and ran when I restarted the computer. Now the boot loader is messed up. Previous ways to fix it aren't working. Guess I'll be working on computers while the plumber is fixing the shower.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Plumbing! She Who Must Be Obeyed complains about low water pressure in the shower. So I attempt to fix it. Now no water at all in the shower. I know I can only make it worse. The plumber has been called.
I feel your pain. My < $1000 DIY basement shower project turned into a $5K get-to-know-your-plumber-well project.

Better luck with your IT skills.

There's always the option of another road trip. Razz emoticon
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
 
Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4687
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Plumbing! She Who Must Be Obeyed complains about low water pressure in the shower. So I attempt to fix it. Now no water at all in the shower. I know I can only make it worse. The plumber has been called.
I feel your pain. My < $1000 DIY basement shower project turned into a $5K get-to-know-your-plumber-well project.

Better luck with your IT skills.

There's always the option of another road trip. Razz emoticon
So I go to replace the washers in the shower that are always wearing out, resulting in drips (or streams) of wasted water. When I turn off the main valve to the house - nothing happens!

I suppose it's good to know in case of emergency that I can't shut off the water. So there's that. However, this job is beyond my basic plumbing skills so I am currently waiting for the plumber to show up with a new valve.

I guess this is a good problem, though. It means I have a house to live in. So no complaints, really.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12060
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
UTC quote
So, day starts reasonably good....

Go to my coffeemaker to fill the carafe with water.....I swear it's leaking, but how?

Look closer at it, the bottom of the carafe is cracked, just enough to leak.

Just bought the danged thing last month, had to buy this as our old favorite was discontinued. The carafes generally cost as much as the machine (an inexpensive 4 cup model...).

On the bright side, I have one in the office, so effectively caffeinated. 8)
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Zoom fault and no help from Zoom.
I have acquired a new tablet (Surface Pro 3). I installed Zoom - I use this once or twice a week to contact friends etc.

Zoom cuts my camera view exactly in half, but fits that to the 16:9 frame. The camera works perfectly by itself, in Whatsapp and Skype.

Unless I pay a ransom to Zoom, there's no way of getting any information from them to help sort this out! Grr...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Pissed off because today there was sun and acceptable temperature and I would have liked to go out for a ride on a scooter but I am in the "red zone" and it is forbidden to go out with motorcycles and scooters; only cars and for special cases, food supply or health problems ...
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
Re: Zoom fault and no help from Zoom.
jimc wrote:
I have acquired a new tablet (Surface Pro 3). I installed Zoom - I use this once or twice a week to contact friends etc.

Zoom cuts my camera view exactly in half, but fits that to the 16:9 frame. The camera works perfectly by itself, in Whatsapp and Skype.

Unless I pay a ransom to Zoom, there's no way of getting any information from them to help sort this out! Grr...
That's a bit of an older unit though still it should work. Hopefully it's not Win 8.1? That OS is right up there with Windows ME.

You can adjust video settings in the application and play around with that by toggling original ratio and HD.

If using the application try the web version or vice-versa. It could be you've already tried all that but thought I would throw it out there.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629443-Zoom-Web-Client

Lastly may as well make sure you have the latest drivers/firmware.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43705
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
It's W10, fully updated. Tried all the delete/reset/debug stuff I can think of. The Zoom support bot is hopeless.

Zoom works perfectly on my W7 2011 Lenovo laptop, and even in XP Virtual PC.

Just not on this tablet. I note the colours are all way off as well.

Hey-ho, I've better things to do than worry about this.
@bean_counter avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 BV350 White
Joined: UTC
Posts: 459
Location: East LA County, CA, USA
 
Hooked
@bean_counter avatar
2016 BV350 White
Joined: UTC
Posts: 459
Location: East LA County, CA, USA
UTC quote
Called roadside assistance for my wife who got a flat tire from running over a spiked wire. The dummy that showed up had a small wrench cross bar wrench that didn't the right size socket on it. He rounded over all five of the lug nuts on my rear tire. I have a claim in with my roadside assistance provider to have them all replaced.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7578
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
bean counter wrote:
Called roadside assistance for my wife who got a flat tire from running over a spiked wire. The dummy that showed up had a small wrench cross bar wrench that didn't the right size socket on it. He rounded over all five of the lug nuts on my rear tire. I have a claim in with my roadside assistance provider to have them all replaced.
Rounded all five?!? Headache emoticon

Reminds me of my current Escape. The dealer I bought it from (used) had replaced the tires and brakes, and on installation must have just used full torque on a rather high quality impact wrench. *I* rounded off almost all 20 lug nuts taking them off. Replaced forthwith with solid nuts. (The originals were that nut-with-a-cover sort of thing. I have no idea why they do that.)
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1911
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1911
Location: Central New York
UTC quote
bean counter wrote:
Called roadside assistance for my wife who got a flat tire from running over a spiked wire. The dummy that showed up had a small wrench cross bar wrench that didn't the right size socket on it. He rounded over all five of the lug nuts on my rear tire. I have a claim in with my roadside assistance provider to have them all replaced.
Didn't the car come with a lug nut wrench that fit the nuts on the car?
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1911
Location: Central New York
 
Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1911
Location: Central New York
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
(The originals were that nut-with-a-cover sort of thing. I have no idea why they do that.)
That would be simple economics. The nuts with caps on them are simply cheaper to make. If they save $0.10 per nut and there a re 20 on each car that's $2.00 savings per car and if Ford did that on even half of the approx. 2 million cars the built in say 2019 that would be a savings of $2,000,000.

Now if given a choice you or I would gladly pay $2.00 more for the car to get the better nuts, but if you stop to think how many parts are included in every car there might be hundreds or thousands of places that they have made similar choices to keep the price down.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8508
Location: Toronto
UTC quote
Positive Covid-19 case at our biggest client last Friday. Of course I had my best guy there and now he's self isolating for 2 weeks. Ugh.. and I'm not is any shape to go anywhere for a few weeks myself.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0253s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0179s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]