UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Dude! That's the worst view on a ski slope ever. Hope you get back to normal soon.
I've been skiing for 49 years and this is my first sled ride ☚ī¸. It's not ideal dealing with this at age 61. But I'm determined to be ready for the first snow to fly in the fall.
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC quote
phaskins wrote:
That sucks! My wife did the same thing on the slopes six year back. She opted for a no-nonsense ortho who, surprisingly, told her he thought she could self heal. Took a solid six months but the surgeon was right. Hope your healing process goes just as well.
I blew out my ACL on the right knee in 1993 and the surgeon recommended doing nothing to see how it healed. 31 years later and I've never had problems with that knee. As you noted, self healing is a long process. I had my MRI today. I'll see the surgeon on Friday and we'll talk about next steps.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
UTC quote
Bugger! (Kiwi term that covers a multitude of situations but VERY relevant to yours). Heal well.
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
UTC quote
The butterfly in the throttle body on Sunny (my 2013 GTS) is worn - I posted pix some time back. I just got a quote to replace it...Facepalm emoticon

US$ 1 550 equivalent for parts only (TB+2 new keys to match the controller.)

That's over 1/3 of the insured value of the scoot. What The? emoticon

I need an insurance write-off of a similar bike to cannibalize.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
The butterfly in the throttle body on Sunny (my 2013 GTS) is worn - I posted pix some time back. I just got a quote to replace it...Facepalm emoticon

US$ 1 550 equivalent for parts only (TB+2 new keys to match the controller.)

That's over 1/3 of the insured value of the scoot. What The? emoticon

I need an insurance write-off of a similar bike to cannibalize.
I replaced the throttle body / ecu in my 2019 Supertech with a 2nd hand one for AU$360. https://modernvespa.com/forum/post2546564#2546564

Also when buying a brand new one you don't need new keys as a new one can be programmed to match existing keys.

PS swapping a tb is very easy. There's a video by Robot on how to
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
Not as big a deal as skiing accident or bad throttle body that cost 1/3 the value of a scoot, but just a newspaper article.

Todays paper in the automotive section there is a big article explaining the importance of winter tires! I mean it's Feb 9th! Here in the northern hemisphere if you have managed to survive till now without dedicated snow tires you probably can go a few weeks more. Kind of like thinking about closing the bard door after the cows have wandered off!

I guess one could make the argument that now might be a good time to shop for them for next winter as the tire shops might want to clear out the shelves of left over stock?
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
kshansen,

All weather tires and front wheel/all wheel drive have sort of made
snow tires a thing of the past here in Minnesota. My boss puts
snow tires on his real wheel drive BMW because the rear wheel drive
vehicles are crappy in the Winter.

Bob Copeland
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
caschnd1,

I am joining you on the injured list. Fell on the ice and broke my
left ankle. I thought it was just sprained - didn't improve - went
in for an X-Ray - sure as heck busted. I have to go back to the
orthopedic for a follow-up. The doc looking at the X-Ray thought
the hair thin fracture may not need surgery.

So, I am hobbling around like quasimodo.

Again best to you.

Bob Copeland
Iced over minnesota.
At least, the right foot is free to drive.
At least, the right foot is free to drive.
I am moving around like this guy.
I am moving around like this guy.
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
caschnd1,

Again best to you.

Bob Copeland
Iced over minnesota.
Oh, bummer! Sorry to hear that Bob. I broke a small bone in my right foot about 10 years ago and had to wear a similar boot for about 8 weeks. It was a pain but didn't require surgery. The biggest challenge for me was that I didn't own a car at the time. I only had my 1949 Harley-Davidson and a 1980 Vespa P200e. The P200e worked pretty well with the boot Laughing emoticon I hope you heal quickly.
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
Not as big a deal as skiing accident or bad throttle body that cost 1/3 the value of a scoot, but just a newspaper article.

Todays paper in the automotive section there is a big article explaining the importance of winter tires! I mean it's Feb 9th! Here in the northern hemisphere if you have managed to survive till now without dedicated snow tires you probably can go a few weeks more. Kind of like thinking about closing the bard door after the cows have wandered off!

I guess one could make the argument that now might be a good time to shop for them for next winter as the tire shops might want to clear out the shelves of left over stock?
It's definitely a good time to buy winter tires if someone still has them in stock. As you said, the prices are best as they don't want to carry that stock over the summer. I have done a lot of driving in snow this winter. Snow/ice tires make a big difference. Here in the Tahoe area, you are required to have snow/ice tires and 4WD or AWD when chain controls are in place. If you don't, you have to chain up, which is a real pain in the backside.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
caschnd1,

Again best to you.

Bob Copeland
Iced over minnesota.
Bob,

If it turns out your doctor doesn't want you putting any weight on it, I highly recommend getting a hands-free crutch.

When I broke my leg just above the ankle back in 2011, my wife tracked one down for me so that I could go back to work.

I can't remember where we rented it from, but it was only about $150 for two months. It can best be described as a strap-on peg leg. The design has changed since then, and the price seems to have come down - I found it for sale on Amazon for $159. This page from a Knee Scooter rental place has a good comparison between the hands-free crutch and the knee scooters.
Ahoy!
Ahoy!
@cheshire avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS (sold)

Molto Verboso
@cheshire avatar
GTS (sold)
UTC quote
Hands-free crutches are amazing.

The one I used post-amputation until I got my prosthetic is called an iWalk. I highly recommend them for being mobile while recovering from something that's below the knee.

You can either do a web search for "iwalk" and order online or try a local durable medical equipment store. I got mine locally for somewhere between 150-200 USD$.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Cheshire wrote:
Hands-free crutches are amazing.

The one I used post-amputation until I got my prosthetic is called an iWalk. I highly recommend them for being mobile while recovering from something that's below the knee.

You can either do a web search for "iwalk" and order online or try a local durable medical equipment store. I got mine locally for somewhere between 150-200 USD$.
The one I rented was an early version of the iWalk, and the one I liked to on Amazon is an iWalk.

I loved mine once I got used to it. I could walk just as fast with it as I could before I broke my leg. Multiple physical therapists stopped me when I was out with it asking about it, because they'd never seen one.

The only drawback was it was uncomfortable to sit with it on, and I'd have to remove it to get into the car. But the convenience of having the use of both hands was well worth the hassle.
@cheshire avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS (sold)

Molto Verboso
@cheshire avatar
GTS (sold)
UTC quote
@monodogo I didn't notice the text link in your post...whoops. My intent was along the "another good experience with" lines.

Yeah, they're a bit awkward when you're not standing... but it's much easier to stash under a table or chair than traditional crutches. 😊 My favorite thing about it is that stairs are actually doable while wearing...regular crutches are a nightmare for that!
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
Monogodo,

Thanks for the advise.

Bob Copeland
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown

MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
Monogodo,

Thanks for the advise.

Bob Copeland
I couldn't see the hands free crutch very well but I had one called an iWalk and I liked it.

You can walk almost normally, even up and down stairs once you get the hang of it and both hands are free.

The disadvantages are that it takes about a half a minute to put it on and you can't sit comfortably in a chair while wearing it.

Good luck.
@seamus26 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50

Ossessionato
@seamus26 avatar
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50
UTC quote
Let me tell you about my week. Let me preface this by saying my entire family has stayed virtually illness free for nearly three years now. It's been a good run.

A week ago Thursday I developed some stomach cramps. For some reason my brain said, "You should really go home." I actually listened to my brain and left work early. It's a good thing I did.

So, for those of you who have had colonoscopies, remember the prep work? Imagine that for six days. By the time I went to the doctor on Sunday I had lost nearly eight pounds. And I never quit eating.

In the meantime, my son brought home a nasty cold from his job at the hospital. He was miserable and just seems to be doing better as of yesterday. My wife, on the other hand, is miserable with it. I have a scratchy throat, but it hasn't developed beyond that. And for that I'm glad.

Because yesterday morning I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee maker to finish brewing. I was feeling better than I had in days and was just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. As one does, I reached down for a manly scratch and something just. Didn't. Feel. Right.

One ... two ... three? I'm fifty three years old and never in my life have I counted more than two. I ran in the bathroom hoping that perhaps I was having a weird boxer malfunction but nope. Three.

(OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!)

So I showed my wife and we agreed calling a doctor would be prudent. I mean, I've never even named the first two and now they've taken in a roommate?

The doctor promptly diagnosed it as a varicocele. The definition is this :

"A varicocele (VAR-ih-koe-seel) is an enlargement of the veins within the loose bag of skin that holds the testicles (scrotum). These veins transport oxygen-depleted blood from the testicles. A varicocele occurs when blood pools in the veins rather than circulating efficiently out of the scrotum."

Peachy.

There's no pain associated with it. At this point, anyway. And if I'm not thinking about it I don't even notice. But when I do start thinking about it my brain begins screaming inside my skull. See above.

Life's little surprises.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
seamus26 wrote:
Because yesterday morning I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee maker to finish brewing. I was feeling better than I had in days and was just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. As one does, I reached down for a manly scratch and something just. Didn't. Feel. Right.

One ... two ... three? I'm fifty three years old and never in my life have I counted more than two. I ran in the bathroom hoping that perhaps I was having a weird boxer malfunction but nope. Three.

(OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!)

So I showed my wife and we agreed calling a doctor would be prudent. I mean, I've never even named the first two and now they've taken in a roommate?

The doctor promptly diagnosed it as a varicocele. The definition is this :

"A varicocele (VAR-ih-koe-seel) is an enlargement of the veins within the loose bag of skin that holds the testicles (scrotum). These veins transport oxygen-depleted blood from the testicles. A varicocele occurs when blood pools in the veins rather than circulating efficiently out of the scrotum."

Peachy.

There's no pain associated with it. At this point, anyway. And if I'm not thinking about it I don't even notice. But when I do start thinking about it my brain begins screaming inside my skull. See above.

Life's little surprises.
I was diagnosed with one during a sports physical when I was in 7th grade (11-years old, for you non-USA peeps) in 1980. Like yours, I had no pain associated with it, so I ignored it. Also at that time, the doctor who diagnosed me creeped me out. Instead of asking me to take off my pants and lower my underwear for the exam, he sat on a stool in front of me and did it himself. Add to that I was a pre-pubescent kid, and having your parents ask if you have an issue with your scrotum while you're at the dinner table, the first response is, "no, I'm normal."

Over the years it grew (more veins added to the mass).

In the early 1990s I mentioned it to one GP, who happened to be a woman, and she said, "oh, that's a varicocele, it's nothing to worry about," but didn't explain what it was, or spell it out for me to research it, or anything.

So I continued to ignore it, and it continued to increase in size.

Around 1995 I mentioned it to my (male) GP. He couldn't find/feel it, even when I took his hand and put it right on it. His response was, "I don't see anything wrong, but you're obviously concerned, so I'm going to refer you to a urologist." The urologist found it immediately, told me what it was, etc. He asked if I'd fathered any children at that point (no). He said if I was wanting to, that he'd recommend getting it taken care of, as it can have an adverse effect on sperm production. He said if I wasn't wanting children, and it wasn't causing pain, to not worry about it.

A year or so later, it would hurt at the end of a day at work. I was on my feet all day, and the blood would pool in the veins, and it would hurt. So I went back to the urologist and scheduled the surgery. They went in through the lower abdomen, just above the genital area on the left side. After the surgery he said I had the biggest one he'd ever seen...varicocele, that is. He lost count of how many veins he snipped and tied off. He did say that there's a possibility of it coming back, and that the mass should atrophy eventually.

I still have remnants of the veins there, but it doesn't behave like a varicocele anymore.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Cheshire wrote:
@monodogo I didn't notice the text link in your post...whoops. My intent was along the "another good experience with" lines.

Yeah, they're a bit awkward when you're not standing... but it's much easier to stash under a table or chair than traditional crutches. 😊 My favorite thing about it is that stairs are actually doable while wearing...regular crutches are a nightmare for that!
I understood your intent, I was just trying to reinforce your positive experience. It's all good on my end
vintage red matthew wrote:
I couldn't see the hands free crutch very well but I had one called an iWalk and I liked it.

You can walk almost normally, even up and down stairs once you get the hang of it and both hands are free.

The disadvantages are that it takes about a half a minute to put it on and you can't sit comfortably in a chair while wearing it.

Good luck.
I call it a hands free crutch, because that's what my wife searched for when my employer said I couldn't come back to work if I was on crutches. And I forgot the brand name, iWalk when I went to comment, so I searched for hands free crutch. It's kinda like Scooter vs. Vespa. One's generic, the other is a specific brand.

I got really good at being able to put it on and take it off quickly. And I modified the knee pad on mine to give additional clearance for my cast (I contacted the rental company first to make sure it was ok to do so).

I was able to unload a full pallet of paper (40 cases that are 12"x18"x12" and weigh 40lbs each) by myself while wearing it.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
I was born and raised in Montreal and believe me we could do snow and the plows had it down to an art. Massive plow trucks with dump trucks next to them collecting the snow. I remember seeing 20 ft snow banks on the side of the road and thought nothing of it. If you get white knuckles driving in snow you DO NOT want to be on the 20 or the 40 during a snow storm In a major storm things would slow down a bit but regular snow? Nah full speed ahead and this is before ABS and the toys we have now.

We used to jump off the 2nd story fire escapes at our duplexes in to snow banks in the backyard . Fun times.. we'd also run up to the local park and grab the shovels to clear the ice at the outdoor rinks. Ouellette park just up the street where I grew up had 2 full size and rinks and a smaller rinks with boards, line markings, penalty boxes and chicken wire surrounding the rinks. One smaller kiddy rink which is where I learnt how to skate at 5 years old. On the few days the schools were closed because it was "too cold" we'd spend all day playing shinny. When your man parts shrivelled up you'd head down in to the chalet for a few minutes then head back out. Yes, lost both my front teeth and had stitches put in my head more than a few times. You can't have more fun than that!
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
The fact that I turned 58 yesterday.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
Fell on the ice and broke my
left ankle. I thought it was just sprained

Missed this one! Was there a couple of years ago. Same leg. Fell in my parking lot, limped around all morning until I decided it needed an X-ray. What a PITA! The iwalk was a big improvement over crutches, but looved the knee scooter. A bit of fun in a miserable time. Just don't do what our local dentist did. Fractured his ankle, no surgery, then a month or so in got careless and crashed his scooter and wound up surgical anyway.

Sure was a good boost for developing empathy!

You should be healed in time for riding season at least!
⚠ī¸ Last edited by fledermaus on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Lurker
Primavera 50 4t 4v

Lurker
Primavera 50 4t 4v
UTC quote
Blind car drivers are always a favorite - but I have come to quiet acceptance that that won't change and it's my job to anticipate the idiotic stuff.

So now it doesn't piss me off anymore- I just shrug and go 'Ah well, one of those again'.

However, trying to get hold of an actual person on the phone from a company or tax office still sends me in a spiral of anger / despair / sobbing/ whimpering / and then back to anger again.

Life, eh? Beats the alternative:)
@chipshot avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2014 BV 350

Enthusiast
@chipshot avatar
2014 BV 350
UTC quote
Leaf blowers. The most awful non-lethal invention of all time, and the biggest waste of energy ever.

Nothing like a face full of leaves and grit when riding by some idiot blowing everything into the street.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC quote
Planned group ride today cancelled because the north of New Zealand has a category 2 cyclone clipping the top of the North Island. The wind has increased since I got up, and there's rain in the air. No fun riding in that for a gentle ride from coffee to lunch.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
pigletpilot wrote:
Planned group ride today cancelled because the north of New Zealand has a category 2 cyclone clipping the top of the North Island. The wind has increased since I got up, and there's rain in the air. No fun riding in that for a gentle ride from coffee to lunch.
Missed opportunity for a top speed run!

Stay safe up there.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
jess wrote:
Dude! That's the worst view on a ski slope ever. Hope you get back to normal soon.
^^^This in spades!^^^
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
So, it was above 40F today, and I still had my GTS transmission apart from trying to sort out my weird noise. I was thinking about undoing the clutch, but without tools and thinking it was a long shot, had decided just to button it up and see what developed.

I was just going to reinstall the belt for now, which I did, only to find a bit later that two of the pieces of my variator holding tool were missing. Facepalm emoticon It's a pretty clean workplace at the moment, so there was no abyss for it to disappear into.

While I had momentum I finished closing it up and on a whim decided to start it. My weird noise was inexplicably gone, but was hearing a more ominous engine noise. After a minute or two of listening and trying to figure it out, I realized the dipstick I'd not bothered to fasten had popped off and I had a nice splash of oil on my jeans.

Noise problem(s) solved, for now, I just had oil to clean up, and half a variator holding kit to locate.
@tidwillow avatar
UTC

Hooked
GILERA FUOCO II & GTS 300 SUPER

Hooked
@tidwillow avatar
GILERA FUOCO II & GTS 300 SUPER
UTC quote
Tried to go to Bacchus Mardi Gras parade last night with wifey and friends. Ended up in the middle of a shootout. 5 people shot, 1 dead. In the middle of all the revelry, no respect.....
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
Tidwillow,

Glad you safely dodged the bullets. Be safe.

Bob Copeland
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125

Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
UTC quote
TIDWILLOW wrote:
Tried to go to Bacchus Mardi Gras parade last night with wifey and friends. Ended up in the middle of a shootout. 5 people shot, 1 dead. In the middle of all the revelry, no respect.....
This is why we cannot have nice things. Happy to hear you and yours were unharmed. Tragic that was not the case for everyone.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Speedo glass (not actually glass) has had this weird melting going on in the inside for a while now. Last week noticed some cracking. Spontaneous?

Luckily just the plastic is available from SIP so don't need a whole new speedo. Is this a common problem?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
It looks like the cracking that you'd get in a windscreen but I doubt that there's any amount of stress in the housing that would cause that.

The melting could just be a bad injection at the point of manufacture ?

Having said that it does look like drips ? Water inside ?
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
znomit,

I do not know if you have a windscreen. I had the Vespa Medium
installed on my GTS300 Super. It came with a warning not to park
the scoot with the back pointed directly at the sun. Evidently the
heat from the sun radiates back on the speedo.

So, if a park for more than a moment, I point the scoot at the sun.

May not be the problems here.

Bob Copeland
Park in the shade or front to the sun if you have a windscreen.
Park in the shade or front to the sun if you have a windscreen.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Had to have Sebastian euthanised this afternoon. He was the friendliest huge black cat you could imagine. Always on a lap or purring. Unsure of his age, (15-17?) but he's just had a series of UTIs and was diagnosed with stage 5 kidney disease. Mrs jimc couldn't be there as she's on the last two days of Covid quarantine - she had to wait in the car.

That leaves us with just two cats, a far cry from the (mumble mumble huge number) cats I originally encountered 13 years ago.

One (Miso) is a feral cat who likes to be in the house overnight, but won't stay in the same room as a human. The other, Linney, tolerates human presence just fine, is maddeningly vocal, but won't be touched.

So our cat snuggling days are over.

@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
So sorry to hear about Sebastian. I'm sure he had a good life & you'll have many happy memories.
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
I seriously considered skipping out today just because of winter weather and I simply didn't want to deal with it. I really should have.

Instead, I got to spend an hour and a half in lockdown at my college campus. Facepalm emoticon

Nobody hurt, but I just got home and was hit by exhaustion from it all. I'm going to go binge-eat for a while and then hit bed obscenely early. Just done.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
znomit,

I do not know if you have a windscreen. I had the Vespa Medium
installed on my GTS300 Super. It came with a warning not to park
the scoot with the back pointed directly at the sun. Evidently the
heat from the sun radiates back on the speedo.

So, if a park for more than a moment, I point the scoot at the sun.

May not be the problems here.

Bob Copeland
This might be it Bob. I've been parking in the opposite direction at work lately so it's been catching the glorious but intense South Pacific afternoon sun.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
The BMW is broken. Again.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0547s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0331s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]