Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Whats all this thenn??

And now I'm upset that the pagw wouldn't let me properly express myself with all caps.
I've woken up to fresh snow twice since "spring" officially arrived. I guess it goes along the the 700"+ of snow at the Central Sierra Snow Lab just 40mi west of me. Facepalm emoticon ROFL emoticon
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
BVBob wrote:
Please, please, someone explain this to me. My neighbor across the street ONLY BACKS into his driveway. He got his wife to do the same. Our street has NO traffic other than the people who live here. His EFFEN headlights blind us while in our living room constantly. They have four cars between the two of them - all blacked in. When they get home they sit there with the lights on for what seems an eternity each time. Why do people back in. This is a serious question. The only thing I can think of is he ran over someone at some point in the past. Four years of this... My temper is not good so I'm refraining from asking him.

Help!

Bob
My wife and I always back into our garage. Our street is busier than what you describe yours is, though. Even if it wasn't we'd still back in due to it being safer to pull out of the driveway than it is to back out of it.

But we always hit the garage door button as soon as we're in, so that our headlights aren't shining on our neighbor's house more than necessary.
UTC

Molto Verboso
LXS 150

Molto Verboso
LXS 150
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:
My wife and I always back into our garage. Our street is busier than what you describe yours is, though. Even if it wasn't we'd still back in due to it being safer to pull out of the driveway than it is to back out of it.

But we always hit the garage door button as soon as we're in, so that our headlights aren't shining on our neighbor's house more than necessary.
Absolutely unrelated, but I used to live in a house with a steeply-downsloped (toward the garage) short driveway that my car could only enter backwards. When going forward, the air dam would catch on the edge of the garage slab (a door-sill, if you will). Long front overhang, but a short rear one.

Probably would have blinded the across-the-street neighbors through their second-story windows every time, if they'd been looking...
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:

The one thing that I notice is that they leave delivery boxes on their front porch for days... I know why. They never see the front of their house! They back in, and when they leave they just drive away. Stuff gets blown over, etc. and they don't catch it until garbage day or grass cutting. They don't see the front of their house! This, by the way, is the same couple I complained about up thread for feeding the geese to everyone in the neighborhood's chagrin. Believe it or not but the wife actually pulled into the driveway today!!! I almost passed out. He wasn't home so she was a rebel.

Bob
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Obviously you need a strong active HOA.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
UTC quote
I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I have a retirement job delivering cars for a local dealer. Well, today I had a job towing their large dual axle lowering trailer (Futura brand, aluminium alloy construction, 600kg empty) to pick up a Hyundai Santa Fe from the Hamilton Hyundai dealer to take to Tauranga 100km away over a mountain range (Kaimai Range, described as a mountain range on Wikipedia). Having picked up and strapped down the Santa Fe I then had to manoeuvre my way out of their congested yard. I had a look and it appeared I could drive around one of their buildings but of course there were cars everywhere. Just when I thought I had cleared the car on my right (the side we sit on here) while making a right turn the trailer stalled a little. I looked in the mirror and saw the front axle trying to skid sideways so I continued (under 5kmh) then suddenly it was easy. I figured this wasn't right so got out and found the back left (blind) corner of the trailer had caught the front left corner of a car parked in the yard.
I was devastated, I hate damaging anything, and even worse if it isn't mine. Both the Hyundai dealer and the guy I was working for were pretty relaxed, "that's why they call them accidents"! It appears I haven't blotted my copybook and will still be offered work with the trailer.
The damage.
The damage.
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:

I cannot understand the problem...

I live in a walled property with a narrow, panhandle driveway.
There is limited turning area inside my yard, so I also back into the driveway.

But I back in with my headlights OFF.

After all, I am going backwards and the Forester has reverse lights that come on even when the headlights are off. Why do you keep your headlights turned on when you are going in the other direction?
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
I cannot understand the problem...

I live in a walled property with a narrow, panhandle driveway.
There is limited turning area inside my yard, so I also back into the driveway.

But I back in with my headlights OFF.

After all, I am going backwards and the Forester has reverse lights that come on even when the headlights are off. Why do you keep your headlights turned on when you are going in the other direction?
Exactly!!!!
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
Data mining. I got my car's oil etc. changed today. It came with a substantial rebate offer -- $50 on $215 worth of service. But to get the rebate you have to register online...and agree to their terms and conditions, privacy policy etc. Clicking through to their privacy policy... Wha? emoticon ...what a list of personal info they want to use, for so many purposes! Not that everybody isn't already collecting a lot of information about me, but this was much more than usual. I guess I'll pass.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
I'm pissed at my boss.

I was out from work pretty much all last week due to a medical issue. She was aware of this, and has no problem with it. But that meant that this week I had to work my ass off to get the printing done that I should have done last week.

During a staff meeting on Wednesday, she asked what the status of that work was. I told her the printing was complete (it was), that I had two other orders that the supervisor had sent to me to print, but that after that my printer was available. She then said, "if I'd known it was going to take this long to print those items, I'd have bumped them for this other order." I almost replied with, "if I'd not been out last week, they'd have been done already," but thought I'd better not.

The items I was working on are for an event next week, and the customer is travelling with the items, and their flight leaves tomorrow. It HAD to be done on time, regardless of whatever other work we have.

Anyway, vent over, moving on to the next issue.
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
For over a year now, I've actually been using a wheelchair almost fulltime. Tricky health crap that nobody wants to deal with, and it's an uphill battle, so I've just been trying to live my life as best I can in the meantime.

Except for these goddamn "seating professionals."

I swear, if something can go wrong regarding my chair, they'll either be the cause or the reason it gets worse. A couple weeks ago, they loaned me a different cushion to try out, as mine is well past its useful life (this shit is at least as expensive as Vespa stuff, and frequently much more). My chair required adjustments to compensate for the different cushion size, but nobody could do it--the repair guy routinely tightens everything down to the point nobody else can crack the bolts and screws after him. He's unavailable for weeks. I'm in pain from things not being adjusted properly, and I don't have the strength to do it, either. So I just asked for my original cushion back.

THEY THREW IT AWAY.

I'm just... I...
I'm honestly impressed by how fucking incompetent these people are. I really am. I've been dealing with them for just over a year now, and they still manage to get my phone number and address incorrect a good 50% of the time, despite me including it in a large bold font in every single email I exchange with them. Truly amazing.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
We have a huge job (1000 double-sided prints each for 190 locations, each location's prints are unique to it) in the shop that is due tomorrow (Wednesday). Last Thursday, my supervisor asked if I could come in late on Friday and work late. I said sure, and came in at 8am, intending on working until 5pm. Due to the massive amount of work to do, I ended up staying until 6pm. That day, management decided that we could voluntarily work Saturday and/or Sunday, from 6am to 10am, to help get the job done. I chose to work Saturday morning.

On Monday, I arrived at my usual time (7am). Later that morning I was asked if I was willing to work late on Monday and Tuesday. I said I could on Monday, but that I had an appointment after work on Tuesday, so I couldn't that day. I ended up working until 7pm yesterday.

When I got home, I was exhausted. I ate dinner, and ended up falling asleep on the couch, but not a deep sleep. At 9pm, I decided I should go to bed, but needed to charge my watch first. Finally at 9:30 my watch was charged enough, and I went to bed. I slept through until 5am, and got up to get ready for work.

I felt fine at work yesterday, with only 5 hours of sleep. Today I feel exhausted. I'm struggling to stay awake. That's what's pissing me off.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
Today:

1. My scooter tried to kill me today by dying in traffic and refusing to start again for 10secs. I was struck in the middle and couldn't get off the road - unpleasant. (See my recent thread about dying throttle body).

2. The cat rescue and adoption centre gave the kitten I chose to someone else while I raced home on my grumpy scooter to get my photo ID while praying that my scoot would make it all the way back.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
We're reorganizing our workspace. We currently have production split on three floors, so our new Director cleared out all the offset presses on the first floor, and is having the press room remodeled to be our new digital production area, and all of us will move down there. This is good, and cheers me up.

She has asked me to create a floorplan so that the electricians can put proper power outlets in the places we need them. I measured one wall, then the short wall perpendicular to it, and created my plan. I even got ahold of the actual architectural plans.

Yesterday I was checking out the room after they remediated the asbestos in the floors & ceiling. I noticed that the pattern of the floor tiles at one end made it appear that the room wasn't square. So I counted the ceiling tiles along that end, there were two 2' tiles on the end of the row, and seven 4' tiles between them. I walked to the other end of the room and checked that end. Again, two 2' tiles on the ends of the row. Except that end had eight 4' tiles between them. The room is 4' wider at one end than the other.

So now I have to redo my floor plan to reflect this new trapezoidal shape.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
Have you considered getting another job ?
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Update on the room:

I just got back from measuring it. The wall that was added that I thought wasn't parallel is actually parallel to the support pillars and the rest of the building. The outside wall that I thought was square, is not actually square.

When I go to Google Maps and look at the satellite view, I can plainly see that one wall is not square to the other three. The yellow rectangle is the approximate location of the room in question, if it were square. The dashed red lines show the actual walls of the room.
Bill Dog wrote:
Have you considered getting another job ?
Nah, I love my job. Most of my complaints are nit-picky.
Unsquare Room
Unsquare Room
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
UTC quote
Always check the diagonals of a room to determine if it is square.

I once had to measure up a premises where the draftsman had shown it as rectangular, but it was actually fan-shaped.
@armedferret avatar
UTC

Addicted
'23 300 Super

Addicted
@armedferret avatar
'23 300 Super
UTC quote
As my inaugural post here, no better spot for this rant I suppose...

Ordered a red GTS 12 March.

Still "in process", even though 2 different dealers semi-near to me have received and sold stock red gts models. One still has one in stock. Of course if i attempt to cancel the order they hit me for $500 according to the t&c's....and naturally the tickets i've submitted, attempts to engage via social media, and called the ny office (which just rings to a full voicemail box). Not a peep.

As Clarkson so eloquently said once "this is why italy's nearly bankrupt"
@sharkfetus avatar
UTC

GTS300 Super Sport

@sharkfetus avatar
GTS300 Super Sport
UTC quote
armedferret wrote:
As my inaugural post here, no better spot for this rant I suppose...

Ordered a red GTS 12 March.

Still "in process", even though 2 different dealers semi-near to me have received and sold stock red gts models. One still has one in stock. Of course if i attempt to cancel the order they hit me for $500 according to the t&c's....and naturally the tickets i've submitted, attempts to engage via social media, and called the ny office (which just rings to a full voicemail box). Not a peep.

As Clarkson so eloquently said once "this is why italy's nearly
bankrupt"
FWIW… my 2023 GTS 300 Super Sport took about 10 months to arrive. I feel your pain.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Decided to take the LX150 to work today, weather's settled and all, and down one scooter. My conscience told me to check tire pressures as it's been a good week, perhaps two since it's been out. I was low on time and didn't feel like wrestling around with the tire gauge for a short trip.

Bad move. Got an eighth of a mile down the road to a turn and rear end was all squishy....tire had unbeaded itself (is that even a word?). So pushed it back home (with a bit of engine power), dumped it in the garage, got my gear off and went to work. Fortunately my first appointment had already rescheduled....

Can't wait to get home and see what's up....well, not really.

But hey, I still have one running scooter!
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Always check the diagonals of a room to determine if it is square.

I once had to measure up a premises where the draftsman had shown it as rectangular, but it was actually fan-shaped.
It was rather difficult to do that when I first too my measurements, as the room was filled with offset presses and other equipment.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Not pissing me off, but making me sad:

I learned yesterday (5/3) that a good friend & drinking buddy of mine died the day before (5/2).

On Thursday of last week (4/27), a mutual friend texted me to let me know that Ron was on life support in the ICU at a hospital in San Antonio. His friends had found him on the floor of his condo, and it was suspected that he'd been there for 2 days. The doctors suspected he had a stroke.

Yesterday the friend texted me to let me know that he had died peacefully the day before.

He was 72 years old.

I'm glad I met him and became friends with him. His friendship enriched my life in multiple ways.

Funny story of the day we met:

My roommate, a friend of hers, and I went to TGI Fridays to have dinner and play network trivia at the bar. We sat in a booth in the cocktail area, with the women on one side of the booth, and me on the other. We were having a good time, calling out joke answers to the questions, and generally enjoying the evening. There was an older man at the bar with his back to us. He kept turning and giving us mildly dirty looks. Finally, during a break in a game, he came over to our booth.

I was wearing a flannel shirt, and I had the top couple of buttons undone. As he approached, he looked towards my open collar and said, "ooh, you have a nice hair chest. Undo a button for me."

My friends looked at me, as I looked him right in the eyes. I thought about simply undoing another button, then I had an idea. Without breaking eye contact, I slowly reached up with my right hand and undid the button on the left breast pocket of the shirt.

He immediately threw his hands in the air and turned back to his seat at the bar, all the time exclaiming loudly about the cheekiness of my actions ("Oh! I can't believe he did that!" etc.). My two friends and I all laughed.

At the next break, he came over and introduced himself, and we became friends.

I didn't have much contact with him over the last 10-15 years, mainly because he moved to San Antonio, and wasn't on social media much at all. I'll miss knowing he's there, though.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Not quite pissed off, but..... borrowed my wife's LX to go to work Monday, found out the hard way tire was flat. Got it reinflated, but still has a slow leak, maybe 5# every 24 hours. I've been over the whole thing with soapy water twice now, and no sign of a leak. Livid emoticon Guess all I can do for now is keep a close eye on it....I rode it into work today after topping it up, made sure I had a tire gauge on board....
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Not quite pissed off, but..... borrowed my wife's LX to go to work Monday, found out the hard way tire was flat. Got it reinflated, but still has a slow leak, maybe 5# every 24 hours. I've been over the whole thing with soapy water twice now, and no sign of a leak. Livid emoticon Guess all I can do for now is keep a close eye on it....I rode it into work today after topping it up, made sure I had a tire gauge on board....
Did you check in and around the valve and valve stem?
Oh, and, erm, ahem, would I recognize the wheel if I saw it?
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Did you check in and around the valve and valve stem?
Oh, and, erm, ahem, would I recognize the wheel if I saw it?
Yes I did!

Would you recognize it? Erm, it's the LX rear, and pretty sure the front is the one you'd be concerned with. Whew emoticon
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Did you carefully check the sidewall? I've just found a very slow leak in a trailer spare tyre that's in the sidewall - it was only by chance a bit of soapy water spilled onto that area. It's the tiniest of pinpricks - caused I reckon by old age and the sun, as the tyre is 13 years old...
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Did you carefully check the sidewall?
Not carefully, I did a lot of spraying while checking the bead. Could eventually look closer though. FWIW the tire isn't all that old, maybe 6 years, 95% of that time sitting in a garage...
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie

Addicted
@billrush avatar
UTC quote
What does "found out the hard way mean?"

By riding it and not seeing it was flat before you took off?
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
My community college is a rarity in that it actually has a campus health clinic. And while small, it's a VERY good clinic. It has almost nonexistent barriers for care, including for the international students (who often can't get care anywhere else). They let the health program students get clinical work hours, they run vaccination drives, assist with the healthcare classes, offer many over the counter services without appointments, and in my personal experience, they give far better service than my primary's office. It's only $45 per term, and that's it. The majority of their services are included in that fee, including as many office visits as you need. More often than not, you can be seen on the same day.

The board of education doesn't like that. They think it costs too much, even though many other programs are much further down their respective financial holes. They don't care that students are literally the ones who created the clinic by voting to charge themselves a fee to support its existence 50 years ago. They think replacing it with cheaper outsourced telehealth will suffice. They think referrals to other community resources is enough (even though said local resources are so swamped it takes MONTHS to get an appointment for anything anywhere, even with decent insurance).

They didn't ask students about it. They didn't tell staff, employees, or faculty until a couple weeks ago, in an email. They didn't comply with educator union contracts that require them to have a 30-day discussion period about it. And they literally didn't tell students at all. The only way any of us found out was due to alarmed faculty who told some of us.

I found out about around 5pm on Wednesday that some of the student government was going to rally and attend the board meeting at 6. There were so many people from across campus that went to it, they moved the meeting to an entirely different building to accommodate. The regular board meeting has room for a couple dozen in the audience. This meeting had an estimated 150+.

Nearly 30 of us signed up to speak, and did so for nearly 2 hours. Afterward, the school president spoke, which most of us replied to with a very quick "boo!" Another board member had the audacity to scold us for it, saying it was "disrespectful." We were then shown very obviously cherry-picked data on how poor the financial situation was, despite many of us asking why we weren't even allowed to throw more money at it that we were gladly offering to, even while facing a 5% tuition increase next year.

Everyone who knows about this is extremely upset. The official decision is going to be announced at the next board meeting on the 17th, which is clearly not much time for us to do anything remotely like turning their hearts around to the true meaning of Christmas. The fact that their timeline is so short, their email announcement to staff implied they had already decided, and the straight up misleading data really makes it feel like a done deal. The longer-serving clinic staff say this isn't the first time they've had to fight this battle, but they're not very confidant right now.

I'm taking a tiny bit of solace in the fact that a significant number of them are currently up for reelection, and I haven't turned in my ballot yet. I've taken to posting eloquent but very uncomfortable public questions to them when I find their campaign social media.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:
What does "found out the hard way mean?"

By riding it and not seeing it was flat before you took off?
Exactly. I was pretty sure I'd checked in the past week, but now not so sure. Rookie mistake from someone who should know better.
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@billrush avatar
UTC quote
It happens of course. To avoid that, I have pressure sensors on the valve stems that warn me if the pressure is low. Too important for me to miss. I hope I wouldn't miss flat, but low? Might
@outsider avatar
UTC

Hooked
ET 50 GTS250ie Sprint 150

Hooked
@outsider avatar
ET 50 GTS250ie Sprint 150
UTC quote
We have a new Vespa Dealer in town. Been selling Motorcycles for 50 years. Now selling Vespas. Called parts dept said I bought used Vespa with no brown key. They said you need new CDI I said no I can send key to Modern Vespa and they can make one. Called today needed exhaust nut for 2019 Sprint 150 said the parts list showed nut with washer. I said no I can order the correct nut with flange from Scooterwest or Scooterparts.co and it matches the nut I need. My Point is if your are going to be a Vespa Dealer Know Your Shit!
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown

MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
A surefire way to find even the smallest leak is to submerge the whole tire/wheel assembly in water.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
A surefire way to find even the smallest leak is to submerge the whole tire/wheel assembly in water.
Submerge the whole scooter and check both wheels at the same time.
UTC

Addicted
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3, Matchless G80S, Honda CBR400RR, Ducati ST4S

Addicted
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3, Matchless G80S, Honda CBR400RR, Ducati ST4S
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Submerge the whole scooter and check both wheels at the same time.
This isnt a good idea, they make you leave the swimming pool and then you get banned.

Do one wheel at a time and you can pretend its a swimming aid.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Matchlessman wrote:
This isn't a good idea, they make you leave the swimming pool and then you get banned.

Do one wheel at a time and you can pretend it's a swimming aid.
HA! I was thinking a boat ramp would do the trick.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon

Believe me, there's a moment of temptation.

If there was a chance of that sorting out my GTS noise....
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
I go to my local Post Office to post some stickers to California with my return address on the back, the delivery address on the front with an International postage next to it and they delivered it to my house today.

Stunning work.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
Bill Dog wrote:
I go to my local Post Office to post some stickers to California with my return address on the back, the delivery address on the front with an International postage next to it and they delivered it to my house today.

Stunning work.
I don't know how postal regulations are set up in the UK, but in the US, the USPS requires the return address to be in the upper left corner of the envelope. Because the mail sorting equipment is automated, if the return address is on the back, and the envelope is flipped over prior to going through the machines, it could end up being processed as if it was going to be sent to the return address instead of the delivery address.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
The words "Deliver to" for me was the clue.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.5931s ][ Queries: 4 (0.5688s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]