OP
UTC

GTS 300

GTS 300
UTC quote
Hi all!
I will be moving from the jersey shore to the michigan.... shore? I will be in Holland Michigan on the western coast of the state. Any friends out that way? Does anyone have recommendations for dealers/mechanics out that way? I figured I would reach out to you all as you are the most reliable source out there.
Thanks in advance!
Tom
@greg531 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
63 GL 150, 05 Typhoon, 09 Beo 200

Molto Verboso
@greg531 avatar
UTC quote
The only dealer around Holland, is Fox Motorsports in Grand Rapids. Owned by one of the Amway boys....They have almost all the brands in a large new building, on the south side, about 30 minutes away from Holland. There a few other places and independants that work on and change tires on scooters around.
Holland is a very, very right wing town. The winners are decided by the Republican primary! They do have a few, I mean few places to drink, it's a real Dutch Reform town. You do not mow your lawn on Sundays! No law about that, but the neighbors will tell you not to do it!
Scootering is a local thing, the closest club, is Grand Rapids, and we are small in our numbers, until gas goes up to $4 a gallon again. It's a 8 or 9 month season here, in the "lake effect" snow belt. If your cage is not 4 wheel drive, it will be by the time winter is over with. Summers are nice, cool breezes off Lake Michigan, makes it 5 to 10 degrees cooler than in GR...(Grand Rapids).....The beaches along Lake Michigan, is great, sugar sand, a lot of parks to go to, and it warms up enough by July sometime to swim in it, Just don't go out in rough weather, two swimmers drown last weekend....
Riding along the lake on LSD, (it's nickname for Lake Shore drive) is nice. You can avoid 31, the local racetrack, and you can have a nice trip up to Grand Haven, where it's a mostly resort town, like Saugatuck to the south, which can be a nice drive too. Going to GR, can be nice too, if you know the back roads. Just make sure, when you stop at a 4 way stop, out in the country, the others are stopping too, it seems that people are running these, and dying! Holland is not the best town around, but it's not the worst, since they put away most of the Mexican Gangs members, it's been quiet....There is a nice downtown with heated sidewalks for winter walking
Most scooters around, are like 50's, and the kids drive them to the dairy queen and back, or over to friends. If you want to ride, you can come to GR, we meet on Thursday nites, at a local coffeehouse. We do have a facebook page, it's under Grand Rapids Scooter Club...If you have any other questions, you can PM me....Greg
⚠️ Last edited by greg531 on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
UTC

GTS 300

GTS 300
UTC quote
Woah! Thanks for all the info!! It's freatly appreciated!!! I'll defintely be in touch when we get out there!! Thanks again!
@greg531 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@greg531 avatar
UTC quote
No problem, you will like Holland, nice family, church type town, but hardly no nightlife, if you are single....just don't give away those snowshoes...just kidding!

There is a lot less snow, since it's 30 miles away from the lake, and a whole lot more nightlife in Grand Rapids, it's nicknamed "Beer City".

A lot of people commute, back in forth, but it gets "hairy" in the winter... I don't want to tell you about the whiteouts I experienced commuting to the lakeshore in winter!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0030s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]