OP
@mike_at_noho_scooters avatar
UTC

Hooked
Selling Genuine, SYM, Kymco, and Sachs. Keeping LA's modern Vespas on the road!

Hooked
@mike_at_noho_scooters avatar
Selling Genuine, SYM, Kymco, and Sachs. Keeping LA's modern Vespas on the road!
UTC quote
Once again NoHo Scooters is having our annual ride up to Santa Barbara for the Endless Summer Rally. We will be leaving the shop at 11 AM on Friday September 21st. We will stop for lunch at Casa De Soria in Ventura around 1 or 2 PM before riding the coast up to Santa Barbara. After the Sunday ride we will regroup and ride back.

The ride is mostly on back roads and we avoid freeways. There is one stretch of 101 that we have to ride for a mile or two. Its considered divided highway at this point so smaller bikes are legal. You should have at least a fast 125 for the ride (Buddy 125, Vespa T5, Agility 125).

If you have not done so, you need to make hotel reservations since that area books up early.

Note that NoHo Scooters will be closed on Friday September 21st and Saturday September 22.
@rudegirl957 avatar
UTC

Addicted
2007 Sky Blue LX150, 1994 Hyosung Rally

Addicted
@rudegirl957 avatar
2007 Sky Blue LX150, 1994 Hyosung Rally
UTC quote
I am so there.
@spock avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2002 ET4 & 1980 100 Sport

Ossessionato
@spock avatar
UTC quote
Excellent ride. If the parts come in for the small frame, I might consider breaking her in on that ride. If not, it's the ET4 again.
UTC

Hooked
Primavera ET3

Hooked
Primavera ET3
UTC quote
Wish I could be there, but I'll be in Vegas instead. Have fun, everyone!

-Robert
@bobovespa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
21 75th Anniv. Primavera, 10 GTS Super 300, 64 Allstate, 61 VNB, 61 GL, 61 Lammy LI 125 Mahi Shriner, 57 Lammy LD125
Location: Baltimore-Washington-Asbury Park at the Jersey Shore

Molto Verboso
@bobovespa avatar
21 75th Anniv. Primavera, 10 GTS Super 300, 64 Allstate, 61 VNB, 61 GL, 61 Lammy LI 125 Mahi Shriner, 57 Lammy LD125
UTC quote
Hi, Mike, I will be riding down to ES from Portland and Napa, but I look forward to riding back to NoHo with you again after the rally.

Bobo
@spock avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@spock avatar
UTC quote
Doesn't Bobo stand for Bourgrois Bohemian?
@bobovespa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bobovespa avatar
UTC quote
spock wrote:
Doesn't Bobo stand for Bourgrois Bohemian?
Yes, to some; but it also means idiot in Spanish, and chic in French.

For me its just the first half of my Polish last name.
@spock avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@spock avatar
UTC quote
I'll have to post a picture of Bobo's headstone that's at my local cemetery.
@abrazilian avatar
UTC

Kymco People 250

@abrazilian avatar
Kymco People 250
UTC quote
Count me in....
I am going to have my wife Marlene drive up in a vehicle and I am going to scooter with the group - so let me know where to meet up - we booked two nights at some nice bed and breakfast:

http://www.jameshousesantabarbara.com

The rooms at the Motel 6 were all taken..... In fact, most of the hotels are sold out that weekend, but there are still rooms here and there if you look hard enough....

I am so psyched!

Anyone else riding up w/ the group on a People 250?

-aram
abrazilian@gmail.com
@teacherquinn avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@teacherquinn avatar
UTC quote
We're riding up but not until later in the day on Friday. Leaving the Valencia area around 4 and heading up 126. We'll be coming back via Ojai Monday morning. Anyone want to join us?
@bobovespa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bobovespa avatar
UTC quote
spock wrote:
I'll have to post a picture of Bobo's headstone that's at my local cemetery.
This is scary, I am gonna have to ride really carefully!

By the way, the rally schedule has finally been posted. It came as a surprise that no particular Saturday evening activity is planned, but some of the Saturday night fun from years past would be hard to top.

As expected there will be a "vintage only" scooter ride on Saturday afternoon, so we'll need to plan our own modern ride. I'll start a new thread for that ride.
@spock avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@spock avatar
UTC quote
There are going to be TWO rides on saturday, so all you MV people don't have to come up with your own. Bobby has always been open to vintage and modern scooterists.
@haghverdi avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa LX-V

Enthusiast
@haghverdi avatar
Vespa LX-V
UTC quote
im definitely going to be there. count me in.
@bobovespa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bobovespa avatar
UTC quote
spock wrote:
There are going to be TWO rides on saturday, so all you MV people don't have to come up with your own. Bobby has always been open to vintage and modern scooterists.
This is great news! I only posted because as of last night the ES rally sked on the Vesparados site showed the vintage-only ride but no others.
@noahbarronet4 avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa ET4

Lurker
@noahbarronet4 avatar
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Just so everybody knows: the weather forecast calls for really severe, really weird storm action on Friday for Santa Barbara/Ventura.

CURRENTLY MOST OF THE COMPUTER MODELS SHOW FRIDAY TO BE THE MOST ACTIVE DAY...ESPECIALLY FROM SOUTHERN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY TO LOS ANGELES COUNTY AS THE STORM SLOWLY WORKS ITS WAY EASTWARD ACROSS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. ON FRIDAY...SHOWERS ARE LIKELY IN ALL AREAS... AND THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. ANY THUNDERSTORM WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SMALL HAIL AND VERY HEAVY RAINS...AND WATERSPOUTS ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS. THE BULK OF THE STORM WILL AFFECT LOS ANGELES COUNTY FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND FRIDAY NIGHT.

THERE IS A CHANCE OF HEAVY RAIN FROM THIS STORM...ESPECIALLY ON THE SOUTH SLOPES OF THE SANTA YNEZ RANGE IN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY...THE COASTAL SLOPES OF THE MOUNTAINS IN WESTERN VENTURA COUNTY...AND PORTIONS OF THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY MOUNTAINS. ANY THUNDERSTORM WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SMALL HAIL AND HEAVY RAIN. HEAVY RAINS MAY CAUSE MUD AND DEBRIS FLOWS IN AND BELOW RECENT BURN AREAS... AND RESIDENTS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR THIS POSSIBILITY DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT IS ONLY SEPTEMBER.

--from Weather.com Special Warnings

Dunno...I might be over it? Too dangerous/crappy? Thoughts?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0414s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0204s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]