UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift
UTC quote
Jimding wrote:
Having said that, am surprised no one has brought out an e-scooter.
https://cezeta.com/ has, but they are hand built luxury products rather than mass market transport so the price is a little..... challenging.

It looks superb in the metal though.
UTC

Addicted
BV 350

Addicted
BV 350
UTC quote
Re: Only when
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Jimding wrote:
Having said that, am surprised no one has brought out an e-scooter.
https://cezeta.com/ has, but they are hand built luxury products rather than mass market transport so the price is a little..... challenging.

It looks superb in the metal though.
Being ironic, no doubt.

If I don't want something that ugly, will they lower the price?
UTC

Molto Verboso
LXS 150

Molto Verboso
LXS 150
UTC quote
MJRally wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
Jeez. to me, not gonna work...

...Seems they spent decades and hundreds of million of $$$ building the outlaw lifestyle, it would be too much of an uphill climb to achieve such a societal shift that people visit a H-D dealer when they're looking for an e-bike.
Here's where I see problem. Vespa Motorsports/Scooterwest has an electric bike (can't remember the brand but they did a YouTube video on the specs of it, maybe Genze??) that has been in the showroom forever. It's tucked away in a corner while the windows and floor stock are continuously getting replaced. Why can't they sell it? Is it because it's a bad product? Is it because the scooter crowd isn't eco friendly? Is it because maybe it's in the wrong venue? Thats my thought!

So when HD comes out with their bicycles/ street fighter/ off-road machine, are they going to tuck them in the corner of the showroom and keep the push rod V-twin motorcycles in the window? Or would they be better off sending the new units to more specialized stores? Ie. Bicycle shop, off-road shop, race bike shop etc. The company still can expand, but doesn't have to worry about competing floor space in the dealerships.
They may have to create an entirely new brand, if not completely separate distribution channels. But they have the marketing down cold for their current customer base, I don't doubt they have the engineering talent and sales savvy to define and create a market for electric motorcycles. That market almost certainly won't overlap much with their current customer set, however.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
UTC quote
Something may save HD, but it certainly won't be electrics.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Sitting with scooter club friends last night at dinner outside. Nice evening with friends. Yes, a HD dude shows up with open pipes and loud "music". All black with one of those skeleton face things and egg shell helmet.
I would like to see a healthy American motorcycle/motorscooter manufacturer, but I'm not convinced that HD is that company. So many of their customers are the antithesis of what I think of when I think of motorcyclists. Many are simply disgraceful and very poor riders... Sorry if this sounds pretty glass half empty. This is my take on too many HD's.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0206s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0121s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]