@lord_ickenham avatar
UTC

Addicted
et 2 50cc

Addicted
@lord_ickenham avatar
et 2 50cc
UTC quote
I need advices. I changed my broken speedo cable, but the new doesn't work. When I push the scooter to another place, the needle starts to moving up and down. I inspected the connections, but I didn't find anything, maybe I missed something.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
UTC quote
Has it worked at all since your accident or did this problem start after the scoot was fixed?
OP
@lord_ickenham avatar
UTC

Addicted
et 2 50cc

Addicted
@lord_ickenham avatar
et 2 50cc
UTC quote
It's broken 2 years ago. Eyelashes emoticon
But now, I tought, this was a good moment to change it. Then, don't have connection with the accident, or do you think the dashboard got problem when the scooter flew away?
Because, I think, the cylinder stud broke in the accident, because the plastic parts are connected into two of the studs. And when plastic was hitted, the stud broke.
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super
UTC quote
Brand new cable. Next thing to check would be the plastic gear at the hub.
OP
@lord_ickenham avatar
UTC

Addicted
et 2 50cc

Addicted
@lord_ickenham avatar
et 2 50cc
UTC quote
bluecloud wrote:
Brand new cable. Next thing to check would be the plastic gear at the hub.
Thanks! I checked it, and it seemed good, but I try to make a picture.
@everytimeidom avatar
UTC

Hooked
2003 ET2 (SOLD); 2004 GT200

Hooked
@everytimeidom avatar
2003 ET2 (SOLD); 2004 GT200
UTC quote
I recently followed this tutorial which was immensely helpful in getting the speedo on the GT200 to not have a seizure: SPEEDOMETER Woes...Here the Fix

Did you completely remove the plastic "worm" gear when you inspected it? Mine was gunked up pretty good and it took quite a liberal application of brake cleaner and scraping to get it all off. I also went into the hub and cleaned that pretty good too.

Also, make sure the cable isn't bent or caught on something, or else you'll still have problems even with a clean gear.
OP
@lord_ickenham avatar
UTC

Addicted
et 2 50cc

Addicted
@lord_ickenham avatar
et 2 50cc
UTC quote
everytimeidom wrote:
I recently followed this tutorial which was immensely helpful in getting the speedo on the GT200 to not have a seizure: SPEEDOMETER Woes...Here the Fix

Did you completely remove the plastic "worm" gear when you inspected it? Mine was gunked up pretty good and it took quite a liberal application of brake cleaner and scraping to get it all off. I also went into the hub and cleaned that pretty good too.

Also, make sure the cable isn't bent or caught on something, or else you'll still have problems even with a clean gear.
Thank you very much! I'll try these things.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]