OP
UTC

Primavera 4T 2014 150cc

Primavera 4T 2014 150cc
UTC quote
Hi,

I am about to start renovating a Vespa Primavera from 1975 (VMA2T). Does anyone know where I can find a list of colours which were used that year? I really like it in Red but I'm not sure it was manufactured in that colour that year. Do any of you know where I can find such information?

Thanks,

Tonio
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
UTC quote
Welcome to the forum Tlombardi. There's plenty of info here - Original colour chart / color codes/paint codes reference

How about some pictures of your scooter? Did you just get it? I saw you were looking for one on your other thread.
OP
UTC

Primavera 4T 2014 150cc

Primavera 4T 2014 150cc
UTC quote
hi Ginch,

thanks for your reply. Actually this is the second Vespa I'm restoring. The first one was a PX from 1983 (her name is Lucy - attached) and this is a 1975 Primavera. I bought it in the attached state. It was going to be restored but the owner sold it as is, disassembled. Hopefully the pieces are all there.

I had already seen the german site at https://www.vespafarben.de/vespa-originalfarben-modelle-typen/

It states that Rosso P 2/1 was sold in 1980 but my scooter was manufactured in 1975. I would like to re paint it in a colour that was available at that time. Do you think the list on this site is accurate?

Cheers
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Lucy
Lucy
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
UTC quote
I just added a couple of resources I found to that thread. Doesn't look like red was an option. But it was for the 50... If it was mine and I wanted it red I'd pick one of those from the same era.

Couple of nice scooters you have there. I am working on a smallframe that was mostly in boxes as well. It's a challenge!
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
So Ginch, what color are you thinking by now? Something from the charts for your year?
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
So Ginch, what color are you thinking by now? Something from the charts for your year?
Yes. I'll definitely be choosing a colour from a chart.
OP
UTC

Primavera 4T 2014 150cc

Primavera 4T 2014 150cc
UTC quote
Thanks for the answers Ginch.

I just saw the colour charts and it does not seem it was sold in red. That metallic brown with a white seat is tempting too though.

I might consider using a red from that era but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to classic vespas

Good luck with your project & Thanks once again.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0131s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0052s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]