OP
UTC

Gts250

Gts250
UTC quote
Has anyone out there tried a smartcarb or powerjet on their Vespa? I have one on a horizontal Minarelli build, and I really like it, I was thinking of putting one on my recently acquired Primavera.
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
There's also the Lectron carbs as well. I remember a few of the Lammy guys were using them when the RB kits first came out. I haven't looked to see how big those carbs are compared to others. There might be clearance fitment issues with the P engines, but with a Smallframe such as a Primavera, I would think there would be more room?
OP
UTC

Gts250

Gts250
UTC quote
Yes, Lectrons are great. I have a Tillotson powerjet I really like, but there are companies that machine intake adapters for them in Mina applications. I can't seem to find one for vespa.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
What would be a good choice for a smallframe w/ portmatched 133 kit & a good pipe assuming I can come up with an adapter? Prices? Links? Tech info for newbs? There's always Google, but you guys seem experienced.

Are we avoiding potential jetting trial & error nightmares?

Currently has a Delly PHBL 24 which seems to work OK.
OP
UTC

Gts250

Gts250
UTC quote
I'm not too sure how the Lectron works, I do know they are battery operated. The Tilotson has an adjustable aperature in place of jets, so they are externally adjustable with little slide lock levers. I'll pull it and bring it up next time I see you Voodoo.
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
ScootsnBoots wrote:
I'm not too sure how the Lectron works, I do know they are battery operated. The Tilotson has an adjustable aperature in place of jets, so they are externally adjustable with little slide lock levers. I'll pull it and bring it up next time I see you Voodoo.
The Lectron isn't battery operated. It operates similar to the Smart Carb. I'm not familiar with the Tilotson, but the way you describe it, it also is similar to the Lectron.
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
Are we avoiding potential jetting trial & error nightmares?

It all depends upon who you talk to...
My KTM 300 had one on it, and i removed it to put the stock carb back on. The Lectron is supposed to give you better fuel economy, but i think the only way that is possible is my running lean at a certain part of the RPM range. It's probably fine on a off-road only enduro bike, where the throttle varies about every few seconds or so, compared to a road-going 2 stroke that might stay at the same RPM for an hour or so at a time. I hear that some offroad guys love it, while others hate it. Me?...i'm still on the fence.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0109s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]