OP
UTC

ET4

ET4
UTC quote
I recently had my ET4 broken into, stolen and retrieved by police. It needs some repairs done on the body work. They took the front panel off to hotwire it (unsuccessfully) and ditched it. The glove box was ripped open (nothing was inside) and cracked now.
Where is the best place online to buy the replacement plastic body parts I need?
New glovebox door and new front panel with piaggio badge?
⚠️ Last edited by Esther Luella on UTC; edited 1 time
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
You can check ebay for used parts or check with Piaggio dealer and have them order the parts you need.,

FWIW, having been told by my orthopedic a couple weeks ago that I need a knee replacement "body part" has a bit different connotation for me.
@lord_ickenham avatar
UTC

Addicted
et 2 50cc

Addicted
@lord_ickenham avatar
et 2 50cc
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
You can check ebay for used parts or check with Piaggio dealer and have them order the parts you need.,

FWIW, having been told by my orthopedic a couple weeks ago that I need a knee replacement "body part" has a bit different connotation for me.
I hope a new knee is cheaper than a new Vespa part. Is it an oem or an aftermarket knee?
@lord_ickenham avatar
UTC

Addicted
et 2 50cc

Addicted
@lord_ickenham avatar
et 2 50cc
UTC quote
Re: Replacement body parts
Esther Luella wrote:
I recently had my ET4 broken into, stolen and retrieved by police. It needs some repairs done on the body work. They took the front panel off to hotwire it (unsuccessfully) and ditched it. The glove box was ripped open (nothing was inside) and cracked now.
Where is the best place online to buy the replacement plastic body parts I need?
New glovebox door and new front panel with piaggio badge?
I'd buy used parts. New parts are extremely expensive.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
+1 on eBay. Takes some patience, learning body part names, and a bit of luck. I was able to score what I wanted in matching colors at a fairly good price.
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
I have bought body parts from Scooter Parts Co.

They usually come unpainted, so extra effort to get them painted, but they were reasonably priced.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Esther, welcome to MV. Sorry it's under such sad circumstances but hopefully, you'll stick around and share your repair progress (before/after pics ).

I vote for eBay or maybe a cheap doner scoot from CL.

Wishing you a quick recovery from surgery and your scooter violation.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
Lord Ickenham wrote:
cdwise wrote:

I hope a new knee is cheaper than a new Vespa part. Is it an oem or an aftermarket knee?
Well since OEM knees are custom parts it will be aftermarket and believe me that body parts, heck even a brand new Vespa including the 946 would be cheaper but I've got insurance and that's what it's for.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
Lord Ickenham wrote:
cdwise wrote:

Well since OEM knees are custom parts it will be aftermarket and believe me that body parts, heck even a brand new Vespa including the 946 would be cheaper but I've got insurance and that's what it's for.
Le Wife would totally grok your situation: she's getting her left knee replaced in November. The kicker is that this is the last of all her major joints to be replaced (shoulders/hips/knees), as she's been a poster child for osteoarthritis (as she likes to put it) for a good deal of her adult life, and is determined to stay very active. Her surgeon loves her because of this attitude - too many of his patients remain just as sedentary as they were pre-op.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
cdwise wrote:
Lord Ickenham wrote:
cdwise wrote:

Le Wife would totally grok your situation: she's getting her left knee replaced in November. The kicker is that this is the last of all her major joints to be replaced (shoulders/hips/knees), as she's been a poster child for osteoarthritis (as she likes to put it) for a good deal of her adult life, and is determined to stay very active. Her surgeon loves her because of this attitude - too many of his patients remain just as sedentary as they were pre-op.
I'll bet. I'm a firm believer in if you don't use it you lose it. I'm in the pool 3-4 days a week either swimming 1.25 miles or doing water aerobics. If I quit I wouldn't be walking. There are several others on this forum who have had knee replacements. One of the women in my water aerobics class had her second knee replacement in June. Her reasoning was it allowed her to heal and rehab so she wouldn't miss this year's ski season. Mine is arthritis related but rather scooter related from the Type 5 Tibia Plateau Fracture I experienced in 2013.

OP - sorry about the thread hijack. Ebay, ScooterPartsCo and a dealer are still you best bets for replacing your damaged ET panels. Problem with waiting on ebay may be a lack of patience since those scooters aren't common anymore. If you are interested in a color change Bill's suggestion of getting unpainted new parts gives you a chance to change the color.
OP
UTC

ET4

ET4
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
Esther, welcome to MV. Sorry it's under such sad circumstances but hopefully, you'll stick around and share your repair progress (before/after pics ).

I vote for eBay or maybe a cheap doner scoot from CL.

Wishing you a quick recovery from surgery and your scooter violation.
thanks! I was happy to come across this page and join the online vespa community.

i have looked on ebay but unfortunately have not had any luck there. I`ll keep looking though.
you mentioned CL what is that?

hopefully I can get my baby looking good again soon!!!
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Esther Luella wrote:
...you mentioned CL what is that?
Craigslist (craigslist.org), an online classified ad site.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
I think they gave me to many good drugs yesterday because i thought they mean't body parts. Crying or Very sad emoticon
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super
UTC quote
Esther Luella wrote:
Your local Vespa dealer should be able to order factory painted parts. No local dealer?
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/default.asp
https://www.scooterwest.com/
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0155s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0029s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]