@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
I never had many mates. .... don't get on with dickheads ..... Most of em disappeared when I told em about me ills ..... n as for family mine are all gone n those that aren't (step mother brother n their lot) pushed me away at 16 ..... I've always tried to do shit for myself n when I get stuck I ask .....

As for vespas they're all I've owned enjoyed n never sold one .... they usually get hit or blow up beyond my capabilities. .... well that was before I had a mate on hand to guide me through building my own ..... If it wasn't for him I'd have given up n used busses ....
Anyway I'm now too ill to tackle big jobs now so he said he'd take it to the shop he works at n they'd sort it for me ..... I don't know what he charges a hour but he had it 4 days n stored it 2 .....
the lights didnt work n the clutch wouldn't adjust. .... turns out it was the switch that had come apart n the clutch exploded. ..... I've not had the clutch out on murderöné as the nut was rounder than round . .... well they sorted it all .. built a clutch as the basket had bust .... soldered me switch ..... Put me front shocker on as I couldn't get the top bolt off ..... then he took it for n mot n the moter broke the kickstart so they replaced that .... then he put a new inner hub seal in n a new cruciform in as he was there anyway. ..... He even filled the tank ......
He dropped it off for me friday but i just put it in me shed n left it ..... today i thought I best ride down n pay him ..... He knows I'll never go back to work but said 'I'm only charging you for bits now n when ya get back to work ya can pay the rest' .... 100quid he charged me .... where the fuck can you get a kickstart, switch, shock top, mot, full tank n the rest for that .... my plan was to go for a ride after but went home with wet eyes .....

After the stuff people on here n people I classed as mates but not strong friends have done for me I'm stunned ..... beware of people you don't class as strong friends .... they can turn out better than family 😊😊😊😊

You know who you are n I love you all
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
If you can't lend a hand to someone who's in a pinch..... it's just what you do.

Glad your scoot is sorted for now.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
Dammit Bitz, now you gone and given me the wet eyes as well...

Clap emoticon for ppl like this!
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE!??!

all kidding aside, it's those who surprise you in times of need that turn out to be the real friends. the ones you never knew you had or needed. thank them in every way you can and push the buck/karma/vibes forward when you can.

bearded chin up my man, you'll beat it back. you'll have to.
(mostly cuz we can't replace ya fekin' arse aroun' 'ere n such)

xo
-g
@velasquez avatar
UTC

Addicted
1978 P150X; 1982 P200e

Addicted
@velasquez avatar
1978 P150X; 1982 P200e
UTC quote
Hope you heal up Bitza.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC quote
Ya know, it's too bad we can't all live in the same big village and help one another whenever just because we can, it's fun and convenient sometimes or other times somebody's in a jam & needs a hand that's gonna be close by and willing. So many ppl here not only would do it, but would want to with enthusiasm, and it's amazing to me that from all over the world we somehow come together and try to do the next best thing on the damn internet. Speaking of the rather useful internet, please PM me your PayPal, Bitz, next round or two or three is on me for you, your pal & his crew who I couldn't be there to help except in spirit.

/maudlin
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
UTC quote
That's fantastic.
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
UTC quote
Oh jeeze Bits. Thanks for sharing this awesome story of your good friend. Your written lilt is a treat to the linguistic side of my brain. Hang in there and thanks again for sharing.

Much love from the Oregon Coast!
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
UTC quote
You're like the cool uncle every family has and loves. Keep on keeping on.
@killo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
I have a few scooters....

Ossessionato
@killo avatar
I have a few scooters....
UTC quote
Awesome. Just awesome. It's refreshing to hear about good stuff.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
face wipes
thanx people ....
ive always tried to be the guy that worked to live n when i got to play i try to play hard ... its getting tougher to do ... n i even miss working which i never thought i would .....
ive had a shite nights sleep but im gonna do me best to ride today ... im gonna reduce me morphine so i dont feel sleepy n do big circles round me town so im near home in case i feel crapper .... if i do feel good i might nip to work n chat with the guys .... they always like it when i nip up there n its only a 20mile round trip

n thanx again for all the help directly n indirectly .... some say tinterweb has ruined lives n used for bad .... well you obviously dont search for good stuff .... between this site n sbw [rip:( ] ive learnt so much ....
its how i managed to do my 3rd build the orange bastard on my own ... i used advice n my 2 hands ..... never ever wanted a shiny scoot but always wanted to build something totally from vespa bits thats custom .... that was my most intensive build n trying not to cut it up n use bike n car bits was bloody hard
@koenig_blues avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a yellow sunshine '74 sprint

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@koenig_blues avatar
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a yellow sunshine '74 sprint
UTC quote
U make me wet eyes too.. There always love put there for us rhat why do enjoy life and cheer Brother Jim.. We all love you eventhough were far from you
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP
UTC quote
Nothing like a ride to lift the spirits. Chin up mate. And yeah there are lots of dickheads out there but lots of good people too.
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
Dude, you're absolutely right, the internet in general is kind of a horrible place, like a middle school locker room where bullies dominate anyone who's different or just want a place to feel safe.

And that's why places like this little clubhouse are so valuable, because we each have a somewhat common goal of liking scooters and a more common goal of helping each other.

If you get out and see your work mates, let us know how it goes. A day like that is good for your soul.
@gt6mk3 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Bodgerific 150 Super, PX200(ish...), US 50 Special in progress

Hooked
@gt6mk3 avatar
Bodgerific 150 Super, PX200(ish...), US 50 Special in progress
UTC quote
Made my day Bitza. Awesome.
@halijaro avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'99 PX200 & GTS300 HPE SuperSport

Molto Verboso
@halijaro avatar
'99 PX200 & GTS300 HPE SuperSport
UTC quote
Great stuff Bitz. Humans can be great when they want to be.

I will dedicate this evening's ride to work to you and your mate.
@kimono32 avatar
UTC

Addicted
'66 Super 150

Addicted
@kimono32 avatar
'66 Super 150
UTC quote
Good words, Bitza. I'm thrilled for you and Murderone. Go forth and terrorize the roadways.
UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes
UTC quote
Proof there are good people all over the world. Hope you're back on it soon.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Always thinking of you, bitza. I've had that experience, too, where folks you think will be there for you no matter what just can't hack it when you're having trouble, and someone you never suspected steps up.

I've probably been both to others during my life.

Trying hard to be the latter as much as possible.

You are certainly a model for taking each day as it comes and living it to the fullest possible.
@hibbert avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa

Molto Verboso
@hibbert avatar
Vespa
UTC quote
good news now go ride before the rain starts
UTC

V50 P150 PX200

V50 P150 PX200
UTC quote
Go Bitza! Keep on keeping on!!!

Report in on how the ride went. You are an inspiration to those going through tough times.

Respect
MattO
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

49 Days Since Last Explosion

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

49 Days Since Last Explosion
UTC quote
I hope you had a good ride, Bitza.

Sometimes, even if it kicks my ass afterwards, it's still just what I need to clear dark clouds out of my head.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
Bantering ram
Cheers peeps I had a ride today... well yesterday.... can't sleep n it's now nearly 4am .... just sent our lass to bed cos she thinks she's helping sitting wi me but she'll be no use when she's tired .... There's no point in both of us being tired tomorrow today ... ..

I really feel for her she's so tough .... I don't know how she does it ..... I wouldn't want to be in her shoes (too small 🤡) ...... I just wanna scoop her up n take her away from here n disappear to somewhere warm .....

nipped to work n had a laugh with lads ..... They make me feel like Jim n not ill Jim ..... the banter is still strong ......
When I was 22 I had an accident at work on the table saw ... I'm a joiner .... n took the meaty bit off the underside of me thumb n skimmed the next 2 fingers fuckin me right hand pretty bad .... I had a lump of me big toe attached to me thumb ....
anyway at work today I couldn't open me phone wi me fingerprint n the gaffer said 'don't ya need to take ya shoe off?' ..... cunt 😂😂 ...... I really miss this kinda talk
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
Re: Bantering ram
T5bitza69 wrote:
nipped to work n had a laugh with lads ..... They make me feel like Jim n not ill Jim ..... the banter is still strong ......
When I was 22 I had an accident at work on the table saw ... I'm a joiner .... n took the meaty bit off the underside of me thumb n skimmed the next 2 fingers fuckin me right hand pretty bad .... I had a lump of me big toe attached to me thumb ....
anyway at work today I couldn't open me phone wi me fingerprint n the gaffer said 'don't ya need to take ya shoe off?' ..... cunt 😂😂 ...... I really miss this kinda talk
Oh shoot! That's some funny stuff right there! I'm a carpenter, so completely understand about those type of injuries. Luckily all of my finger and thumb tips have grown back whenever I had cut them off. I can't imagine taking my shoe off to go hitchhiking.

Hang in there Bitza. Probably lots of us here don't know how to reply to your situation, so we haven't posted anything up, but I guarantee that everyone here is on your side and is cheering for you.

...from a fellow T5 owner.
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line
UTC quote
Re: Bantering ram
T5bitza69 wrote:
ROFL emoticon Nice one.
@bjorn_toulouse avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
px 200, lxv 125

Molto Verboso
@bjorn_toulouse avatar
px 200, lxv 125
UTC quote
Feck you got better mates than me, anyhoo get out on the scoot soon coz our weather is heading your way, and it aint pleasant!!
later (from a council office in wet gray cold Lanarkshire)

By the by do subscribe to Scootering?
There on line archive has some great reading if you get board.
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
When you have buddies who basically think:

I don't care if you're sick, I'm still gonna be poking fun at you....

then life becomes normal for a short period of time. And that normalcy is what we all crave.

Thumbs up!
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
Storylong
I do like it when they treat me normally ...... I don't go around telling people willynilly.....
when I went on holiday one of the owners found out when our lass was chatting with the receptionist n she said her mother had lung cancer ..... he came over n said if I'd told him earlier we could have had a super delux room with a private pool .... but I didn't pay for that I was happy enough with the room I had n the shared pool

I get all embarrassed n teary when people do this .... me n our lass have made what we have by ourselves.... I hate feeling in debt to anyone

N no I don't do scootering anymore soz ..... I did it for about 20 years n when it changed around 10 years ago I gave up 😉 when I was last in hospital me sis got me a copy n it was all lammys n northern soul ..... thank fuck her fella got me a copy of metal hammer 😁 might look into the online bit though then I can read just the good bits ...... let us know if they print mine in readers scoots I sent em one online ☺
@bjorn_toulouse avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
px 200, lxv 125

Molto Verboso
@bjorn_toulouse avatar
px 200, lxv 125
UTC quote
I 'll have a look through the back issues if I find anything I'll forward it on.
I know what you mean about lammys (this months has a special on how to restore a series 3 li. I even sent them a letter asking when it was going to change its name to "Lammy fan boy world"
My pet hate issue is the isle of white mod fest special.

To be fair they have started to cover more stuff up north.

the music articles have got better found a few good wee punk bans to go and see.

I have a wee project in work looking at the price rise of scoots over the last 8 years using rally, px200, sx200, tv175 and the li150 as a guide. So when I'm looking at scooter mart I'll check out show us your scoots.

later
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
Monkey magic
If it's in it'll be after the June issue with the green Ian Brown lammy on the cover ..... I got the email address out of that mag 😉 when I get the orang bastard back I'll send one of that in too
@snappa avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa T5 Classic

Hooked
@snappa avatar
Vespa T5 Classic
UTC quote
Ain't runnin' anywhere
Hey Bitz,

I'm half cut as I type this but I just want you to know that despite the fact we've never actually met, I'm always here for ya.

Shit man, ever since I got my T5 and joined Squaretails many moons ago...you, Jacko and Monsieur Frog have always been there for me whenever I needed help or advice...and for that I want to say thank you...to all of ya.

Anything I can ever do for ya mate, you just gotta ask.

Much love brother.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
Cheerz snap .......
I did like squaretails.... learnt a lot of stuff about t5s on there n sbw was good for scooters in general n the banter
I'm shit with names n online names are harder .... think it was Acko?? That was the tuner on square .... he helped me set up bitza ... big shame the first original site was closed n then disappeared I used it as a reference.... still have the patch from there ..... never stitched it on me jacket as I didn't want to puncture me waterproof

I try to take in stuff n share .... even better if I do it it works then I'll definitely share that

I remember a cutdown site years ago ..... some quality scoots n ideas on there

Went for a head clearing ride yesterday n by fuckity it's a nice ride ..... hasn't been that good since I got it back on the road to that year ..... I don't have to ride listening to the engine
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0218s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0074s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]