OP
UTC

Lurker
ET2

Lurker
ET2
UTC quote
I've had a 2000 ET2 since '09 and these forums have been great at helping me keeping it going.

I had recurrent issues with the original carb, and eventually gave up on repeated cleaning and got another on eBay. Now that one's giving me trouble too. So I'm going for a full strip down, ultrasonic clean and rebuild on both of them.

I noticed that the float chamber gasket on the 2nd carb was done in (too big to fit properly in its channel) so I got a new gasket pack.

It's obvious to me where all the larger gaskets go, but there are two smaller ones that I've never seen on either carb. So what am I supposed to do with them?

Big one - float chamber
Medium sized circular one - choke
Cardboard one - throttle assembly top cover

That leaves:

Small O ring - ???
Smaller ring with tiny hole - ???
ET2 Weber 12OM gasket kit
ET2 Weber 12OM gasket kit
⬆️    About 6 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
ET2

Lurker
ET2
UTC quote
Big gasket is for float bowl, next size is for choke top, also the small one with pin hole is for choke brass seat. The small O ring is for drain screw. Then the paper gasket is for throttle neck cover. These carbs are obsolete now… if you're lucky to get parts then the only thing you need to keep an eye on is the float valve. Be sure to clean the valve seat too with some metal polish when servicing to create a good seal as these valves are weak with ethanol gas. If they leak it's most likely the vacuum fuel tap that's failed. NOS piaggio fuel taps of this era is also a no-go as they are that old they don't last. Buy new aftermarket vacuum fuel tap!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0030s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]