OP
UTC

Primavera 2T 50cc

Primavera 2T 50cc
UTC quote
Hello all - I just wanted to introduce myself - I hope this is the correct section.

I'm based in Ireland and recently bought a 2014 Primavera 2 stroke for nipping about town in. It's only a 50cc, however I think it may have been derestricted as it's capable of speeds in excess of 40mph? Unfortunately I have no way in knowing what has been done to it at this stage.

I had a few questions...

1. Is there an appropriate warm-up / cool down process for a 2 stroke or can I just get on the bike, start it and ride it? I didn't find anything in the owners booklet.

2. Is there a recommended user maintenance manual (eg Haynes / Bentley) for the 2013+ Primavera?

3. Is there any particular areas of weakness I need to be aware of or any preventative maintenance I should consider over winter?

I have a number of classic cars and prefer to do the service / repair work myself.

Many thanks in advance
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line
UTC quote
Welcome to the forum.

You can just fire her up and ride her. Keep her topped up with 2T oil and take some with you in the glove box.

In winter I heavily rely on my kick starter as my bike lives outside but I don't do anything special.
@northernerbill avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx 50

Molto Verboso
@northernerbill avatar
lx 50
UTC quote
Yeh as above start and ride, just take it steady for the first minute, but it'll probably have a slower response during that time anyway.

All 2t's have their own individual tendencies which you'll learn.

I've had an LX50 for just over a year now, learnt how to do everything myself.....so can't be that hard 👍

Welcome and enjoy
OP
UTC

Primavera 2T 50cc

Primavera 2T 50cc
UTC quote
Thank you for the warm welcome and advice
@lozjm avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 Sprint 50

Hooked
@lozjm avatar
2016 Sprint 50
UTC quote
Hi Coog,

Juts hop on and ride,

Im finding the dirty Dublin backroads to be very greasy after each rainfall, but are drying fast in the sun. so be careful also. can go from super grip knee down, to upright driving miss daisy in minutes.

The new tarmac they are using to resurface some roads is lethal when wet, its very smooth, unlike the cheap stuff they used to use.

having recovery with your insureance is handy also,
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0082s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]