OP
UTC

LX125 3V

LX125 3V
UTC quote
Hi folks

I'm a newbie, just got an LX125 3V (its registered 2014 but think they were only made until 2013?)

Didn't come with a service history so working my way through some maintenance tasks. Previous mechanical experience limited to tinkering with my 2T 50ccc Peugeot Speedfight when I was a teenager.

I gather from the workshop manual I found online* that the correct spark plug is an NGK CR8EB, but having picked one up at Halfords I find that this has a 'solid' terminal...however that which came out of my LX has a 'stud' terminal...

Any help much appreciated!

Mark

*https://www.vespaforum.com/manuals/Vespa/LX125-150ie%203v/LX-S-125-150-3v-ie.pdf
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Have you checked inside the spark plug cap? You will probably find the stud end of the spark plug inside, having unwound itself from the plug itself.
UTC

Hooked
carnaby 125

Hooked
carnaby 125
UTC quote
I had use Loctite to stop mine coming loose as it did it twice

you can get a bullet already fitted that doesn't come off but rare to find a shop that as them
OP
UTC

LX125 3V

LX125 3V
UTC quote
Thanks both! I can indeed see what looks like the terminal still deep inside the rubber hood. It was in no hurry to come out, I had a go with some needle nose pliers but didn't want to be too rough in case it's meant to be there..

Also, the fact that the terminal is stuck fast and will not unscrew from the new replacement spark plug confirmed in my mind that this was not that same as the one that was fitted...

Any suggestions?!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0090s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]