@older_guy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 300 touring 2018

Hooked
@older_guy avatar
Vespa 300 touring 2018
UTC quote
after looking at all Air hawk and others I buying a corbin seat.Over the years with my harleys I have used airhawk and others but did not have much luck with any of them.I had mustang seats on most of my Harleys and loved them but they do not make any for the vespa. The seat will be carbon fiber laminater with leather. 2018 GTS is red with black seat I am torn between Black with red trim or Brown with red trim. I never liked adding pads to my seat as it always raised seat height and never looked good on the bike. I am short and do not want to raise the seat. Thoughts???? brown or Black
Older guy
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
UTC quote
I like the contrast of red and black. Corbin makes great seats. I went on their factory tour a few years back as they are not too far from me and the backroads to Hollister is very scenic. The fabrication process is slick and the seamstress are crazy fast and precise. Check out La Pera seats as well. They make customs seats. They are known for their biker gel insert which a lot of riders like.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
Try before you buy. Corbin seats are hard as a rock. Friend bought a used bike with a Corbin the seat was swapped out right away it was so hard.
Search Corbin on here, most people don't seem to like them.
OP
@older_guy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 300 touring 2018

Hooked
@older_guy avatar
Vespa 300 touring 2018
UTC quote
Cant be any harder then the stock seat,some people like them some dont, It tkes time to break them in
Older Guy
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
UTC quote
Corbin on my BMW and my Indian. Love them.
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Hey, OG - as you and I discussed, I like the Corbin seat on my GTS. Firm, but comfortable. If it were me (and it isn't), I would go with a black seat with some red stitching as a contrast with your red bike. Unless you have brown grips and rubber on the floorboard, the black with go with the rest of the black on the bike.

Since you are ordering, you have choices for piping or not, contrast color stitching or not, and any pattern you want stitched into the seat. I liked the "flame" stitching - almost went with that, but thought that the double diamond stitching across the seating area would be more comfortable. I have to say, I am pleased with that look on my black bike.

The brown "distressed bomber jacket" leather in the top part of that seat, with black on the sides sets off nicely with my black bike. If I had a red scoot, I would be going with black with red stitching, rather than introducing another color.

My 2ยข worth - absolutely free. Enjoy the new seat! I am really liking mine.

For the record, I had people tell me with each of my Corbin seats that they are "too firm and over-priced"... didn't dissuade me back then, still doesn't. Seems that those who offered that opinion never put a bunch of miles on one.
OP
@older_guy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 300 touring 2018

Hooked
@older_guy avatar
Vespa 300 touring 2018
UTC quote
Black it is
lder guy
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
I figured out yesterday why I decided to go for distressed bomber jacket brown leather on my seat...

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Yeah, it matches Rufus the cat.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
Captain Jim wrote:
I figured out yesterday why I decided to go for distressed bomber jacket brown leather on my seat...

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Yeah, it matches Rufus the cat.
And he looks quite at home on it. Rufus be no doofus!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]