Hooked
GTS300, CRF1000 & Moto 6.5

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
maybe there is light at the end of tunnel Crying or Very sad emoticon

just found this piece of information: http://wsm.fr/pdf/WSM-LED.pdf

on page 5 of that catalogue I found item number 020-362-00 Dellux LED headlight for GTS (they wrote 300 but guess that will be good for all GTSs?)

unfortunately, their web page is completely in French language, I am not fluent with

maybe someone could help with this?

also, if any of French Vespisti is here, especially from Cote d'Azure area, maybe they could contact WSM directly and get us more information how and where to order the parts.

Nerd emoticon
⚠️ Last edited by PreddyBaer on UTC; edited 1 time
@budz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)

Molto Verboso
@budz avatar
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
Just a note that scooterwest.com in San Diego California also sells an LED headlight for the GTS and GTV (different model light assemblies). I installed one on my GTV ~6 months ago. It is MUCH brighter than the Xenon bulb and uses ~50% less power. Scooterwest said they tested many different bulbs before selecting their final product. They also have youtube videos on the installation.

It'll be interesting to see more info on the WSM bulb.

I finally decided to do the LED upgrade when the train I ride to work (Caltrain) swapped the three engine headlights to LED. They are SOOOO much brighter than the incandescent bulbs they'd been using for decades.

Best
Miguel
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
guys thanks for this info, it is good to see that there are some LED "bulbs" that really fit the GTS headlight, I have tried several. Unfortunately none of them was properly focusing the beam or was creating too much side light for the oncoming traffic.

I have bought pair of SW Motech (via Louis here in Germany) extra LED lights (officially they are fog lights, I use them constantly) for my Africa twin. those additional headlights are LED and of projector lens type, all fitted in same factory ==> focusing of the light beam is excellent.

GTS OEM headlight is reflector type, so the inserted LED "bulb" need to be properly focused and emitting the light beam equally on the surface of the reflector. most of the 3rd party LED "bulbs" simply do not do that correctly with GTS light. Crying or Very sad emoticon

but, the beauty of the WSM 020-362-00 Dellux is that it is FULL LED proper headlight, not the "bulb" only! if as described, one should only get out the OEM headlight and mount the WSM one, bolt on bolt.

and that IS the road I would like to explore before I start with new headlight project trying to isntall SW Motech LED lights inside the OEM Vespa headlight housing. Nerd emoticon
https://www.louis.de/artikel/led-nebelscheinwerfer-kit-evo-sw-motech/10035281?filter_article_number=10035281&list=866636ca6159e8618e3036f8d361e734
https://www.louis.de/artikel/led-nebelscheinwerfer-kit-evo-sw-motech/10035281?filter_article_number=10035281&list=866636ca6159e8618e3036f8d361e734
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
yesterday have received the first photos
got photos from the WSM dealership in Hamburg
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
the price is bit hefty ....
... but let's hope that with time it will be lower

Crying or Very sad emoticon

now, they still do not have the E certificate granted, so hopefully that will be sorted out in near future

by the way, they gave me next technical info:

Input voltage range 12~24 volts Light output 2900/3880 lumens Color temperature 6000 kelvin
@anndee4444 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250

Hooked
@anndee4444 avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
Re: yesterday have received the first photos
PreddyBaer wrote:
That looks like the one i found a few days ago: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGB8W6R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yBNKBbGYGH6NQ?th=1
more: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9jraGgvVv/?hl=en&taken-by=atoplite

I was also wondering about the new Primavera headlight... it looks like it might fit a GTS:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@tomcat_f-14 avatar
UTC

Honda Elite 250, Burgman 650, GTS 300 ABS

@tomcat_f-14 avatar
Honda Elite 250, Burgman 650, GTS 300 ABS
UTC quote
PreddyBaer wrote:
This is illegal is not certifiable by SAE, DOT and FMVSS-108 Clown emoticon
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Tomcat F-14 wrote:
PreddyBaer wrote:
How do you know?
UTC

Banned
2018 GTS300 Super, 2015 GTS300 Super Sport, Past: LX50, Honda Elite 90, LX150, MP3 250, Suzuki GSX650F

Banned
2018 GTS300 Super, 2015 GTS300 Super Sport, Past: LX50, Honda Elite 90, LX150, MP3 250, Suzuki GSX650F
UTC quote
I've been waiting for an led headlight for my gts for years. I did a manual swap of a projector into my reflector housing and am running a HID. But what I really want is a made for LED headlight housing that's a direct swap
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
flyingpertyhigh wrote:
I've been waiting for an led headlight for my gts for years. I did a manual swap of a projector into my reflector housing and am running a HID. But what I really want is a made for LED headlight housing that's a direct swap
Have a look at the scooterwest led headlight and watch their YouTube video for some detailed info from the presenter, Robot. He's pretty well respected in MV. I installed one on my GTV and love it. It's aimed so it doesn't shine into car windows

Best
Miguel
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
AnnDee4444 wrote:
PreddyBaer wrote:
That looks like the one i found a few days ago: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGB8W6R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yBNKBbGYGH6NQ?th=1
yeah, looks the same thing

in States looks much cheaper, but can not order it from there since customs would catch it on the way here and I would need to pay the fee, again bringing it to more less similar price

I placed the order (whooping 375 EUR!) but since for me the good lighting (both for me and other people driving around me) is much more important, good product which is simple to swap is priceless. I can save the money on other gimmics and tuning bits

Nerd emoticon

as soon as I get it and install it, will prepare some photos and forst impressions if it was worth doing. backup plan is the original plan to convert the OEM by adding 2 off SW Motech lights
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
PreddyBaer wrote:
AnnDee4444 wrote:
PreddyBaer wrote:

in States looks much cheaper, but can not order it from there since customs would catch it on the way here and I would need to pay the fee, again bringing it to more less similar price

I placed the order (whooping 375 EUR!) but since for me the good lighting (both for me and other people driving around me) is much more important, good product which is simple to swap is priceless. I can save the money on other gimmics and tuning bits

Nerd emoticon

as soon as I get it and install it, will prepare some photos and forst impressions if it was worth doing. backup plan is the original plan to convert the OEM by adding 2 off SW Motech lights
I just ordered it too. Great find!!!
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
flyingpertyhigh wrote:
I just ordered it too. Great find!!!
if your comes first, please let me know of the outcome.
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
Tomcat F-14 wrote:
PreddyBaer wrote:
why do you think you adding some chinese LED replacement for bulb or xenon same replacement is better or more legal, if you really want to follow the last letter of the road regulations?

maybe also this French company just made the product and it is forwarded to authorities for testing, the E marking might be following soon

as I mentioned before, I prefer the light that is focused good, covers the road properly and does not obstruct the on-comming traffic then the sh**ty design of the OEM headlight which was last time developed when they threw Grantuourismo model to us. Only change along the way was to remove the position light and replace the chromed inner ring for the black one

sorry, the world has moved on, LED lights are more and more common on new vehicles, see no reason why I should not use it (again, if projects the beam correctly and do not obstruct the oncomming traffic)?
@rob_g avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS250, 2009 S150, 2017 GTS300Super, 2006 GT200

Hooked
@rob_g avatar
2008 GTS250, 2009 S150, 2017 GTS300Super, 2006 GT200
UTC quote
Very much looking forward to the reviews coming from the folks who've ordered this headlamp.
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
UTC quote
PreddyBaer wrote:
AnnDee4444 wrote:
PreddyBaer wrote:

Nerd emoticon

Preddy -Please get some before and after showing light spread and intensity.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
It came!!
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
mine still not arrived

Crying or Very sad emoticon
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
UTC quote
Following this closely...

I really want to see how well this fits and performs compared to OEM headlight.
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
quick information
guys, just to quickly inform you that I have successfully installed the LED headlight and things are really looking good

due to busy schedule and very cold weather, have managed only on Sunday to test it shortly

so, the very initial verdict:
    * beam is significantly stronger than OEM light, but have feeling that would need to be tiny bit more stronger to be comparison with the good Xenon OEM lights (here must note that we are on Vespa & Co having only one headlight, while cars have 2 off those, meaning even if headlight properly sized/equipped, single one will always be less than 2 of them)
    * beam is projecting perfectly, thus being absolutely NO PROBLEM for the on-coming traffic
    * I haven't found any feature on the headlight for the vertical beam adjustment, guess only possibility is to add the washers bellow the upper 2 mounting screws Crying or Very sad emoticon
    * it came without any single piece of paper with instructions nor with specification Wha? emoticon
will make with Daahling night ride and will make photo of the both OEM and this LED headlight, for comparison
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Re: quick information
PreddyBaer wrote:
guys, just to quickly inform you that I have successfully installed the LED headlight and things are really looking good

due to busy schedule and very cold weather, have managed only on Sunday to test it shortly

so, the very initial verdict:
    * beam is significantly stronger than OEM light, but have feeling that would need to be tiny bit more stronger to be comparison with the good Xenon OEM lights (here must note that we are on Vespa & Co having only one headlight, while cars have 2 off those, meaning even if headlight properly sized/equipped, single one will always be less than 2 of them)
    * beam is projecting perfectly, thus being absolutely NO PROBLEM for the on-coming traffic
    * I haven't found any feature on the headlight for the vertical beam adjustment, guess only possibility is to add the washers bellow the upper 2 mounting screws Crying or Very sad emoticon
    * it came without any single piece of paper with instructions nor with specification Wha? emoticon
will make with Daahling night ride and will make photo of the both OEM and this LED headlight, for comparison
I'll second everything you said. For adjustment, it is fixed, but as you indicated you can add washers. Unfortunately I didn't see the bolts in the box until after I added the metal screws from the OEM headlight, which basically ripped through the threads in the headlight that the bolts should have screwed into. No worries though because its definitely secure now!

My 2018 GTS doesn't have the parking light in the headlight so I soldered the parking light wire onto the low beam wire.

The output is beautiful white light, the beam pattern is great. However - it's not blowing me away with the lumens.

All in all I'm very happy considering there were no other options (I don't consider the scooterwest LED bulb replacement an option because you should no be putting non-Halogen bulbs in a halogen bulb reflector housing due to safety issues with light run off)
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
Re: quick information
flyingpertyhigh wrote:
...The output is beautiful white light, the beam pattern is great. However - it's not blowing me away with the lumens...
I think I will buy (later) an additional set of SW Motech Evo (mentioned in the first post here) lights, use one for me as additional light mounted somewhere on cascade or even front wheel, the other piece will give to Daahling to improve his light as well.

overall am pretty happy with the outcome.
@mingo avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS

Hooked
@mingo avatar
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
UTC quote
Vendors on Aliexpress.com sell that LED headlight unit for about the same price as it's posted on Amazon.. some more and some a bit less.

I'd like to see it on your bike installed and lit up both high and low beam pics, please.
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
quick photos of the installation ...
... night drive photos to follow

Nerd emoticon
nr 1
nr 1
nr 2
nr 2
nr 3
nr 3
@mingo avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS

Hooked
@mingo avatar
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
UTC quote
It looks like a perfect fit. I'd like to see a picture of it illuminated during the day time! Thanks for posting those pics.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
That's funny. Mine is the same color!!
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
ok, Snookie help me made this ones for you
we had short ride last night, so we made this for you

so, as you can see the LED headlight presented to you is providing quite cultivated, stronger beam. I mentioned this before, would be good that we have 2 off these (like on cars) but hey, this is quite solid improvement (to me) to the OEM headlight

I am happy chappy

Nerd emoticon
dipped lights (left LED right OEM)
dipped lights (left LED right OEM)
high beam lights (left LED right OEM)
high beam lights (left LED right OEM)
@snookerinberlin avatar
UTC

Hooked
2017 GTS Super 300ie 'Sofia', 2014 Suzuki SV650

Hooked
@snookerinberlin avatar
2017 GTS Super 300ie 'Sofia', 2014 Suzuki SV650
UTC quote
I must admit, it makes my OEM headlight look positively sad.
However, the price point for the new, brighter light hurts.
⬆️    About 3 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@preddybaer avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@preddybaer avatar
UTC quote
would like to ...
... compare my LED light (see above) and the OEM 2019 GTS LED

Nerd emoticon
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
There are a couple of companies that make these things, and they are probably the same companies making them for Piaggio. They are defiintely the companies making them for everyone that is selling them on Ebay And Amazon
You can find them pretty cheap on Alibaba.com. Do a search for Vespa Headlight. They are about $100 or less. You get a better price if you buy more than one, and the one for the Sprint is about $50. It's not something I want to sell, or organize, but if someone was so motivated as to organize and put together a group buy,k to get a price break, I would take one or two of the GTS ones, and I'll tell you the most important question you can ask pottential vendors on Alibaba
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
Maybe because the Liberty is a fairly all-new design - Piaggio has given it an amazingly good headlight. It is not an LED light - but uses a 55/60W bulb. I find it to be comparable to the Suzuki Burgman 400's very good twin running headlights. I don't know how this little 155cc (with tiny 6Ah battery) scooter powers this headlight?....but I love it!
In the worst night driving conditions I go for the Liberty scooter, rather than the Kymco with its 35/35W headlight.

BTW - the new Kymco 4-valve, aircooled, LIKE150i has 2-wheel ABS and LED lights, twin disc brakes, 2 rear shocks, @$2,700.(voted scooter of the year recently)
O.S.
@vespoukius avatar
UTC

gts 300 e4

@vespoukius avatar
gts 300 e4
UTC quote
HPE Lightning
My question is this: Does the new gts hpe original led headlight, fit in the previous gts versions? So it would be an upgrade, to buy it t as a part and fit it. Also for the rear, although I think it is not necessary.
UTC

Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus

Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
UTC quote
I always read these threads with a sense of foreboding. I get blinded by a lot of these after market lights - it's something to do with their very intense light that takes ages for my eyes to readjust from. It's a very common issue for drivers in their 50's and beyond. I can cope perfectly with normal bulbs but the Xeon and particularly these LED bulbs just completely blind me for a second or two. I had an issue last Christmas when I was riding along in fairly slow moving city traffic. A car coming the other way went over a speed bump and his LED headlamps caught me full in the face. Unfortunately someone chose just that moment to run across the road in front of me. I didn't see him at all, actually I couldn't see anything, I just felt his coat come over my bars and heard a scream in my ear but fortunately I didn't hit him. I appreciate it's fun being able to see for miles at night but just remember it might be someones child making that mad dash across the road. I don't know about this bulb but these bulbs are often marked for off road use for a reason.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0253s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0057s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]