OP
@little_karl avatar
UTC

2023 Vespa GTS 300 Super

@little_karl avatar
2023 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Had a great ride last Saturday. Just took my usual 1-1/2 hour loop ride from home, along suburban / country roads in Shelby County, Alabama. Temperatures in the mid 40's, baby blue sky with just a few wisps of alto cirrus clouds. The occasional smell of wood smoke and pine trees. The dense cold air and 93 octane gas made the most out of my 150cc's of displacement. Even the few traffic lights were with me on this ride. Makes me remember my 20+ years of cycling back in the 70's and 80's when traffic seemed lighter and I was young enough to recover from long rides (now a days, forget it!). Glad to be back on the road again!
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em

Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em
UTC quote
Glad you had a great ride and welcome to MV. However, ride reports are incomplete without at least one photo. Merry Christmas.
OP
@little_karl avatar
UTC

2023 Vespa GTS 300 Super

@little_karl avatar
2023 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
what a day
lostboater wrote:
Glad you had a great ride and welcome to MV. However, ride reports are incomplete without at least one photo. Merry Christmas.
I knew I needed a photo, but just didn't want to stop for a selfie.
@roadscum avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 GTS 300 Touring

Hooked
@roadscum avatar
2019 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Re: Oh what a day, what a wonderful day
little karl wrote:
Had a great ride last Saturday. Just took my usual 1-1/2 hour loop ride from home, along suburban / country roads in Shelby County, Alabama. Temperatures in the mid 40's, baby blue sky with just a few wisps of alto cirrus clouds. The occasional smell of wood smoke and pine trees. The dense cold air and 93 octane gas made the most out of my 150cc's of displacement. Even the few traffic lights were with me on this ride. Makes me remember my 20+ years of cycling back in the 70's and 80's when traffic seemed lighter and I was young enough to recover from long rides (now a days, forget it!). Glad to be back on the road again!
Glad to hear ya had a great day on the scooter. Welcome aboard, ride far, have fun, be safe.

Paul
@roadscum avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 GTS 300 Touring

Hooked
@roadscum avatar
2019 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
little karl wrote:
Glad to hear ya had a great day on the scooter. Welcome aboard, ride far, have fun, be safe.

Paul
@roadscum avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 GTS 300 Touring

Hooked
@roadscum avatar
2019 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
little karl wrote:

Paul
@roadscum avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 GTS 300 Touring

Hooked
@roadscum avatar
2019 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
little karl wrote:

Paul
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Re: what a day
little karl wrote:
lostboater wrote:
We'll forgive you this one. Razz emoticon

Sounds like a great day. 8)
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
Re: what a day
little karl wrote:
lostboater wrote:
No need for a selfie.

When you ride a Vespa, the photos are usually of the Vespa.

Other than the Show Us You thread, nobody wants to see one of us.

Bill
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon

Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
UTC quote
Hey Karl, welcome to MV. I have fond memories of Alabaster from my days at a metal shop in the early 70's. I lived in Vestavia at the time, and had a summer job at RJ Dick. Enjoy riding during the mild winter.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
Alabama on My MInd
Little Karl,

Thanks for the ride report. My memory of Alabama - beautiful country.
You really have an all season world to explore on that 150.

I am going to the Minnesota Blue Grass and Old Time Country Music Festival this weekend. I will be listening for some Alabama Blue Grass Music and thinking
of you scooting down there.

Happy Trails - Song of the South, Sweet Potato cupcake and Shut my Mouth!

Bob Copeland
Froze in Minnesota
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC quote
The system translated "pie" into cupcake
Bob C
OP
@little_karl avatar
UTC

2023 Vespa GTS 300 Super

@little_karl avatar
2023 Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Re: The system translated "cupcake" into cupcake
Bob Copeland wrote:
Bob C
Have a great time at the blue grass festival. I hope it is indoors! Not much riding here lately; it rains every other day and keeps the roads too wet for my liking. I think I might invest in some rain tires and rain gear. If you are ever in 'Bama, let me know and we will ride some back roads! By the way, sweet potato cup cakes might be pretty good
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0312s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0061s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]