UTC

Nedminder
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Quote:
Don't listen Ned... Buncha armchair quarterbacks welders JB-welders!
Hahaha.
It's all good.
Not like any of us knows for certain - I'm not an engineer - just play one on this thread.
Further - the forces are so dynamic there.
I just had to make a call on it that I'd be comfortable with.
Welding was my last choice...
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
UTC quote
Oh, this is total armchair welding. But don't worry, he knows better than to listen to me.
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
trust me - this entire conversation occurred for a full 10 minutes on a loop before I slumped my shoulders forward - got out the torch - and started unbending all the components and disassembling.

Remember - the crank was bonded to the main bearing - the main bearing to the bronze seat - the seat to the cases. I was building this thing to be a reinforced thumper.

So now the convo happened here too.
🙂
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

77 Days Since Last Explosion

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
Just know that if the voices in your head ever decide to take a few days off, we're here to cover for them.
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator
VNB VSC VMA VSX - o9c vbc vmb

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
UTC quote
My comment was meant with affection and grins... the entertainment value of the peanut gallery (I am in the cheap seats of said gallery) is one of my favorite parts of this thread!

I am a card carrying member of the JB Welders Local 131 FFS.
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
I think its official.
I am changing from JB weld to Loctite EA9460.
That stuff is tough as nails.

Stripped the cases down to bare bones today - even the bronze seat.
Fit the xmas tree and dremeled back the cases to get rid of the new found interference from my welds.
While I was there - pulled out the pad too.

Figured I was this far - might as well take all I leaned and build it ground up.
This time I will do all the bonding in a synchronized fashion.
Perhaps there will be a posting of the methods...
Pad will be bonded in simultaneously with the crank - so no additional epoxy.
.05 shims on the surfaces to create the clearances.

Few images of the destruction/tear down
Blued everything up - then let the gears create marks so I knew where I should Dremel.
Blued everything up - then let the gears create marks so I knew where I should Dremel.
Took a lot of direct heat to get the pad to remove.  Only direct heat allowed it to peal off - and the epoxy was still bonded to the cases until I directly heated it too
Took a lot of direct heat to get the pad to remove. Only direct heat allowed it to peal off - and the epoxy was still bonded to the cases until I directly heated it too
Couple images of the L shaped pad after removal.
Couple images of the L shaped pad after removal.
Backside.  Have to say - that EA9460 impressed.  Without torch - this thing was not coming off.
Backside. Have to say - that EA9460 impressed. Without torch - this thing was not coming off.
Crack repaired and re-machined.  Cases look like hell - but are strong like bull.
Oh - and I will seal any porosity with the epoxy - and sleep well at night.
Crack repaired and re-machined. Cases look like hell - but are strong like bull. Oh - and I will seal any porosity with the epoxy - and sleep well at night.
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Ok, I'm gonna say it again. What you're doing is off the charts impressive. And the tenacity and perseverance - hell, I can't even drum up the energy and effort to clean my garage, let alone build the new bench!

Thanks for doing this, and backing it up with pictures. It gives me inspiration that maybe I'll get to handling a few of the projects I have going, like a new bench...
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
qas - thank brother. Appreciate that.

Took another run at it today.
Figured this is a one day build (hahaha - been at this for 6 months).
Decided I would do a little photo of the steps.
Most of it was a joy - until the end.
Uhg - the end.
User error.
But we will get to that in a few.
First - how about a look at some of the good stuff.

As noted previously - decided I needed to do it all in one.
The trick here is - since I am bonding stuff in - but heat allows good fit up of components when pressed in - I need to do all my pressing and heating in one go.
Then any additional bonding as the final step.

SELF: HAVE TO HEAT FIRST. BOND SECOND.

Carefully cleaned and prepped everything.
Pics tell the story below - except (spoiler alert) - I should have pressed the DRT main seal holder in at the same time as the main bearing.

Here we go.
First - I removed some micorscopic shrapnel from my finger tip.  Essential
First - I removed some micorscopic shrapnel from my finger tip. Essential
I kept the part I had turned for the pad - so I made a new pad from this
I kept the part I had turned for the pad - so I made a new pad from this
I blued it up and scribed the line at 15.80 mm - which would leave me 1.2mm overlap on the crank (the other side is a zero overlap as it seals from the side)
I blued it up and scribed the line at 15.80 mm - which would leave me 1.2mm overlap on the crank (the other side is a zero overlap as it seals from the side)
Was surprised by how delicate a cut I could take on the the mill.  The pad is thin.  I was able to make an extremely accurate part for insertion. There are real advantages of doing it outside the case - much better control.
Was surprised by how delicate a cut I could take on the the mill. The pad is thin. I was able to make an extremely accurate part for insertion. There are real advantages of doing it outside the case - much better control.
I cleaned up the last .2mm with a hand file - tilting it so I couldn't hit the sealing surface.
I cleaned up the last .2mm with a hand file - tilting it so I couldn't hit the sealing surface.
I greased the surfaces I didn't want to bond - and acetoned the others.
I greased the surfaces I didn't want to bond - and acetoned the others.
These are the main components.  If I read my own scouting report - I would have inserted them (in a row) AT THE SAME TIME.  oh well.
These are the main components. If I read my own scouting report - I would have inserted them (in a row) AT THE SAME TIME. oh well.
I pressed and bonded the bearing to the bronze ring.  Then heated the crap out of the cases and put the DRT aluminum ring in.  I should have pressed all three in at same time. What you can't see here is the DRT ring being pushed out the back... bad.
I pressed and bonded the bearing to the bronze ring. Then heated the crap out of the cases and put the DRT aluminum ring in. I should have pressed all three in at same time. What you can't see here is the DRT ring being pushed out the back... bad.
I over cut the cases - larger than the pad insert.  This makes cutting so much easier - just roughed it in.  The pad brings the precision and epoxy back fills.
I over cut the cases - larger than the pad insert. This makes cutting so much easier - just roughed it in. The pad brings the precision and epoxy back fills.
I used this plug I had made to center things with - so I could heat just the inner of the bearing - by heating this plug with a torch.  Worked nicely.
I used this plug I had made to center things with - so I could heat just the inner of the bearing - by heating this plug with a torch. Worked nicely.
Finally - it was time to pull in the crank.  put epoxy on the pad and all seemed well.  Used feeler gauges as shims to create an exact .05 clearance
Finally - it was time to pull in the crank. put epoxy on the pad and all seemed well. Used feeler gauges as shims to create an exact .05 clearance
Note how square a corner you can achieve with the L shape pad.
Note how square a corner you can achieve with the L shape pad.
Then I realized: I had forgotten the snap ring for the DRT seal - which everything indexes off. Made diving save.  Glued half my tools together.  Not sure main bearing to bronze seal not ruined. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Then I realized: I had forgotten the snap ring for the DRT seal - which everything indexes off. Made diving save. Glued half my tools together. Not sure main bearing to bronze seal not ruined. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes
UTC quote
Another theory busted, practice does not make perfect. Let's see what the pressure test says.
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
I think I've figured out your theme song... Razz emoticon

@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
UTC quote
^^^^
Hahaha

I was thinking....
Keep punching Ned. Keep punching.
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
Birdsnest wrote:
^^^^
Hahaha

I was thinking....

Keep punching Ned. Keep punching.
ROFL emoticon

That's a good tune. I'd never heard of Frank Turner, but I'm going to check out his catalog.

How's the old saying go? "You can't make an omelet without repeatedly breaking a few heavily customized and re-engineered engine cases" or something like that.

We could probably assemble a CM2 Mix Tape like this...Next up, this week's theme song

@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
UTC quote
charlieman22 wrote:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
That is one wide hole.

-peanut gallery
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
My wife just asked me "what are you listening to?"

Hahahaha. I love it. You guys crack me up! ROFL emoticon
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Hahahahaha.
Morning all.

Well - I will finish assembling to see what I have.
Here is the update/clarification of my Frank Turner moment.

At issue is the bronze seat. It ended up getting set about 1mm too high.
I say "set" but that's the real question.
If the retaining compound had cured when I moved it - then it won't hold (for long anyway) when I run the motor.
If the compound was not cured - then I'm probably fine.
It will be easy to track.
Picture below shows how.
I can just pull the carb manifold and put a feeler gauge in the gap to see if it's grown.
Suspect this one may not last long.

Below is an image of the crank with the shims removed.
It is EXACTLY .05mm clearance on all sides.
I would venture to guess - that the infamous "must be 1.2mm" of overlap rule could be 1mm or less with this method.
Reason: its a function of air resistance - so 1.2mm at .01 gap might be .6mm at .05 gap?
OTC - is this a legit calc?

The other thing is - the pad is better than factory perfect in consistency.
Edges are straight to within .01mm end to end (or what ever the tolerance of my mill is).
Part of what took my time yesterday was making the pad (the enjoyable part).
It's just night and day what you can do with the pad when its not in the cases.

I will go on record now: having built and ripped this stupid motor down 4 or 5 times.
Cutting the pad - then bonding it in - rather than bonding then cutting, or welding - is the unrivaled most accurate method
No shade thrown here.
I stole the idea for bonding from Joe Casola for bonding.

- Best material options for toughness
- Most accurate tight and consistent clearances possible
- Best most accurate shaping of inlet hole
- Arguably - easiest to execute to a higher level (don't let my bafoonery with the main bearing confuse the issue).

It's also possible - if this L shaped inlet works - that this is the widest inlet solution too. Insertion of the pre-finished pad allows .05 clearance not only on the face of the crank web - but on the side too.
So that is a true .05mm gap now on the side and top of the crank web.  
I will shape the epoxy to smooth - and I actually have to take the cases back a little more - to align with the edges of my pad.
So that is a true .05mm gap now on the side and top of the crank web. I will shape the epoxy to smooth - and I actually have to take the cases back a little more - to align with the edges of my pad.
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Found a bit of time to work on the motor t'day.
Where we last left off - I was assembling and disassembling about 2x per day.
Rate remains unchanged...

Dry fit (if you call putting your last gasket on and applying honda-bond "dry fitting") exposed a new issue - created by my less than stellar execution of the crank install.
The fly side crank web (say that 4 times fast) is interfering with the fly side cases - and pressing on the fly side main bearing.

Decided not to tear down to scratch this time - but instead modify the fly side.
Lotta work for a little movement.
Some images below.
The red surface needed to be machined form the inside - but it has a similar angle cut from it.  So rather than machine through and create another crack - I decided to build up the angled area first (green arrow area)
The red surface needed to be machined form the inside - but it has a similar angle cut from it. So rather than machine through and create another crack - I decided to build up the angled area first (green arrow area)
I started by just running a bead on the outer edge, then just kept building up.  I used the peening method to consolidate the metal and make it denser.  See next.
I started by just running a bead on the outer edge, then just kept building up. I used the peening method to consolidate the metal and make it denser. See next.
Here it is built up, peened, and washed over to create really good consolidated material.
Here it is built up, peened, and washed over to create really good consolidated material.
Then I inserted the DRT seal holder.  Notice I gapped it so it would sit outboard of the motor.  You can see a gold colored washer I put in there to keep it level
Then I inserted the DRT seal holder. Notice I gapped it so it would sit outboard of the motor. You can see a gold colored washer I put in there to keep it level
I pulled the DRT seal holder back out and ran a quick beed of weld around the perimeter - not too close to the edge of the hole
I pulled the DRT seal holder back out and ran a quick beed of weld around the perimeter - not too close to the edge of the hole
Then I put the seal holder back in and ran a second ring of bead, this time tying in the seal holder and making it integral with the cases.
Then I put the seal holder back in and ran a second ring of bead, this time tying in the seal holder and making it integral with the cases.
Then I flipped it over and milled out the other side - to allow the bearing to sit down lower in the cases - and avoid interfering with the crank
Then I flipped it over and milled out the other side - to allow the bearing to sit down lower in the cases - and avoid interfering with the crank
Finished and ready for bearing to be pressed in with an inset to the cases of about 2mm
Finished and ready for bearing to be pressed in with an inset to the cases of about 2mm
Bearing now 2mm inset.  Doesn't look like much - but it will remove interference when I assemble.  Think it's time to try and assemble.
Bearing now 2mm inset. Doesn't look like much - but it will remove interference when I assemble. Think it's time to try and assemble.
Back here.  Again.  Little gasket sealer cleaning/scraping and ready for the next round.
Again.
Back here. Again. Little gasket sealer cleaning/scraping and ready for the next round. Again.
@pheasant_plucker avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
bare metal cafe racer

Molto Verboso
@pheasant_plucker avatar
bare metal cafe racer
UTC quote
Crazy work man! Next you'll build some cases from welding rod?

Crossing fingers for yah…
@christopher_55934 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
I've got to say your a beast. I would have been so annoyed at this point I would have pulled out my wallet bought a set of those fancy reed valve cases for a 200 motor. Then a MHR cylinder and mounted that 62mm crank in it and said F$&@ you to those cases. After I melted them down into an aluminum bar. Just sayin 🤬
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
I know CM2's mindset all too well, because I spend a lot of time there. Any individual element of what he's doing seems like a sensible and rational effort. It's only when you take a step back that it makes more sense to have "just done X instead."

The tradeoff, though, is that this is about the journey. Ned is pushing the boundaries of what's possible with a classic Vespa motor, he's come up with an innovative way to widen the intake, he's learned valuable skills along the way, and has channeled more Inner 13-Year Old Innuendo into the last few threads that I thought possible (well done on that, Sir, btw Razz emoticon).

Personally, I can't wait to see how this all comes together. Sure, welding the DRT seal holder in place was maybe a bit of overkill, but given that this whole project is the very definition of "overkill," it makes perfect sense in the context.

Now scrape off that Hondabond and get this thing back together, Ned! I want a First Start Video before New Years!
@pheasant_plucker avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
bare metal cafe racer

Molto Verboso
@pheasant_plucker avatar
bare metal cafe racer
UTC quote
chandlerman wrote:
he's learned valuable skills along the way
I suspect this is the main reason he hasn't given up on these cases. Lots of new technique, ideas and skills being refined here. And better to f these ones up and learn something sorting the f ups before sticking decent cases on the table.

Or maybe he is just as stubborn as they come! ;P
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
More likely, it's both. Not that either of us would know anything about that sort of thing.
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Ha!, well, the project goals have wandered a bit...
Suppose I could have just worked on it - then showed a set of pictures when complete...
If it worked.
But where's the fun in a tightrope act that has a lousy net under it.
Give me alligators.

In fairness - it started as a performance build - that would be robust.
Replaceable oil seals.
Weld instead of JB weld.
Bigger inlet using P200 crank.
Few weeks max - back on the road.
What could possibly take longer?

Then:
Bought a mill
Bought a lathe.
Restored the lathe.
Sold that lathe
Bought another lathe.
Learned to operate said lathe and mill.
Commenced turning mill into CNC
Leaned to TIG weld cast aluminum.
And decided to try and optimize the inlet.

That last bit was largely driven by OTC's calcs that showed the (potential) advantage of width of inlet vs length.

We'll see if my solution for the inlet actually works/ holds up.
Frankly - if it doesn't (either) - I think it will come down to execution rather than concept.
And there is the driver.
I'd rather it fail in concept than in execution.

Here are a few shots of it.
Also re-machined the fly side to ensure I have clearance.
Hope I took enough...
machined and readied.  have gotten a lot better at inserting the bronze seat and bearing with bonding agent on them.  less drama.  more secure.
machined and readied. have gotten a lot better at inserting the bronze seat and bearing with bonding agent on them. less drama. more secure.
Doing a little clean up.  That's 16mm of width - nearly entirety of the crank web.  At .05 clearance entire perimeter. Largest risks are: crank moves and/or binding due to thermal expansion.
Doing a little clean up. That's 16mm of width - nearly entirety of the crank web. At .05 clearance entire perimeter. Largest risks are: crank moves and/or binding due to thermal expansion.
Arguably not the optimal crank for the job as Jack noted.  But that's still a pretty big path for the fuel to take.
Arguably not the optimal crank for the job as Jack noted. But that's still a pretty big path for the fuel to take.
@orwell84 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@orwell84 avatar
UTC quote
I'm pretty sure I understand your journey. It seems like a desire to get to the bottom of something and understand and master every aspect of it. It's driven more by curiosity and a desire to learn. I have taken similar journeys, though not as extensive as yours. Obviously, it's not so much about HAVING a Vespa with a sidecar.

I built a flight simulator just because the whole idea lit me up and I had to see if I could do it. I had to learn a lot of things that I had no idea about. I ended up learning a lot about radio navigation because that was the only way I could test whether the autopilot I built actually worked. I'm not actually interested in learning how to fly a real plane. Go figure. Sometimes I walk into the airplane room and it feels like some other crazy person built the whole thing while I was away.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading about your progress.
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Thanks Orwell.
That pretty much captures it.
Quote:
Sometimes I walk into the airplane room and it feels like some other crazy person built the whole thing while I was away.
haha. I have this sensation all the time.

Motor will go back together today - I am in double digits probably by now.
I had wanted this to be both proof of concept - and robust tester.
Im not fully convinced on the latter for this motor - there have been so many patches.
Will press forward and try to get it on leak test by tonight to see if the many patches are sealed appropriately.

Not thing that struck me - to my advantage - that I hadn't considered before.
The vespa manual says you should put your bearings on the crank - then install the crank.
I always hated this method - for execution, and the lack of the fly side bearing seating fully in the bronze seat.

But it struck me yesterday why they do it.
It's tru, it is a compromise of strength for the bearing not to be seated all the way.
But it ensures that the fly side bearing it giving positive resistance to the crank moving axialy.

Since my bearing it seated in the case halve before closing - making it more stable - I think I will achieve the same effect by using the retaining compound on the fly side of the crank when I close the cases.

You may - or may not... - recall that I did this on the clutch side - but then fudged it up and broke that seal when it was slightly cured.
A bit of retaining on the fly side will buy me back some crank stability on the axial plane - which is critical to keeping my side sealing portion of the pad in spec.

We will see if that works... provided the thing can hold air after the many (many, many) patches I have done.
@pheasant_plucker avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
bare metal cafe racer

Molto Verboso
@pheasant_plucker avatar
bare metal cafe racer
UTC quote
Hope it's as watertight as a frog's ass and the only bubbling is your overwhelming joy (and champagne celebrations!)
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Quote:
Hope it's as watertight as a frog's ass and the only bubbling is your overwhelming joy (and champagne celebrations!)
Thanks brother.
Not sure how many more times a man can assemble and disassemble a motor.

I took a hard run at it this afternoon.
I was "generous" with the honda bond on all seams.
I used a few made up tricks to clean it up after the cases came together.
It is curing in the garage now - will undergo a pressure test in the morning.
Failed so many - I've forgotten what it feels like to squeeze the bulb of my pressure test - and not feel/hear the pressure slip away just as quickly.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.
First matter, warm up my seat before I started my day.  'Lil chilly here.
First matter, warm up my seat before I started my day. 'Lil chilly here.
carefully prepped the gasket and cases
carefully prepped the gasket and cases
Slipped a piece of oiled clear film around the crank - so that he honda-bond would squeeze up against it - rather than all over the crank web - when I closed the case.  I was able to reach in and "tool" it with a long screwdriver before I put on
Slipped a piece of oiled clear film around the crank - so that he honda-bond would squeeze up against it - rather than all over the crank web - when I closed the case. I was able to reach in and "tool" it with a long screwdriver before I put on
638 Green retaining compound applied to the crank before the fly side case installed - locks the crank in its position axially. Suspect there is a longer working life - thinner compound - to be found.
638 Green retaining compound applied to the crank before the fly side case installed - locks the crank in its position axially. Suspect there is a longer working life - thinner compound - to be found.
Cleaned up the squeeze out inside the transfers using a Q-tip down the transfer port while it was still wet.  Worked nicely.
Cleaned up the squeeze out inside the transfers using a Q-tip down the transfer port while it was still wet. Worked nicely.
Here.  Again.  See what the morning brings.
Here. Again. See what the morning brings.
@gt6mk3 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Bodgerific 150 Super, PX200(ish...), US 50 Special in progress

Hooked
@gt6mk3 avatar
Bodgerific 150 Super, PX200(ish...), US 50 Special in progress
UTC quote
Good luck with the leak test Ned. I always seem to go to light with the sealant 1st try, then slater it on next time round. Hope you hit the sweet spot.

If your feeling cold, come on over. 32 degrees here today (those are metric degrees, not those analogue things you work with).

Good day for a 4 hour ride, pity I didn't have a motor to help me. Luckily there was a pub at the 1/2 way mark.
Last time I was here was 1/2 way round not the Mille.  My arse was about as sore this time too!
Last time I was here was 1/2 way round not the Mille. My arse was about as sore this time too!
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
UTC quote
Wake up already and start the live feed!!!!
The suspense is killing me.
😬

Seriously, fingers crossed for ya!
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
I'm with BN...let's get the live feed going! It's already 5:20 out in CA. Are you going to sleep all day?!? Razz emoticon

I haven't been at your level of swings & misses on a project (yet), but I've been close, so I know how you feel.

Also, you didn't leave anything important on the floor did you? Like a kickstart gear?
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
UTC quote
Birdsnest wrote:
Wake up already and start the live feed!!!!
The suspense is killing me.
😬

Seriously, fingers crossed for ya!
Me too!

Also, what coffee and pastries are you indulging in for this momentus occasion?
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
UTC quote

Appropriate as you are literally now "on the hot seat".
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
Remember...No pressure!

Wait...that came out wrong, didn't it? Facepalm emoticon Razz emoticon
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
Live feed on YouTube, I have to go work on wife's car, and can watch record later. Viagra or not, question of the day?
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
UTC quote
Alright, alright... he has to be up by now... I figure he is:

a) Out riding the unicorn with a gleeful smile. (Dead bugs plastered in his teeth 'cause the combination of speed and joy prevent him from closing his gob.

b) He's knee deep in a puddle of tears, liquor, spent hondabond and temporary defeat.

Place your bets.
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
I couldn't stand the suspense, so I just went straight to the source a little while ago.
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Amen!
She's tight.
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
UTC quote
Boom!
OP
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC

Nedminder

Nedminder
@charlieman22 avatar
UTC quote
Spent the afternoon assembling - while Chandlerman. and SoCal hazed cheered me on through group text while I turned wrenches.

Almost there - but when I got the the final task before taking it off the bench - I realized that I had the wrong output shaft seal!

Wait!
It's NYE.
Everyone is closed!
For the weekend!

So I contacted the guy that lived in Chicago but moved to Nashville who was drinking pink stuff from a martini glass - and he contacted the guy in Southern California - and Southern California got on the job and texted his Los Angeles connection - code name Slippery - and told him that I was gonna call.

I mean - this project has always been about efficiency.
So there is a seal, in an envelope, on the porch, about 15 minutes from here, that's gonna let me finish up the project tomorrow.

Off to enjoy a glass with the fam.
Cheers and Happy New Year all!
The missing seal
The missing seal
Clutch rebuilt using Swiss's thread as guidance.  Who knew there were different thickness' of plates and an order to assemble in?!
Clutch rebuilt using Swiss's thread as guidance. Who knew there were different thickness' of plates and an order to assemble in?!
The loot being surreptitiously delivered to an undisclosed location - where the Greasy's might enjoy some NYE cheer.
The loot being surreptitiously delivered to an undisclosed location - where the Greasy's might enjoy some NYE cheer.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
*radio crackles*

BigBird this is CookieMonster. over.

*radio crackles*

asset has been acquired. over.

*radio crackles*

confirmed LZ, eyes on crows and black cats. all friendlies. package has two system verification. godspeed. over and out.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1096s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0910s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]