Last couple days, I noticed the scoot would randomly stall at idle.
Quick chat with SC, advised me that it was likely running too lean.
Too lean? But I have a richer rod in it. Weird.
Then yesterday - my idle started creeping up.
By the time I got home - it was around 2700.
Maybe I have an air leak.
Oh man, maybe all this abuse has cracked the welds I made in the case.
Or maybe its a main seal.
Or perhaps its the head.
But the head would cause detonation - not fast idle.
And my seals are Viton.
So perhaps its something simpler.
Rather than tear it apart to leak test - I read my own scouting report and used a trick I'm a fan of.
I'm sure most of you know it - but I'll post a vid of it hear.
Using carb cleaner - with a tube on it so I can be precise with my aim - I run the motor and squirt it at the likely candidates.
When you hit the spot - idle will die down.
Even better if you can pick up the idle higher for the test.
If you watch the video - you can see how one side of the carb had no effect - but the other killed the idle.
The parts fit up well enough - but when I welded - I got some warp.
I am recalling now that I kinda sanded it with the belt sander - then just cranked the bolts to flatten on install. Not my best moment.
Plan to pull it and either re-make, or see if I can machine down flat.